CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody was questioning a storage unit that Joey and Chase might have shared that LE could find no evidence of. The warrant was for Storage Etc. - Formally AMS Storage in Pomona.

I believe that is the "Face Page" only and there is also a written account of WHY they want to search it. The "Probable Cause" portion they ask a judge to "sign off" on. I don't know where you got this from, but there should more pages for this warrant? Is it possible for you to check if there are more pages?

Was the warrant requested by SDSO or SBSO? Thanks. The probable Cause (written request) would tell us why investigators wanted to search them.

Edit- It was SBSO requesting the warrant in Sep, 2014.

Pretty sure a felony counted as a strike. So, need to know how many were felonies.

In Calif, you are sent to prison on Felony convictions, otherwise you are sentenced to county jail up to a year (misdemeanor). CM has been imprisoned 2x prior to this case, not counting his county time.

I think Sgt Smith said he could find no record of the storage unit in his testimony. But iirc he was asked or said the business had been sold or something like that too? Would still think they would have record of that somewhere anyway still.
They found the storage unit they shared. I believe he was referring to the Pods. It's another ploy by the defense to make the investigation look inept. Even if they located the Pods what would it reveal other than a bunch of furniture?

Last edited:
I believe that is the "Face Page" only and there is also a written account of WHY they want to search it. The "Probable Cause" portion they ask a judge to "sign off" on. I don't know where you got this from, but there should more pages for this warrant? Is it possible for you to check if there are more pages?

Was the warrant requested by SDSO or SBSO? Thanks. The probable Cause (written request) would tell us why investigators wanted to search them.

Edit- It was SBSO requesting the warrant in Sep, 2014.

Yes there are more pages to the warrant. A computer tower was recovered from the AMS Storage Facility related to the return of the search warrant. See attached...

Attachments

• 7013DE67-9C10-4EB5-B95A-AD791EF9A4D5.jpeg
    7013DE67-9C10-4EB5-B95A-AD791EF9A4D5.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 43AE8638-96B8-42A2-85FC-3DED44E15851.jpeg
    43AE8638-96B8-42A2-85FC-3DED44E15851.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1C996409-2248-4F64-8C81-1B0AFD7279D4.jpeg
    1C996409-2248-4F64-8C81-1B0AFD7279D4.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 16
  • C43F9B5C-8D8C-408B-AEA3-523CDBBE12C8.jpeg
    C43F9B5C-8D8C-408B-AEA3-523CDBBE12C8.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Yes there are more pages to the warrant. A computer tower was recovered from the AMS Storage Facility related to the return of the search warrant. See attached...

The warrant was for customer records, as well as the unit(s). They recovered a computer from the storage facility.

Also, CM made a payment in April, 2010. The one and only payment he made on the storage unit(s).

One small tidbit from the warrant: CM's cell phone account AT&T was CLOSED shortly after the murders took place in Feb, 2010 :eek::eek:

They found the storage unit they shared. I believe he was referring to the Pods. It's another ploy by the defense to make the investigation look inept. Even if they located the Pods what would it reveal other than a bunch of furniture?

In the storage unit(s) search warrant supplied by Mica, it was stated that the storage unit(s) were w/in a 1/2 mile from a "business" JM & CM shared. The storage unit(s) have a Pomona address, which "business" are the Inv's mentioning here? Thanks, if you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRB
Thank you. This is separate from the family pods, I think. Nothing was ever recovered from the family pods. They ended up being sold without ever knowing the contents.

Just a reminder about how nine years ago today the family disappeared and was never heard from again. I will say a prayer for this family every day for the rest of my life.
Such a kind thought. Must be a tough day for the extended family. Forever changed. Life before and life after. Eased by time but never gone. Still sore but edges softened.

I originally thought they were in San Fernando?
Thank you. This is separate from the family pods, I think. Nothing was ever recovered from the family pods. They ended up being sold without ever knowing the contents.

Do you know if the "Pods" were located w/in a 1/2 mile from the "storage unit(s)? Thanks ! The search warrant PC states that JM & CM had a "business" located w/in a 1/2 mile from the unit(s)?

In Calif, you are sent to prison on Felony convictions, otherwise you are sentenced to county jail up to a year (misdemeanor). CM has been imprisoned 2x prior to this case, not counting his county time.
Felony conviction IS prison time, burglary included. My 1st ex had 2 felony convictions in Calif. for burglary (1977 and 1998) and was arrested again in 2009, was looking at 3 strikes but it was dismissed only because the arresting officers broke his hip, several ribs, and shattered his face. It has a lot to do with "habitual" criminal element at the discretion of the Judge. Most burglaries are decided by a Judge, not a jury, and the defendant will try to take a lesser plea with the prosecution.

I assume the "Pods" were the ones auctioned off? Are they separate location/items vs the storage unit(s)? This is so interesting to me. Thanks!

I assume the "Pods" were the ones auctioned off? Are they separate location/items vs the storage unit(s)? This is so interesting to me. Thanks!

Yes. The family pods were auctioned off. The family tried to get to them but were deterred because nothing was in their name. I think they even paid the monthly fee for awhile? But don't hold me to that.
Now, I am seeing that a computer tower was recovered from another storage unit. That must have been a business storage unit used by Joseph and the defendant. This is the first I have heard of it.

When the pods first came to light the family was still missing.

My first thought was could this family be in the pods?

How awful would that be?

We were all reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members