Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She looks very young for her age in many of the images.

I don't like the pattern of hanging out alone in orchards, etc. Was this typically at that hour too? Seems like the time of day when few people would be around to notice if you needed help. Not a great time to be out alone getting snacks or hanging out.
:(

Now, police are searching in the areas of Pine Flat Lake and Avocado Lake, Alcaraz said.

I missed this part earlier. This must be why Adventures With Purpose is heading this way after they search for Kiely.

LE must have some reason to search those two lakes. Family hasn't mentioned either of those two areas.

Pine Flat - 37 Miles selma to pine flat lake - Google Search
Avocado Lake - 25 Miles selma to avacado lake - Google Search

The two lakes are 13 miles apart - that's a ping radius?
Pine Flat Lake to Avocado Lake

Last edited:
I buy 2 cigars every other day to fill with weed but don't think I've ever smoked an actual cigar. If i was going to, I wouldn't smoke the 2 for $.99 ones I get at the gas station. As an above poster said, she might have rolled something up and went towards one of the orchards to smoke. It was said in above article (I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong) that her and her friend used to go there before her friend passed away. It could have been as simple as her and her friend used to go hang out at the orchard to smoke and she still goes and does it to feel closer to her friend. Weed is so prevalent and decriminalized in a lot of places, I'm pretty confident to say it probably didn't result in any foul play. If I had a nickel for every time marijuana is mentioned and people start in with the "she could have been killed over a drug debt" theories. JMO

I buy 2 cigars every other day to fill with weed but don't think I've ever smoked an actual cigar. If i was going to, I wouldn't smoke the 2 for $.99 ones I get at the gas station. As an above poster said, she might have rolled something up and went towards one of the orchards to smoke. It was said in above article (I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong) that her and her friend used to go there before her friend passed away. It could have been as simple as her and her friend used to go hang out at the orchard to smoke and she still goes and does it to feel closer to her friend. Weed is so prevalent and decriminalized in a lot of places, I'm pretty confident to say it probably didn't result in any foul play. If I had a nickel for every time marijuana is mentioned and people start in with the "she could have been killed over a drug debt" theories. JMO

If someone harmed her, it makes more sense to me it was a crime of opportunity. i.e. they noticed her pattern of being out alone in the middle of the night, or maybe they just saw her out that night. She does seem a bit agitated or distracted getting into her vehicle.

Oh dear, anther young woman is missing.
Hoping for good news soon, but is is worrisome, as usual.
A bit about Selma, CA --
Selma is a city in Fresno County, California. The population was 23,319 at the 2010 census, up from 19,240 at the 2000 census. Selma is located 16 miles southeast of Fresno, at an elevation of 308 feet. Wikipedia
---------------------------
Just saw this, and just now finding this thread.
-------------------------------

Where Is Jolissa? Calif. Woman, 22, Vanished 12 Days Ago — and Parents Think She Was Abducted​

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information concerning Jolissa Fuentes' whereabouts
By
Chris Harris
Published on August 19, 2022 12:49 PM

Police in California want to know what happened to Jolissa Fuentes, who vanished almost two weeks ago from a gas station in Selma.
The 22-year-old woman was last seen at about 4 a.m. on Aug. 7.
Police have recovered surveillance footage from the AM/PM Gas Station that shows Jolissa walking into the business and buying something at the front counter.
[...]
"We think someone took her against her will," Joey Fuentes told Fox News.
Relatives have been searching for her daily, scouring nearby orchards, vineyards and farms for any sign of her.
Jolissa is seen in the footage walking out of the store, returning to her car, then driving off.

Source:
Why are they thinking someone abducted her? My first thought would not have been that scenario unless there was something in the video.

Getting cash and a bag from her grandmother at 3am? What was so important that she had to wake her grandmother to ask for money in the middle of the night?

What kind of bag? An overnight bag? A trash bag?

The phone calls to her sister are concerning. Was this a normal thing? Or something that happened when she was upset or feeling down? It’s sad her sister didn’t hear her phone either time.

Been following this case a bit since I used to have to travel in that area. It's all ag if you go west from Selma as she did - walnuts, almonds, grapes, poultry, dairy, and the facilities to pack it and ship it. But this article says something about Avocado Lake. I'm not familiar with it but it looks to be northeast of Selma, so (assuming I looked up the right lake) she would have had to turn around at some point...

Been following this case a bit since I used to have to travel in that area. It's all ag if you go west from Selma as she did - walnuts, almonds, grapes, poultry, dairy, and the facilities to pack it and ship it. But this article says something about Avocado Lake. I'm not familiar with it but it looks to be northeast of Selma, so (assuming I looked up the right lake) she would have had to turn around at some point...
Good information! Thank you! Wonder what she would be doing in the Avocado Lake area. That’s not too close to the gas station where she was last seen.

I'm assuming they know where these orchards are located and that they searched for her there? Is there a lot of water around there? Does her route to the orchards take her by Pine Flat or Avocado Lake?
“Does her route to the orchards take her by Pine Flat or Avocado Lake?”

No not at all. It’s 35-40 min away from where she was last seen.

No not at all. It’s 35-40 min away from where she was last seen.
So why would they search an area that wasnt on her route to the orchards which is where she said she was headed? Obviously she could have gone anywhere but something is making them search those areas. I hope they find this young lady. I hate that this happens so often.

why does the family think she's been abducted?
I don't know specifically in this case, but it is not uncommon for families to hope for scenarios that could mean their missing loved one is still alive.
Also possible they have more information that hasn't been made public, but I think it is more likely looking for a scenario where she may still be alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back