Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ll actually be there later this evening to meet a friend for tea at my favorite Korean Tea House. I’ll drive by the spot his car was found on my way there.

I think his friends will say anything nessesary to protect his reputation. I wholly understand that. That said, it was misleading to say he was “found” at Good Samaritan Hospital and imply he’d been there this entire time. LE has stated he was only picked up last night. That tells me so much. MOO.

It looks like a fabulous neighborhood. He was found a block from California Market, which based on my Google Street View tour and photos, looks awesome.

I agree that his friends and especially his mother seem overly(?) concerned about his reputation...

It looks like a fabulous neighborhood. He was found a block from California Market, which based on my Google Street View tour and photos, looks awesome.

I agree that his friends and especially his mother seem overly(?) concerned about his reputation...

I shop at the big markets in Koreatown. They’re amazing! My favorite beauty shops are there and the Korean Spas are the most wonderful treat for a day of self-care. I love Asian neighborhoods. You can immerse yourself in them and you feel like you’re in a foreign land. We have so much rich and diverse culture here in Los Angeles. I never tire of exploring a new neighborhood.

<modsnip>They carry a brand of hemp shoes at out Whole Foods store. I tried a pair on, comfort was not included in the design! IMO
MAYBE after some wear, they feel better?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who finds this excerpt very telling?

Source: LA Times

Her son is missing and she goes out of her way to justify(?) his job (which she clearly looks down on) and present his goal/dream as his career (when clearly it's not). That's just strange.

Also, has she ever given a reason as to why she did not go to Los Angeles to assist in the search for her missing son?

I didn’t take it that way at all. More that he had something he was working on and passionate about and that he wouldn’t just walk away and disappear from. &#129335;&#127995;*&#9792;&#65039;

Sure seems like folks are turning on him just because he wasn't found dead. Who cares about the shoe materials just because they're not your definition of normal? It's been established these materials are known to be used in vegan shoes. I'm not vegan, but so what? He's pursing a gentle alternative. So what?

If as facts come out we learn that this was a hoax to promote the shoes, then everyone involved is fair game for criticism. If as facts come out we learn he was committing a crime, then he's fair game for criticism. Until then, can we just be happy for him being alive? And happy for his mom that we don't have yet another mom mourning a dead child?

Where is the empathy for the two of them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure seems like folks are turning on him just because he wasn't found dead. Who cares about the shoe materials just because they're not your definition of normal? It's been established these materials are known to be used in vegan shoes. I'm not vegan, but so what? He's pursing a gentle alternative. So what?

If as facts come out we learn that this was a hoax to promote the shoes, then everyone involved is fair game for criticism. If as facts come out we learn he was committing a crime, then he's fair game for criticism. Until then, can we just be happy for him being alive? And happy for his mom that we don't have yet another mom mourning a dead child?

Whoa, whoa. We were just having fun. It is possible to BOTH laugh at pineapple shoes AND be happy he is alive and safe at the same time. I haven't seen one person accuse him of committing a crime. We are here because we were concerned for him, so I am confident we are all happy he is safe, even if we think pineapple shoes are dumb.

Uhm I remember everyone here express their gratefulness for him being found alive and his mom getting her son back.

It was lighthearted conversation, which wasn't rude in any way.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

This is just a form of relief and silly celebration. We don’t see enough happy outcomes so I think we are all a bit delirious. And come on, pineapple shoes are funny! :happydance:

I didn’t take it that way at all. More that he had something he was working on and passionate about and that he wouldn’t just walk away and disappear from. &#129335;&#127995;*&#9792;&#65039;
That makes sense. Thanks for that reply. :)

Had the mother said why she didn't go to LA to search for her son?

I didn't "turn on him" - I was remarking on the odd nature of his shoe line in development.

To accentuate how awful the current reporting on the details/timeline of events is, I give you this FOX 11 news report [frankly, FOX 11 is by no means the only news outlet guessing details, but the only one I found that does it in the same news report].

While the article says:
"Joshua Thiede was found late Monday at Good Samaritan Hospital, Thiede's friends told FOX 11.]"

The video news report (which is based on what LAPD told the reporter) says:
"He was found by police last night and taken here to the Good Samaritan Hospital."

I tend to believe the LAPD version over the friends version but I could be wrong.

Exactly! What is true? He was found in a medical condition bad enough for the police to take him to the hospital (as per previous articles, not Fox) or his friends went looking and found him in a hospital and that he’d been there a couple days ? And if the LAPD version is true (which I believe), why are the friends lying?
And they keep mentioning his social media being deleted but a previous poster found his Facebook still active ?
I still feel this is foul play but that’s just me. IMO

Good point! Why did she not immediately get on a plane to look for her son?

Sounds to me like a bloodhound found him!
IMO
"When the alarm was blaring, I looked out. I saw about seven or eight police officers, somewhere in that number, doing an investigation, with a bloodhound in the car. The bloodhound went in. The bloodhound went out. And then the bloodhound walked around a bit," said witness Ross Stracke."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing-uber-lyft-driver-joshua-thiede-found-alive-friends-say/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good point! Why did she not immediately get on a plane to look for her son?

It could have been a myriad of things. Maybe she was paralyzed with fear or denial, maybe she takes care of someone and had to make accommodations. Maybe she had dialysis treatment, and so on and so on.
Could be many different legit reasons <modsnip>

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7.com/amp/missing-mans-disappearance-not-criminal-lapd-says/3113933/

Tuesday morning, Los Angeles police said officers received a radio call around 8 p.m. Monday to respond to the 500 block of South Serrano Avenue after a civilian reported seeing a man believed to be Thiede. This was less than a mile from where his car was found just hours earlier.

When officers arrived at the location, they found a man who "needed medical attention," LAPD said, though details surrounding the type of attention needed were not released.

Police transported the man to a local hospital, where he was identified as Thiede. Authorities then notified Thiede's family that he had been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back