Found Deceased CA - John Wooner, 57, city manager, Bakersfield, 14 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Bakersfield.com

"Few details have been released regarding the disappearance of the former city manager, but law enforcement has said they believe it occurred under “suspicious circumstances.”

Wasn’t that from before they found him?

Wasn’t that from before they found him?
It was reported that way in the initial days of his disappearance. He was reported as a man of habit etc. and when he didn't come home that evening after telling his wife he was on his way caused immediate concern. Also, his position of city manager added additional concern.

It was reported that way in the initial days of his disappearance. He was reported as a man of habit etc. and when he didn't come home that evening after telling his wife he was on his way caused immediate concern. Also, his position of city manager added additional concern.

Thanks! I wanted to clarify, if true, that the talk of ‘suspicious circumstances’ dated back to when he disappeared, rather than something that had been said since they found his body.

I guess technically he hasn’t been identified yet, but we all know.

From Bakersfield.com

"Few details have been released regarding the disappearance of the former city manager, but law enforcement has said they believe it occurred under “suspicious circumstances.”

The link that this quote was taken from:

BPD: Missing McFarland city manager's vehicle found submerged in Kern River

The article was written on July 29, 2019. The writer of the article did not make it clear when the quoted LE statement was made. In fact, the way it was written, the reader could easily assume that it was a current statement, rather than a statement made prior to the discovery of the vehicle. IMO, I think that statement was from before the discovery of the vehicle.

The article also state that the California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident, but the Bakersfield Police Department is investigating the disappearance.

It's a short drive from Bakersfield into the foothills and mountains as well. Plenty of places a vehicle could go over and not been seen for a while as well
I didn't even think about him ended up in the Kern when I posted this. Probably should have looked at the map better. Glad the family finally got closure but sucks it ended up with him dead.

I wonder if tire tracks at the scene caused LE to determine if it was actually an unsafe turn?

The article was written on July 29, 2019. The writer of the article did not make it clear when the quoted LE statement was made. In fact, the way it was written, the reader could easily assume that it was a current statement, rather than a statement made prior to the discovery of the vehicle. IMO, I think that statement was from before the discovery of the vehicle.

The article also state that the California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident, but the Bakersfield Police Department is investigating the disappearance.

RBBM

This^^^^

That's not totally true — the California Highway Patrol is investigating the CRASH, BPD is investigating the disappearance.

It was determined that he had been involved in a “collision”. In a previous article it was stated that he made a dangerous turn. That all leads me to wonder, did he make a dangerous u-turn and hit a rock or boulder then lost control and went into the river? Or could the collision have been a rear end and pushed into the river?

BPD: Wooner's death related to a "collision"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back