Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RS & BBM

I'm still confused about that one too. IMO it was the one question that Doug and Nick did not ask in the video (perhaps they did ask it but it was edited out): why was she staying up all night?

Doug and Nick had a lot of good questions, but not that one.

Jolissa told her brother she was going to the store and would be right back - were there no snacks in the house?
No rolling papers it seems

I think she's off into the woods or ditch or some type of water seems like she more than likely crashed her car just don't see foul play in this case. Probably won't find her and the car for a while maybe a hiker or dog walkers will find her seems to always be those people who end up stumbling upon crashed cars and bodies

I think she's in Avocado lake (either by choice or accident) or on land somewhere out of sight. If I had to bet, i'd put my money on the lake.

Yes it was searched, but AWP has stated on many occasions that "fresh" cars can be hard to spot on sonar. On their video conserning Jolissa Doug said the lake had a lot of vegetation underneath, which made the visibility (on sonar) even more difficult. I dont know how much time the car needs to become more visible (silt sticking to it?) but I'd made another search after enough time has passed, just to be sure. It wouldnt be the first time they missed a vehicle and found it another time on the spot already searched by them.

This case upsets me so much. It’s not getting much media coverage. LE has been silent, and I’m not being critical because I’ve been through enough cases now to know there can be reasons. I hope that there is much going on behind the scenes that we don’t know, I fear there isn’t. Not because LE isn’t trying but just because I’m not sure they have too much to work with. I hope I’m just being a pessimistic Patty. The family os the kindest, sweetest bunch and I’m heartbroken for them. I hope this case will pick up traction in the Websleuths community because we have so many brains around here that can offer a lot of insight. The family is heavily involved in a FB group but I need to look back and see if it’s been approved by admin or mod, it has info from the family and details on what has been searched etc but they don’t allow discussion as in speculation…it hurts them and they want to remain positive. I have this strong feeling that Avocado Lake needs to be searched again but am going to ask AWP on how long they suggest waiting. I’m at a loss. Someone smarter than me think of things that haven’t been done:)

This case upsets me so much. It’s not getting much media coverage. LE has been silent, and I’m not being critical because I’ve been through enough cases now to know there can be reasons. I hope that there is much going on behind the scenes that we don’t know, I fear there isn’t. Not because LE isn’t trying but just because I’m not sure they have too much to work with. I hope I’m just being a pessimistic Patty. The family os the kindest, sweetest bunch and I’m heartbroken for them. I hope this case will pick up traction in the Websleuths community because we have so many brains around here that can offer a lot of insight. The family is heavily involved in a FB group but I need to look back and see if it’s been approved by admin or mod, it has info from the family and details on what has been searched etc but they don’t allow discussion as in speculation…it hurts them and they want to remain positive. I have this strong feeling that Avocado Lake needs to be searched again but am going to ask AWP on how long they suggest waiting. I’m at a loss. Someone smarter than me think of things that haven’t been done:)
I looked and the Find Jolissa Fuentes page on FB was approved here.

Also the reward has been raised to $15,000, if a mod sees this.

I think she's in Avocado lake (either by choice or accident) or on land somewhere out of sight. If I had to bet, i'd put my money on the lake.

Yes it was searched, but AWP has stated on many occasions that "fresh" cars can be hard to spot on sonar. On their video conserning Jolissa Doug said the lake had a lot of vegetation underneath, which made the visibility (on sonar) even more difficult. I dont know how much time the car needs to become more visible (silt sticking to it?) but I'd made another search after enough time has passed, just to be sure. It wouldnt be the first time they missed a vehicle and found it another time on the spot already searched by them.
I agree. I just posted about that. I’m going to ask AWP how long they would wait. I get frustrated about Avocado Lake because I find cell phone data so frustrating. So many variables like false pings etc. Someone who can accurately interpret the data is just priceless honestly. I think we will see that field really expand and it’s much needed given we are all glued to our phones. So yes I agree, it needs to be searched again. I get overwhelmed when I look at how many bodies of water exist in just that area…no wonder we never find some people honestly.

I'm not sure why you think she is in Avocado lake. My understanding is that LE told the family they have a second CCTV footage of her coming back into town. So another one then the footage at the convenience store. LE didn't release the location or the time yet. They must have their reasons, but that messes up the time line and a clear understanding of the events/her whereabouts.

My perception is that the family wasn't aware of the (second) footage at first, that's why they started searching near Avocado lake. AWP searched Avocado lake (and another lake) and didn't find her nor the car. Also the family and volunteers went out there and searched. Then came the news that LE has the coming-back-into-town footage.

IMO this initial searches were based on the last phone ping near Avocado lake. Also the phone pinging at Avocado lake was discussed and it turns out this could have been inaccurate for technical reasons. There is at least on other case where a missing person was nowhere near Avocado lake but in a total different part of CA and her phone pinged on Avocado lake.

I hope this makes sense.

I'm not sure why you think she is in Avocado lake. My understanding is that LE told the family they have a second CCTV footage of her coming back into town. So another one then the footage at the convenience store. LE didn't release the location or the time yet. They must have their reasons, but that messes up the time line and a clear understanding of the events/her whereabouts.

My perception is that the family wasn't aware of the (second) footage at first, that's why they started searching near Avocado lake. AWP searched Avocado lake (and another lake) and didn't find her nor the car. Also the family and volunteers went out there and searched. Then came the news that LE has the coming-back-into-town footage.

IMO this initial searches were based on the last phone ping near Avocado lake. Also the phone pinging at Avocado lake was discussed and it turns out this could have been inaccurate for technical reasons. There is at least on other case where a missing person was nowhere near Avocado lake but in a total different part of CA and her phone pinged on Avocado lake.

I hope this makes sense.
Perhaps I have misunderstood something, English is not my native language.

I dont have time to go through everything right now, but I thought she was first seen at gas station footage, then leaving towards the country side (orchards or whatever) after that, then captured at the cctv coming back toward town and AFTER that the ping at the Avocado Lake.

Cant remember where I got that impression from since I guess it was never mentioned when and where the later cctv footage was taken. I just have this idea that she was NOT going towards Avocado Lake after leaving gas station?

Would be easier if there was a map to look at.

Jolissa and her car needn't be together anymore.

Maybe Jolissa is indeed in Avocado lake, but without the car. AWP specializes in underwater searches for people in cars. In fact, they started out with locating cars and other items underwater for fun and for environmental reasons. When they found a car with human remains in it, they changed the focus of the group and took it from there.
The way they search with live scope and magnets for instance, well you cannot use a magnet on human remains, only on metal like parts of a car.

IMO if Jolissa is in Avocado Lake, she is without her car, because the car returned apparently to town according to LE. It is not clear to me if it was indeed Jolissa in the car.

Maybe Jolissa is indeed in Avocado lake, but without the car. AWP specializes in underwater searches for people in cars. In fact, they started out with locating cars and other items underwater for fun and for environmental reasons. When they found a car with human remains in it, they changed the focus of the group and took it from there.
The way they search with live scope and magnets for instance, well you cannot use a magnet on human remains, only on metal like parts of a car.

IMO if Jolissa is in Avocado Lake, she is without her car, because the car returned apparently to town according to LE. It is not clear to me if it was indeed Jolissa in the car.
I am aware of their history, but they are still people, they make mistakes. When Doug said on the video it was bad visibility due vegetation, and the fact they have stated multiple times that fresh cars are harder to spot on sonar, IMO theres a chance they might have missed it. I think it was the case of Ralph Brown where they searched the same place two or three times before finding him. They are good, but sometimes you just need to hit the right spot on right angle.

From article of Fox News I got the impression it was indeed Jolissa with her car. It is not stated wether it was before or after the ping at Avocado Lake, but since the police had made their search there I thought it must have been before, JMO.

"Police Chief Rudy Alcaraz told Fox News Digital on Friday that they have footage of Fuentes driving by herself after that time."

Perhaps I have misunderstood something, English is not my native language.

I dont have time to go through everything right now, but I thought she was first seen at gas station footage, then leaving towards the country side (orchards or whatever) after that, then captured at the cctv coming back toward town and AFTER that the ping at the Avocado Lake.

Cant remember where I got that impression from since I guess it was never mentioned when and where the later cctv footage was taken. I just have this idea that she was NOT going towards Avocado Lake after leaving gas station?

Would be easier if there was a map to look at.
No that is not correct. Family didn’t know of ping until later. I will pull all the documentation and write out the timeline in a bit.

I hope this makes sense.
My understanding is that the second footage was before the ping at Avocado Lake. I thought LE had said her phone pinged in Sanger and the last ping was Avocado Lake.

I don't think Jolissa or her car returned to town after Avocado Lake. According to LE her phone pinged in Sanger and then Avocado Lake. Any footage of Jolissa after ampm I think was before the lake area.

You can find so many articles stating with all the usual information "last seen at am/pm, ping in Sanger & then Ping near Avocado lake" but besides that one verbal announcement from LE stating she was seen coming back into town, no one is mentioning it except her family. Could LE have been mistaking and just have not retracked the statement? They have a PI now, who I am hoping is able to help them more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back