CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase's phone records actually show:

5:47 .....0 seconds <<< for whatever reason. I can't tell from his records, who called who
5:48 .....2:37

Joey's shows 5:47 ... 3 minutes (maybe they rounded up for billing)

It almost looks like Chase called him at 5:47, didn't let it connect... and called again right away? Maybe someone can remember if it was incoming or outgoing? I only see 1 record of the call on Joey's records but 2 on Chase's.

Might have to go back to this testimony to see who was calling who.

...to complicated for my simple mind I am afraid. Has anyone heard of Occam's razor

Chase's phone records actually show:

5:47 .....0 seconds <<< for whatever reason. I can't tell from his records, who called who
5:48 .....2:37

Joey's shows 5:47 ... 3 minutes (maybe they rounded up for billing)

It almost looks like Chase called him at 5:47, didn't let it connect... and called again right away? Maybe someone can remember if it was incoming or outgoing? I only see 1 record of the call on Joey's records but 2 on Chase's.

Might have to go back to this testimony to see who was calling who.

EDIT>>>>> the 5:47, 0 second one is a text message I think. It shows a text message being sent on Joey's too. So Joey texts Chases phone, then calls it at 5:48 (on cm's records) 5:47 (on Joey's)
Joey was calling Chase at 5.47 pm.

Texts are denoted by the letter D on Joey's bill. He texted Summer and E-Notes at 5.47 pm.

So just to clarify
5:47 Joey's phone calls Chase's phone
5:48 Chase's phone hangs up or dies
5:48-5:50 Joey's phone is still connected

Chime in if this isn't possible. If Chase left his phone at say, a storage unit, near his home, RC, and he used Joey's to call his phone but it ran out of charge, could this explain those 3 minutes and the fact that Joey appears to be speaking to Chase but for the last two minutes he is speaking to thin air?
.this is not possible

Someone needed to answer the call on chases phone

When someone comes up with the exact timeline of known history of cell phone routine for this family and their communication it will be obvious of their exact deaths and movements. People are creatures of habits. I believe that is how this case is going to be proven. "CSI" have forensic researchers who should be able to provide this evidence. The prosecution clearly does not have this and that is why they are going through all of this storytelling and circus act. I am disgusted with the antics going on in this trial. The audio is atrocious, the judge mumbles and the attorney's are annoying. Once more I have to rely on this forum because it seems to be the most connected. Thank you contributors.

The jurors will have phone records for other days in the exhibits

We have seen other days for Joey and he appears to make a lot of calls including from first thing in the am.

Joey was calling Chase at 5.47 pm.

Texts are denoted by the letter D on Joey's bill. He texted Summer and E-Notes at 5.47 pm.

I think the e-note was possibly sent from Joey to Chase. That is the only explanation for the 5:47 - 0 second- call on Chase's records. IIRC when I was looking up e-notes a few weeks ago, it's my understanding that it's an email to text thing (or vise versa text to email)

There are 4 things that Joey's phone records show for 5:47. An e-note, a text, an internet access and a call.

I can't wait to get an explanation for that LOL the internet access could have been going into email... texting it to Chase... texting Summer, and then calling Chase (guessing that it didn't actually connect until 5:48 and that's why Chase's phone records show 5:48)

Got to the end of what little testimony there was today grrrr

When the judge said he had a dentist appt pretty sure I heard someone say "oh my god" LOL Was that you @Cricket28 ??? :D:D

Catching up.

LOL Missy, wasn't me. But considering there were only 4 or 5 other people in the "gallery" (and they were all reporters) it must have been a juror who said that?

I do have to say, it seemed to me there were a few jurors who were mildly frustrated with having to wait around to find out if there would be any court yesterday. I overheard one say something about "wasting a whole day".

Another thing I noticed, the jury seems to be getting along really really well. Most of them go to lunch together in a big group. They'll stand in the hall and discuss who is driving and where they want to eat. There are a few who are more to themselves. I was trying to get a read on them yesterday while we waited in the hall outside the courtroom. A few older men. I feel like they will be hard to sway one way or the other once deliberations begin. One is an alternate though. I don't know why but that was the feeling I got. All speculation and MOO.

One more thing, I was glad to see the alternate who was injured yesterday show up for court. He really watches for CM's reaction to testimony, he watches that defense table.

MOO MOO MOO

While you are at it, is the camera only allowed to cover the parties involved in the current testimony, and not allowed to show other people in the audience?

I apologize for not seeing this post yesterday smr, otherwise I would have asked. My guess is they can only video the front of the courtroom. The camera is actually set up in the very back of the courtroom on the prosecution side. When I was there for day 9, I noticed that 2 reporters and myself were the only ones who sat on that side. I think it was because of the camera. Yesterday there were maybe 4 reporters and myself there, that was it. And they came over to that side to get a better view of what was portrayed on the screens.

MOO

And where was the trooper between the 4th and the 8th? Was it still in the driveway?
excellent question and so far there is no info regarding this. nobody mentions it or checks on it. There was some discussion in Rick's book that it could have been parked in the strip mall earlier than the timeline that prosecution is presenting. NOT sure.

Not so at all. He may think he was stating a fact when he's not. Is the word "definitely" so crucial to you? What if CM said "I'm definitely innocent"? Would you infer that "he was clearly stating a fact"?

"And I think that at the moment he said it, Mr. Merritt was feeling confident, smug, and awfully proud of himself." Now I say, it's definitely not the case. Must be true, right?

But he didn't say he was definitely innocent, but if he had I would definitely think he was lying. Lol

What he clearly did say though is....he KNEW he was definitely the last person to see Joey.

So how would he begin to know he was definitely the last one Joey saw when according to him he saw Joey much earlier in the afternoon when they had their very important meeting ?

Joey could have easily seen other people between that time, and when he was murdered.

For all Merritt knew Joey could have stopped some place on the way back from their meeting, and seen other people.

But Merritt was definite and he said he definitely knew he was the last person to see Joey alive even though he said they parted ways at Chic-Fil-A in the early afternoon.

In fact it sounds like Summer, and their two darling children were already dead since they would have been there with Joey alive at some point before being killed. That is the only way Merritt can be so definite about being the last one to see Joey alive.

Imo, There isn't any other logical conclusion why Merritt was so emphatic about knowing he was the last person Joey ever saw.

I think the jury will pick up on his words immediately when his interview is submitted as evidence.

Just like the police noticed right away he used past tense when talking about Joey and his family very early when they were only considered willingly missing at the time.

The jury is going to closely critique every single word he has ever said from the very beginning until he stopped ...always mindful he is the one accused, and charged with murdering all four.

Imo

Last edited:
excellent question and so far there is no info regarding this. nobody mentions it or checks on it. There was some discussion in Rick's book that it could have been parked in the strip mall earlier than the timeline that prosecution is presenting. NOT sure.
I was always under the assumption that it was the vehicle on the neighbor's security camera. Now, we find out that it wasn't their car. If it is true that CM was in the house at 2 o'clock in the morning on Feb.8 , what did he drive? Could he have driven the trooper? Or would he dare bring his own truck at that hour? Can't wait to get this cleared up.

Catching up.

LOL Missy, wasn't me. But considering there were only 4 or 5 other people in the "gallery" (and they were all reporters) it must have been a juror who said that?

I do have to say, it seemed to me there were a few jurors who were mildly frustrated with having to wait around to find out if there would be any court yesterday. I overheard one say something about "wasting a whole day".

Another thing I noticed, the jury seems to be getting along really really well. Most of them go to lunch together in a big group. They'll stand in the hall and discuss who is driving and where they want to eat. There are a few who are more to themselves. I was trying to get a read on them yesterday while we waited in the hall outside the courtroom. A few older men. I feel like they will be hard to sway one way or the other once deliberations begin. One is an alternate though. I don't know why but that was the feeling I got. All speculation and MOO.

One more thing, I was glad to see the alternate who was injured yesterday show up for court. He really watches for CM's reaction to testimony, he watches that defense table.

MOO MOO MOO

LOL maybe I didn't hear it right, but pretty sure that's what I heard. It's at about 16:15 of this video. Although, now that I said what I think I heard... that's all I hear! Thanks for your take on the jury and the "feel". Will you get a chance to go back?

Dan posted some photos dated in January on his FB. I “assume” in January 2019. Some of the photos are for logos for web3labs. Web3labs In also named in his FB url.

Instagram for web3labs connects to Dan’s SoundCloud account with user name SkyToucher. He posted music on his SoundCloud 9 days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/web3labs?ref=br_tf&epa=SEARCH_BOX

dK. @web3labs on Instagram - Insta Stalker

Skytoucher

Thanks again, Mica for all of the information you provide.

Fgs! No wonder they cant find this guy. They want everyone to believe he is hiding out somewhere silent as a tomb completely off the grid!

When in truth he seems to be in plain sight going about normal activities. Lol!

Jmo

Last edited:

Sentinel Security is the company that supplies security guards for the San Ysidro Village. One of their guards testified they have problems with people parking their cars in the lots who are NOT customers of the businesses located there. The guards start looking for vehicles to tow a couple hours before the businesses close, which IIRC was 10pm. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought he also stated the Trooper was not there the day before.

I noticed there is also an official "Border Parking" lot located directly behind/next (East) to the Village. I would assume that lot was a "pay to stay" video taped lot 24/7, but not 100% sure.

Perhaps White Rabbit can weigh in on this once she reviews her notes. Or those of you that have kept good notes. I recall lots of discussion about what happened to the trooper for those 4 days? We all assumed that it left that night! Now, with recent testimony , that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't recall the dates that the neighbor's video went on the fritz? As I remember, back in the day, the neighbor's hadn't paid close enough attention to say whether the trooper was there or not? The few comments from the neighbors was that they thought their helper actually lived with them. I thought they meant McGyver. Now I think they were talking about the defendant.

Perhaps White Rabbit can weigh in on this once she reviews her notes. Or those of you that have kept good notes. I recall lots of discussion about what happened to the trooper for those 4 days? We all assumed that it left that night! Now, with recent testimony , that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't recall the dates that the neighbor's video went on the fritz? As I remember, back in the day, the neighbor's hadn't paid close enough attention to say whether the trooper was there or not? The few comments from the neighbors was that they thought their helper actually lived with them. I thought they meant McGyver. Now I think they were talking about the defendant.

This is just a guess, so don't shoot. :p If they were murdered on the 4th, I would assume the Trooper was moved somewhere else. The Trooper being "missing" would give credence to the "missing family" story. I DON'T think a family could go missing w/o both of their vehicle's parked in front of their home/garage etc.

But he didn't say he was definitely innocent, but if he had I would definitely think he was lying. Lol

What he clearly did say though is....he KNEW he was definitely the last person to see Joey.

So how would he begin to know he was definitely the last one Joey saw when according to him he saw Joey much earlier in the afternoon when they had their very important meeting ?

Joey could have easily seen other people between that time, and when he was murdered.

For all Merritt knew Joey could have stopped some place on the way back from their meeting, and seen other people.

But Merritt was definite and he said he definitely knew he was the last person to see Joey alive even though he said they parted ways at Chic-Fil-A in the early afternoon.

In fact it sounds like Summer, and their two darling children were already dead since they would have been there with Joey alive at some point before being killed. That is the only way Merritt can be so definite about being the last one to see Joey alive.

Imo, There isn't any other logical conclusion why Merritt was so emphatic about knowing he was the last person Joey ever saw.

I think the jury will pick up on his words immediately when his interview is submitted as evidence.

Just like the police noticed right away he used past tense when talking about Joey and his family very early when they were only considered willingly missing at the time.

The jury is going to closely critique every single word he has ever said from the very beginning until he stopped ...always mindful he is the one accused, and charged with murdering all four.

Imo

Well, when you are being interrogated about a crime, the first instinct is to defend yourself, whether your are innocent or guilty, but especially if you are guilty: you are on the defensive mood, you are on guard, your instinct is to deny any involvement, so you say, I was not there, I know nothing about, etc.. It's hard to imagine at one point you suddenly have a 180 degree reversal of the defensive mood and are actuallying thinking about the crime/murder and give a truthful statement, I was there, or I was definitely the last person to see him alive---why, of course, I killed him!

There can be a number of reason he made that ridiculous statement. Need to know the complete context, and what he and JM talked about. E.g. it could be that JM told him where he's going after the meeting and what he's going to do, which led him to believe JM would not be meeting other people. Again it's hard to say. But to me it's no big deal that he made that statement. So-called Freudian slip hardly applies for reason given above.

The same about using past tense. In fact the defense lawyer had made good explanation: the police interrogating CM was using past tense in asking him about JM, so naturally CM replied in past tense. Also, given that he didn't know what happened to JM, there's no reason he should use present tense to talk about what JM had been like. Without the complete interrogation content, let's say the police asked, "what was JM's daily routine?" Then it would be natural for CM to reply, "He was always up at 7 am, then fed the dogs. He loved those dogs.... " He didn't know where JM was and what he was doing during the disappearance, so he had no reason to say, "He is always up 7 am, then feeds the dogs. He loves the dogs...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee