Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her poor father's speech was heartbreaking. I don't know where he found the strength to get through the whole thing without breaking down. You can see he is absolutely shattered.

I guess it's a relief that it was an accident, and such a terrible one that she was likely dead before it was even over. But I wish this could've been a miracle case.

Some will probably wonder why there isn't a guardrail along Trimmer Springs Road. Probably the best answer is, it's not a state highway or a County Road (CR), so Caltrans, i.e. state government money, is not responsible for maintaining it. Fresno County is the responsible authority, in the form of their Road Maintenance and Operations Division of the county Department of Public Works and Planning.
Road Maintenance and Operations Division | County of Fresno
The county is pretty big, with a big namesake city, so it probably can't afford to install and maintain guardrails, even on roads like this.
The latest street view is from Bing in 2015, which shows no guardrail. Can't see one from more recent 3D satellite views (Google Earth Pro is from 2015). However, this 8-minute YouTube video from 2021 of a motorcycle ride along the road, starting from near the accident area, shows that it's probably still the same.
<modsnip: not an approved source>
IMO it doesn't matter whether Jolissa may have gone down the road to Trimmer Campground (which, however, may have been gated at night) or stayed on the main road--it all looks dangerous even in the daytime.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Some will probably wonder why there isn't a guardrail along Trimmer Springs Road. Probably the best answer is, it's not a state highway or a County Road (CR), so Caltrans, i.e. state government money, is not responsible for maintaining it. Fresno County is the responsible authority, in the form of their Road Maintenance and Operations Division of the county Department of Public Works and Planning.
Road Maintenance and Operations Division | County of Fresno
The county is pretty big, with a big namesake city, so it probably can't afford to install and maintain guardrails, even on roads like this.
The latest street view is from Bing in 2015, which shows no guardrail. Can't see one from more recent 3D satellite views (Google Earth Pro is from 2015). However, this 8-minute YouTube video from 2021 of a motorcycle ride along the road, starting from near the accident area, shows that it's probably still the same.
<not an approved source>
IMO it doesn't matter whether Jolissa may have gone down the road to Trimmer Campground (which, however, may have been gated at night) or stayed on the main road--it all looks dangerous even in the daytime.
MOO
There are pictures of where she went off the road and the recovery of her car as well on the Fresno County Sheriff’s Facebook page. Not sure if we are allowed to share a link to it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like she wasn’t inside the vehicle when it was found. (ETA: there are also some blurred out portions of a few photos at this link) I hope she didn’t suffer.

Drones were flown and deputies rappelled down more than 400 feet off the roadway and discovered a damaged car. The vehicle belonged to Jolissa Fuentes. Human remains and some of Jolissa's personal belongings were discovered in this ravine.

Video of the area
Wow, steep drop and her car was tucked under the trees. No wonder it took so long to find it.

There shall be no more wondering for the many friends and family. May they walk in Peace with knowledge that Jolissa did not suffer at the cruel hands of evil but rather their beautiful daughter was involved in a tragic car accident.

Perhaps to be considered, would be a suitable memorial with a pale blinking light installed so it may help prevent another accident from happening at the sharp curve. RIP Jolissa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back