CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how she will testify. Reluctantly? My questions for her would be: How soon did you suspect him and was it prior to the weeks leading up to his arrest? And 2 : If you had suspicions why did you not speak with LE?

I'm not MsF, of course, but I would say, no.

The DT knew about this evidence already.

The judge probably told them he would make his final ruling before it was to come in. Rather commonly done actually.

The judge wouldn't make this ruling if it would be an appellate issue.

This is a highly seasoned judge. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Imo
So it's not a surprise? They knew it was coming? I guess I am projecting.:D. Complete surprise to me.

We will have to wait, and see. It makes sense Smith would be the one to do it, but she could have been aware it was being done.

I wonder if this was after they interviewed her several times after the PH.

It's still HUGE EVIDENCE. lol
Exactly! What does it mean? Did she wear a wire? Or was she unaware of being recorded? How did Ryan Smith pull it off?

I knew it! She is the key to EVERYTHING. NO DOUBT. Bet L&C wishes they hadn't pulled their cameras. What an idiot to think he could get around the recording system.

Yes, why would any innocent man want to coerce anyone????

That is exactly what the jury is going to be thinking when they hear it! Imo

Wow... just getting home from work and catching up!!!!!! THIS may be what the State needs. I am hesitant to assume what was said, and it doesn't sound like they heard the contents of the recordings in this hearing??? Thank god we will have the audio to at least listen to this hearing... I wonder if L&C still thinks that pulling out for a few days was "not a big deal" ... we would have missed all of this if we didn't have at least the audio!!!! I'm also glad that I was able to read the last tweet that Smith put the device lol Reading the posts after reading the tweets... I'm not so sure she has "turned" on him haha

Exactly! What does it mean? Did she wear a wire? Or was she unaware of being recorded? How did Ryan Smith pull it off?

They do it all the time.

All he would have to do is get someone within the police department to dress up like a maintenance man in coveralls pretending to be working in that area of the jail like maybe the air conditioning vents that may capture it all when the device was placed nearby.

That's how I've seen them do it in other cases. These cops are no Keystone cops. Lol! Thank God.

Would they legally have needed to warn her first?

No I dont think so. They would get a warrant from the judge. LE has no obligation to tell anyone they are taping them in a criminal investigation.

Remember all the times Casey Anthony and her parents were being recorded talking with each other in the jail?

There is no right to privacy there unless its attorney and client talking in the jail.

Imo

Would they legally have needed to warn her first?

In a jail, I doubt it? Wouldn't there be warnings everywhere that everything is recorded? They don't have to say how lol

I'm hesitant until we hear them to say that it's big. Once bitten twice shy with this prosecution. I find it more interesting that she is still going to visit him in jail LOL

from that link.. just one portion that says this...

See Cal. Penal Code § 632. The statute applies to "confidential communications" -- i.e., conversations in which one of the parties has an objectively reasonable expectation that no one is listening in or overhearing the conversation

I don't think it's a reasonable expectation in a jail. We all know they record everything. If an inmate is trying to scoot the "known" way, I doubt there are laws preventing them from getting it another way. JMO

They do it all the time.

All he would have to do is get someone within the police department to dress up like a maintenance man in coveralls pretending to be working in that area of the jail like maybe the air conditioning vents that may capture it all when the device was placed nearby.

That's how I've seen them do it in other cases. These cops are no Keystone cops. Lol! Thank God.
(((((THUD)))))

In a jail, I doubt it? Wouldn't there be warnings everywhere that everything is recorded? They don't have to say how lol

I'm hesitant until we hear them to say that it's big. Once bitten twice shy with this prosecution. I find it more interesting that she is still going to visit him in jail LOL
Good point, Missy. Hadn't considered that.

Lol! They even hide these recording devices inside of the cells sometime.

Best thing is to keep their mouths shut but so many like running their mouth for some reason, which is good for justice of course. Not so much for the defendant though.
That would be me. No cigs, no chardonnay, lousy coffee, lousy food. Bored to death. Nothing left but to chat to anyone who will listen. :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj