CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our "in house" attorneys may be stopping by to help out with our bankruptcy questions. She enjoyed and did well in her bankruptcy course. :)

I'm going to post some of the documents and our basic questions. Feel free to join in.

1) Can the liquidation include his retirement money if it is his own rather than a pension from an employer (which seems to be untouchable as posted upthread)?

2) The government said he was "manipulative" to file Chapter 11 and forced him into Chapter 7. Why?

3)He has to sign documents and cooperate with the liquidator. Would disappearing slow down the liquidation so his wife could stay in the family home?

The most recent articles:

http://alamedasun.com/news/alameda-man-disappears
http://alamedasun.com/news/john-beck-still-missing-his-case-unfolds

Liquidator appointed:
http://www.robbevans.com/assets/case-files/johnbeckstipulation01.pdf

I can't get the file from 8-19-15 to come over here. It deals with Beck and his wife having to cooperate with the liquidator. Here is the heading at the top.
[COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 100.000000%)]Case 2:09-cv-04719-MWF-CW Document 841 Filed 08/19/15 Page 1 of 17 Page ID #:30617 [/COLOR]
BBM

I found the 8-19-15 file.
http://www.robbevans.com/assets/case-files/johnbeckorder01.pdf

I just can't believe this. He reminds me so much of my grandfather (even though JB is younger than my dad, buuuuut I don't want to talk about him.) I just don't understand how he could do that and leave his family holding the bag. Id rather believe he died of a medical emergency or even suicide. While that's still leaving them with all this, when you are suicidal you are in a very dark, lonely place and it's not easy to get out of. He's in the high risk range for suicide (age, stress, being a male, war vet, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM

I always appreciate your comments. As usual, you've made such a good point. Either way is a lose-lose for his family. I wonder which option they would pick. Impossible choice. :(

EsenUOTE=Lilibet;12403958]BBM

I always appreciate your comments. As usual, you've made such a good point. Either way is a lose-lose for his family. I wonder which option they would pick. Impossible choice. :([/QUOTE]

As always, I agree with your statements. You have a unique voice that demonstrates a genuine concern free of judgement. I find it refreshing. Likewise, you present evidence from an objective perspective that keeps things grounded in reality. I aspire to approach these cases more like you.

BBM

I always appreciate your comments. As usual, you've made such a good point. Either way is a lose-lose for his family. I wonder which option they would pick. Impossible choice. :(

Skibaboo and I have a friend who was missing for 6 months. He was found deceased and one of his contacts said he wished he were still missing. Curious thing to say but I realized it was true. When he was missing there were all kinds of possibilities and questions and hope. Once found that was gone.

Skibaboo and I have a friend who was missing for 6 months. He was found deceased and one of his contacts said he wished he were still missing. Curious thing to say but I realized it was true. When he was missing there were all kinds of possibilities and questions and hope. Once found that was gone.

:grouphug:

I Google John's name nearly every day hoping for news.
As far as FB,...I don't keep up there. Have there been any updates?

As always, I agree with your statements. You have a unique voice that demonstrates a genuine concern free of judgement. I find it refreshing. Likewise, you present evidence from an objective perspective that keeps things grounded in reality. I aspire to approach these cases more like you.

Thank you for your very kind comment, Perismmon. I'm touched and :blushing:. I will admit, though, that there are times it's a tough balance to maintain and I don't always succeed. I've had a few posts mod-deleted in my time. Live and learn. :)
:shame:

I Google John's name nearly every day hoping for news.
As far as FB,...I don't keep up there. Have there been any updates?

The last update was March 2 with a photo of John, his wife and a grandbaby. There was a message from Joyce thanking everyone for their help. Nothing since, except the new blog site link.

I google too and I'm glad to know others do. :)

BBM

Hugs to you both! I didn't follow that thread, but I remember when he was found. :( I think you're so right about the finality of knowing vs "hope springs eternal." And then there is "knowing" even though a loved one's remains haven't been found. Pure torture. I hope it doesn't come to that for John's family.

I don't see anything new on the FB page or on MSM. Yesterday was the rescheduled meeting John missed 2/9. Today he has been gone for a month. :( Prayers for John and his family.

Ok back to square 1. Question. When did they realize he was missing? When he misses the meeting or didn't come home that night?

Ok back to square 1. Question. When did they realize he was missing? When he misses the meeting or didn't come home that night?

That's a really good question! It could be within an hour or six to eight hours later. I went back to the early part of our thread as well as the FB page and articles and I don't see an answer. It just says he was dropped off at the place he was having a meeting (1300 block of Clay St) and never showed up.

One would think his attorney would call his cell and also his wife to find out if he was just late or had forgotten. We don't know if his wife was planning to pick him up or if he was taking a bus home. If the latter and she wasn't reachable for some reason, it could have been late in the day before they realized he was missing.

Since he planned his transportation route to SF, I expect he told his wife not to bother picking him up since he didn't know how long the meeting would be. Could he have called his attorney and told him he'd be late to buy extra time before anyone got alarmed? They obviously needed John at that meeting since it was rescheduled for 3/8.

I may have missed some early info, so if anyone has anything to add or change, jump in.

Some questions I have on this subject.

1.Did his wife never attend the court proceedings?

2. Is this the first one she has ever missed?

3. Was this their routine for these proceedings?

This part of the disappearance has not been discussed much!

Good questions. Thanks for listing them. I've wondered the same things. I don't think my husband could persuade me NOT to attend every court date with him, but everyone is different.

What I do think is interesting is that his wife was involved in the business according to this link perportedly written by John. There is interesting reading of posts by John here in other links (1-4, 6, 9). There is no date, but I think this may be before the infomercials when he was selling his system on his own, but I'm not sure. As an aside, it seems ironic that he uses the words "scam" and "ripoff" in some of these links in a unique way.

http://realestatedeals.jimdo.com/getting_started.php

According to this lengthy, but possibly incomplete, list of court documents for the original case, only his daughter Laura made a statement. Scroll down to 461.0. John's deposition is 554.0. These are sealed but if you click on the blue arrow you can see a summary. I wondered if his wife couldn't be forced to give a deposition despite her involvement in the business.

http://archive.recapthelaw.org/cacd/448037/

JoyM if you are still reading here, hope things are going okay with your job situation.

Still here in support of JB family and friends.

:candle:

That is a very good question. Did she usually accompany him and this time he talked her out of going?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to why John's wife dropped him off. Did John not drive?

I'm curious as to why John's wife dropped him off. Did John not drive?

I'm sure Joy answered "Yes he drives" to this IIRC. Trust me, 73 isn't all that old, not that you were implying that, but many think it is. ;) I think he must have asked her to drop him off so his car wouldn't be found somewhere. JMO

I'm sure Joy answered "Yes he drives" to this IIRC. Trust me, 73 isn't all that old, not that you were implying that, but many think it is. ;) I think he must have asked her to drop him off so his car wouldn't be found somewhere. JMO

Not old at all. ;).
That's a good point about having his wife drop him off so his car wouldn't sit somewhere. I wonder if she had done that before? If not that would seem to be strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95