CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame the video didn't pick up the license plate number. Then there would be no doubt about who's vehicle it was leaving the McStay home.
Not that i think it matters that much in the overall picture of who the perp. was that killed the family, IMO. The perp. got them to the grave site in the desert somehow, and he didn't walk there that's for sure.
All this is is the DT trying anything to try and create some reasonable doubt, because that is their job to do for a defendant they represent. Which hopefully juries would be aware of i would think?

What a shame the video didn't pick up the license plate number. Then there would be no doubt about who's vehicle it was leaving the McStay home.
Not that i think it matters that much in the overall picture of who the perp. was that killed the family, IMO. The perp. got them to the grave site in the desert somehow, and he didn't walk there that's for sure.
All this is is the DT trying anything to try and create some reasonable doubt, because that is their job to do for a defendant they represent. Which hopefully juries would be aware of i would think?

From around 59:00 of the Day 3 Part 2 McGee seems to suggest the video footage could have been subject to editing. Also footage from Feb. 5-Feb. 14 is inexplicably missing and could have included crucial info about the vehicles and persons.

From around 59:00 of the Day 3 Part 2 McGee seems to suggest the video footage could have been subject to editing. Also footage from Feb. 5-Feb. 14 is inexplicably missing and could have included crucial info about the vehicles and persons.

The DT suggest a lot in this trial IMO. But where is there evidence of that? As much as they want to throw doubt into this case they should have at least some evidence of what they state. IMO

Imo if the license plate was caught people would still doubt it was his truck.

LOOK at the picture of the shop CM worked in and parked his truck in. You can see
chases-warehouse-jpg.184212

his truck parked in the shop along with some fountains and when you LOOK at the RED ARROWS you can see the same red tiedown straps or the same type and color that belonged CM.

Attachments

• Chases Warehouse.jpg
    Chases Warehouse.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 97
LOOK at the picture of the shop CM worked in and parked his truck in. You can see

his truck parked in the shop along with some fountains and when you LOOK at the RED ARROWS you can see the same red tiedown straps or the same type and color that belonged CM.
That isn’t a tie down, it is a red display marker indicating a load longer than the length of a vehicle. Don’t know about other states but we see them all the time in CA. Especially in logging areas.

That isn’t a tie down, it is a red display marker indicating a load longer than the length of a vehicle. Don’t know about other states but we see them all the time in CA. Especially in logging areas.
They look like red straps to me. If it's the things hanging off the pieces of timber you're talking about?

These pictures are from PM and are from CM truck in 2009/2010 and are red tie down straps like the ones Maline showed in Joseph's truck in court today.

I agree, we use "Red Display Markers" for materials which protrude the body of the vehicle. Too deadly without them.

I agree; it is not a ratchet strap or tie down. I’ve seen those many times on long, protruding loads. They are more like plastic strips tied around the protruding object.

Morning all!

So is more of his interview to come once court is in session again? TIA

How much did the jury see yesterday?

As for BobCat's pic of CMs truck did PM take them himself? If so, he would certainly know the difference, like everyone else does, when it comes to tie down straps, and flags put there as a warning.

Those things seen sure dont look like any red flag warning markers I've ever seen where I live. They would be red flags hanging from the end of the load that are very visibly seen by any vehicles behind them.

Those in the pic are way too narrow in width, imo. They dont even look like the cheap reflector tape strips either. Imo.

Imo no one would even notice this as a danger warning. The red warning flags are attached so they can flap back, and forth in the wind to attract the attention of other drivers.

They usually place them on each side of the load too and not 2 thin strips hang on just one side.

Tie down straps for welders are as common for them to have in abundance as all other equipment needed.

They always carry them in their work truck. Its a necessity always accessible to the welder due to picking up heavy metal supplies, materials, and transporting the finished products. Imo, they never go anywhere without them, and they usually have more than needed.

I imagine when CM helped Joey move they used his own tie down straps since he would have him readily available in his work truck. They are fantastic for moving heavy furniture, and appliances.

My hubby uses a commercial tie down strap. They are also yellow with black stripes on the edges, and wide about 3 or 4 inches. The ratchets on his are very large handle rachets, and the rachets are made of strong metal. The ratchet handle can be removed from the strap.

He does use the regular thin red straps with the black ratchet to move my heavy concrete planters around or tying down large trees we've bought to plant or to move heavy inside furniture around for me. Etc.

I have seen him use his heavy duty tie downs to load a vehicle onto his flat bed trailer for a friend when he purchased a classic to restore.

It's amazing how strong they are. He just connected the tie down hook to the front inside the trailer, and hooked the tie down to the under carriage, then ratcheted the strap pulling the 3,500 pound vehicle UP the trailer ramp onto the trailer in place.

It's not a COINCIDENCE CM bound Joey with a tie down strap... since all welders, who have to do pick ups, and transporting metal products like CM always has them readily available at all times in their work trucks.

So Joey being found in the grave bound with a tie down...of all things... is another piece of evidence pointing to CM (the welder) being the murderer.

ETA. looking at the pic further imo its neither tie down straps nor reflector strips.

It looks like CM used rag strips by ripping a red shop rag, and used that instead.

Imo I've seen this done by some who are too cheap to buy the correct warning products.

Imo

Last edited:
Morning all!

So is more of his interview to come once court is in session again? TIA

How much did the jury see yesterday?

As for BobCat's pic of CMs truck did PM take them himself? If so, he would certainly know the difference, like everyone else does, when it comes to tie down straps, and flags put there as a warning.

Those things seen sure dont look like any red flag warning markers I've ever seen where I live. They would be red flags hanging from the end of the load that are very visibly seen by any vehicles behind them.

Those in the pic are way too narrow in width, imo. They dont even look like the cheap reflector tape strips either. Imo.

Imo no one would even notice this as a danger warning. The red warning flags are attached so they can flap back, and forth in the wind to attract the attention of other drivers.

They usually place them on each side of the load too and not 2 thin strips hang on just one side.

Tie down straps for welders are as common for them to have in abundance as all other equipment needed.

They always carry them in their work truck. Its a necessity always accessible to the welder due to picking up heavy metal supplies, materials, and transporting the finished products. Imo, they never go anywhere without them, and they usually have more than needed.

I imagine when CM helped Joey move they used his own tie down straps since he would have him readily available in his work truck. They are fantastic for moving heavy furniture, and appliances.

My hubby uses a commercial tie down strap. They are also yellow with black stripes on the edges, and wide about 3 or 4 inches. The ratchets on his are very large handle rachets, and the rachets are made of strong metal. The ratchet handle can be removed from the strap.

He does use the regular thin red straps with the black ratchet to move my heavy concrete planters around or tying down large trees we've bought to plant or to move heavy inside furniture around for me. Etc.

I have seen him use his heavy duty tie downs to load a vehicle onto his flat bed trailer for a friend when he purchased a classic to restore.

It's amazing how strong they are. He just connected the tie down hook to the front inside the trailer, and hooked the tie down to the under carriage, then ratcheted the strap pulling the 3,500 pound vehicle UP the trailer ramp onto the trailer in place.

It's not a COINCIDENCE CM bound Joey with a tie down strap... since all welders, who have to do pick ups, and transporting metal products like CM always has them readily available at all times in their work trucks.

So Joey being found in the grave bound with a tie down...of all things... is another piece of evidence pointing to CM (the welder) being the murderer.

ETA. looking at the pic further imo its neither tie down straps nor reflector strips.

It looks like CM used rag strips by ripping a red shop rag, and used that instead.

Imo I've seen this done by some who are too cheap to buy the correct warning products.

Imo
BBM, Good point if PM took the photos? He would certainly know the difference if that was a tie down strap or not.

ETA, Not that i think it matters whether the tie down strap was JM's or CM's. Obviously the murderer had access to one seeing as it was around JM and in the grave. I think it would depend on where the killer did that anyway, and i think the general consensus from previous discussion on it was agreed it would of been for transportation purposes more than anything, as there was also a blanket/futon cover? wrapped around JM as well and the tie down strap would of secured that also, IMO.

ETA, Not that i think it matters whether the tie down strap was JM's or CM's. Obviously the murderer had access to one seeing as it was around JM and in the grave. I think it would depend on where the killer did that anyway, and i think the general consensus from previous discussion on it was agreed it would of been for transportation purposes more than anything, as there was also a blanket/futon cover? wrapped around JM as well and the tie down strap would of secured that also, IMO.

Did he remove the ratchet, and only used the tie down strap? Was the rachet found in the grave too?

I always thought it was to transport. I think he loaded Joey's wrapped body last, and put his body wrapped like a rug on top of the other 3 victims underneath.

Tia

Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads