CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw Cathy's tweet about "we're just going to be gone for a week, you aren't going to miss anything"(paraphrasing), I kind of wanted to fight her.

Right!!!! LOL I felt that way in chat today too... but stopped my fingers! LOL Of course I was dumb enough to sign up in the chat weeks ago... missy1974:confused::confused::confused: Not very sneaky haha Should have stayed as an 'anon' LOL

From chat no long ago...

AddiLawCrime: We are out of McStay courtroom for about a week or two, but maybe back sooner, not sure yet. We had to pull our equipment out to go to the Raja trial, but will be back in McStay. Not much will be missed, very sllow llloonnnng trial

The only good thing about this is... my kitchen is cleaner, my laundry is just about caught up and I may find time to catch up on all my PVR'd shows :D:D:D:D

I can't find anything searching Twitter on anyone tweeting from the courtroom, I did find this from Linda Kenney Baden, it's the last tweet showing with the hash McStay:

Linda Kenney Baden‏ @KenneyBaden 3h3 hours ago
Linda Kenney Baden Retweeted Cathy Russon

Goo 4 defense- that portion of tower received the ping. Historical cell data the weakest BTW for location.Could be a hand off from tower further away depending on lots of factors.The original reason for pings BTW was related to billing tel co to tel co that operated tower.#mcStay

I can't find anything searching Twitter on anyone tweeting from the courtroom, I did find this from Linda Kenney Baden, it's the last tweet showing with the hash McStay:

Goo 4 defense- that portion of tower received the ping. Historical cell data the weakest BTW for location.Could be a hand off from tower further away depending on lots of factors.The original reason for pings BTW was related to billing tel co to tel co that operated tower.#mcStay

Thank you geevee!!!! Here is another tweet too...

Linda Kenney Baden‏ @KenneyBaden

Say what? You have to be kidding me @cathyrusson.

in response to this tweet:

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#McStay - (3/3) The reason for the long break is the defense wasn't given the FBI cell tower data for Feb. 6, 2010. Judge delays cross-examination until that happens.

BTW, I have a very hard time fathoming the defense wasn't given cell tower data for Feb. 6th, considering that is a central piece of evidence against Merritt (and agent Boles testified in the prelim about this).

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4h4 hours ago
#McStay - (3/3) The reason for the long break is the defense wasn't given the FBI cell tower data for Feb. 6, 2010. Judge delays cross-examination until that happens.

I can't believe there is no one tweeting from the court room, not one reporter there? Cathy is obviously getting some updates, from who? It's disappointing to those of us that like to actually look at the evidence. Hate taking anyone's word for it. At least if we had a few different people tweeting, we might be able to get some perspective on what is being said! I'm with you Edmo, super annoyed!

If there’s any reporter in the courtroom, why would they not be tweeting? It’s not as though it costs them money. (In the old days of newspapers actually being printed on paper, it made sense to not have an article on a less-interesting courtroom day. But now? Why not?)

I didn't mean it like that, sorry :( I know everyone here wants to watch, everyone wants justice for the McStay's. I was enjoying ( I don't know if that's the right way to say it lol) going through the evidence... seeing what they have and seeing what they don't have. Now there are going to be certain things that I don't know if we will know what the prosecution is saying happened.... like these cell pings... we may be able to get a better idea when they cross the defense experts, but will never know for sure.
Make no mistake. I like that you enjoy going through the evidence. I like you going through the evidence and explaining it even more than you do!

As if this trial wasn't frustrating enough, eh Missy? Who ever thought we'd become tweet beggars? :rolleyes:

No kidding! LOL I wonder how any local reporters or whoever will be able to "report" on the trial now haha Although, I did check in the last few days, I don't think they are doing much for even local news stories on the case. Are murders and death penalty cases that common there?

If there’s any reporter in the courtroom, why would they not be tweeting? It’s not as though it costs them money. (In the old days of newspapers actually being printed on paper, it made sense to not have an article on a less-interesting courtroom day. But now? Why not?)

I honestly do not understand either @wary ! And maybe we are bias? But I can't believe that no one there cares?

I kind of feel bad for the family, I bet some were also counting on the stream so they wouldn't have to be there daily.

Make no mistake. I like that you enjoy going through the evidence. I like you going through the evidence and explaining it even more than you do!

You just like it that I give your eye's some exercise... all that eye rolling at my posts :rolleyes::D:D:D

Not one update this afternoon... for all we know, they went home hours ago LOL

Don't you think there would at least be a local crime reporter or someone from a local newspaper/media outlet that would cover the case and tweet. I don't really understand, because it's not an average everyday occurrence to have someone on trial for four murders.
Because the media is in control. THEY choose what we should be interested in. I am forever insulted when I pull up a news site telling me the 5 things I need to know. Really? I can decipher quite well what I need or want to know. It's insulting. JMO.

Does anyone know if this tweet is referring to Boles' testimony?

For what it's worth? Sounds like Latin to me.

I honestly do not understand either @wary ! And maybe we are bias? But I can't believe that no one there cares?
I kind of feel bad for the family, I bet some were also counting on the stream so they wouldn't have to be there daily.
Yes. I wonder about the family too. They live far away and need to work , no doubt. And the father is in Texas. It must be awful for them. I am anxious and I don't even know these people.

Does anyone know if this tweet is referring to Boles' testimony?

it is... it was in response to Cathy's tweets from earlier in the day, and it said that Boles was on the stand again. Court was only in session for 1 hour this morning, and they weren't starting until 1:45PT this afternoon, reason given was because the defense wasn't given the FBI cell tower data for Feb 6/2010

*I would have liked to have heard that argument between the lawyers LOL

ETA: for Feb 6th

From what I can see this was not a new issue. He gambled long before Feb 4/10.

It's my opinion, which I am allowed to have, that it just doesn't look like a motive to me and it's not as big of a deal as many are making of it. I can think he is guilty, but still think the prosecution sucks, and I can still think they aren't proving it... it's an opinion :)

I don't understand the point you are making, about him gambling before Feb 4th. Is that helpful to the defense in some way? I don't think it is , at all.

To me, it just means that he was digging himself a bigger and bigger hole. And Joey had been paying him less and less, because Joey had to farm out much of the welding work, and had to pay MSMetal a larger amount.

So the fact that Chase had been gambling for quite awhile, to the tune of thousands of dollars, and was behind on rent and bills, and even began missing work to go gamble, is a strong potential motive, in my opinion. He thought he could begin draining Joeys account and also keep the checks that were coming in, like the ones for the Saudi Deal. JMO

Also, he had screwed up and began creating checks for himself, and was possibly worried about Joey's reaction. Could it send him back to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487