CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find! So is it safe to believe that at 5:47 pm at least Summer and the boys were still ok? If it took an hour to get hone then did they walk in to find CM in the house with Joey, or CM could have text Summer from Joey's phone asking her to come home and have Joey's keys to get in and lie in wait?
see cricket's reply above, this wasn't her location it was where her phone was registered.

I don't know how the defense or Merritt is going to explain this. There is just no reasonable explanation.

The only thing I can think of them saying is that Chase told Joey or Joey told Chase to do it on the 4th and Chase didn't get around to it until those dates, but backdated them, so Joey would think he did them on the 4th. Now we have to believe that Joey would let Chase write those cheques, give Chase access to the QB account, and be okay with him signing his name. As for the calls to QB, in OS's they already gave us a glimpse into their explanation into that... that Joey asked him to do that for him. I could also see the defense saying that Joey was showing Chase how to use QB's on the 2nd. I don't think anyone will buy it ... but that is the only thing that I can even come up with that would even slightly cover this.

THIS is the information that the prosecution should be getting out there now IMO

On Tuesday, they are taking video testimony outside of the jury of the QB's guy that took the call about switching the QB's account, L&C will be streaming it. So we might get a bit more information as well... including maybe how the defense plans on explaining away the QB's stuff.

BBM
That wouldn't explain deleting the cashed/deposited checks though.

JMO

They found the storage unit they shared. I believe he was referring to the Pods. It's another ploy by the defense to make the investigation look inept. Even if they located the Pods what would it reveal other than a bunch of furniture?

41:57... there is objections, sustained... but he does say that they had some information from interviews about the storage shed, but not able to verify it. He says they didn't find a unit number or anything like that.

The warrant was for customer records, as well as the unit(s). They recovered a computer from the storage facility.

Also, CM made a payment in April, 2010. The one and only payment he made on the storage unit(s).

I wonder if they found payments in Joey's records?

If he had left the keys in the Trooper, with the doors unlocked, maybe he was hoping it would get stolen and driven/sold into Mexico? Were the keys left in the ignition?

The border is the opposite direction of where the bodies were found. Maybe he was trying to throw investigators off the trail?

Part of DuGal's testimony at the prelim.: Below BBM
I went to take the Isuzu
19 Trooper from the impound yard. We did not open it at the
20 impound yard.
21 We had it put on a flatbed truck. It's brought to the
22 crime lab and put into a secured garage.
23 Then, when I served the search warrant on the Isuzu
24 Trooper, we entered the Isuzu Trooper. It was locked. We
25 forced entry into the Isuzu Trooper.
And then, at my direction,
26 we processed the Trooper. And she collects all the physical
27 evidence, DNA, fingerprints, photographs, whatever we find.

Yes. The family pods were auctioned off. The family tried to get to them but were deterred because nothing was in their name. I think they even paid the monthly fee for awhile? But don't hold me to that.
Now, I am seeing that a computer tower was recovered from another storage unit. That must have been a business storage unit used by Joseph and the defendant. This is the first I have heard of it.

The computer tower was property of the Storage business, not from a storage unit. IIRC they were looking for records of a storage unit and/or a purchase of a lock.

OMG I think the truck may have been altered! I've just found a photo of it on another site and the back is different.

Your photo : (vehicle as it is currently)
cm-truck-side-view-jpg.167436

court photo - vehicle in 2014
View attachment 167463

Photo found on another site
chase-merritts-truck.png

Brake lights are lower, IMO. And it looks to me to be a different unit completely - much smaller rear opening. Do the prosecutors know this?

That could be very important info. Maybe the info can be emailed to pros.?

JMO

Ah ok. So does that mean Chase' phone wasn't actually located in Pomona either, and it's showing Pomona because that's where his phone was registered?

Correct. You'll notice Pomona next to all the calls from/to CM.

JMO

OMG I think the truck may have been altered! I've just found a photo of it on another site and the back is different.

Your photo : (vehicle as it is currently)
cm-truck-side-view-jpg.167436

court photo - vehicle in 2014
View attachment 167463

Photo found on another site
chase-merritts-truck.png

Brake lights are lower, IMO. And it looks to me to be a different unit completely - much smaller rear opening. Do the prosecutors know this?

The back of the truck is not even remotely the same, the photo you found from another site (the one with the waterfall), is it dated at all?

Is it possible that is just where her phone was registered? Records usually don't show the other person's location, just your own.

Locals can probably answer, but

The back of the truck is not even remotely the same, the photo you found from another site (the one with the waterfall), is it dated at all?
No it just says Merritt's truck underneath it.

Does anyone think Chase’s internet searches for what kids need to travel to Mexico might be related to Chase taking off with his own kids? Disappearing with kids where no child support would be necessary? What ages were his children then? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor