CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure is awfully quiet in here today. LOL!

Here is what I believe the jury will do with the off the grid phone data evidence.

CE isn't ever weighed individually, but is always weighed in its full totality from beginning to end.

Imo, based on all of the other evidence they will learn about until the end of the state's case, they will then determine what weight should be given to the off the grid phone data concerning the very important timeline of events.

Once they are able to hear all of the states evidence, and the DTs CIC, then start deliberations they will come to the determination if the off the grid phone evidence lines up with other evidence that points to his guilt.

Or they will decide they believe the very timely off the grid phone data evidence is just a coincidence that doesn't help prove his guilt one way or other.

These jurors are sitting there hearing every bit of all testimonies. I have full faith they will know what the off the gird evidence means to them.

So what I may think about CMs cell phone evidence really isnt important, but what they believe most definitely is of vital important.

So I'm going to leave it all up to them to decide, since they are the only ones to decide what all of the CE facts means, and what weight each should be given.

Jmo
Chase Merritt will be acquitted. And the speculation will go on forever.

So someone mentioned a pool camera - do you think there would be the trial from yesterday on Y-tube? Has anyone looked?

No. I think if anyone was there recording it and had the ability to upload it, we would know by now.

I mentioned the pool camera... but it is in regards to the Raja trial. The local tv stations and L&C video is all the same. The fact that it's such good quality... kinda leads me to believe it's not L&C's haha From what I understand, they were also streaming another trial and I think the judge booted the cams out.

Best I can tell, they don't have their cams anywhere. JMO though, cuz I don't really know. I am still annoyed that they aren't covering this week... partially cuz I didn't have to work yesterday and today LOL

Convicted or acquitted, I think it will not be the end of speculation in this case. JMO

Probably so, but not by me.

Once the verdict has been rendered, I will move onto other cases just like I always do.

Now if he is convicted, I will continue to follow it until the sentencing phase is completed, and the recommended sentence has been rendered by his jury.

If that does happen, then I will be outta of this forum shortly after everything is over with.

Imo

Probably so, but not by me.

Once the verdict has been rendered, I will move onto other cases just like I always do.

Now if he is convicted, I will continue to follow it until the sentencing phase is completed, and the recommended sentence has been rendered by his jury.

If that does happen, then I will be outta of this forum shortly after everything is over with.

Imo

I can see years of appeals if he is convicted. If that is the case, I expect to be an old lady still looking at updates on this case LOL

I can see years of appeals if he is convicted. If that is the case, I expect to be an old lady still looking at updates on this case LOL

Oh that is a given. Any capital murder case is automatically appealed, no matter who the defendant is or the state.

However in CA they are notoriously known for their extremely long appeals process.

The appeal process in states like Florida and Texas are done in a much shorter length of time. But their trials are much shorter than CA, and so is just about other state too.

Imo, CA stands alone in the length of time they take for trials to be completed compared to others, and the extremely long appeal process it takes in CA.

The good thing is no matter how many times they try to appeal their case, they are still locked up in a cell the entire time. Lol

Jmo

I would like to see someone who is following this trial more than me make a list of the circumstantial evidence presented so far. ie vehicle leaving on the 4th, back dated checks, pings, etc.

Then I would ask someone who believes CM is not guilty what do you do with the circumstantial evidence presented so far in this trial? Do you just poo poo it, say State is lying, what the heck do you do with it?

I’ve always wondered about that.

Thanks in advance

I would like to see someone who is following this trial more than me make a list of the circumstantial evidence presented so far. ie vehicle leaving on the 4th, back dated checks, pings, etc.

Then I would ask someone who believes CM is not guilty what do you do with the circumstantial evidence presented so far in this trial? Do you just poo poo it, say State is lying, what the heck do you do with it?

I’ve always wondered about that.

Thanks in advance

I don’t believe he is innocent but I don’t think the prosecution are doing a good enough job.

The biggest evidence to me is the back dating of the cheques.

Other stuff can explained away like the touch DNA as even the prosecution claim they had lunch that day so it’s not a stretch that Joey had Chases DNA on his hands after lunch. Mobile phone tower pings testimony again it’s not conclusive evidence.

RE: Trial coverage vs Raja case. The Judge in the Raja case is a no-nonsense judge that has his courtroom in order. Night and day difference, IMO.

Last edited:
My question is Chase wants to testify without an attorney. Would someone who was guilty do this!?

I'm not sure I understand your question fully.

But if you are asking have other defendants testified in their own behalf before, and were found Guilty, then the answer is yes, it's happened many times before.

What do you mean without an attorney? With or without an attorney its always up to any defendant if they choose to testify in their own trial.

They still have the same right even if they are pro se and are representing themselves. So yes that too has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab