GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did I misread a post earlier that her sister logged on and said "ask away"? I haven't seen one answer from her. Was that a fake post? That's so wrong either way if it is fake or if there is no response.

A close family friend created an account and answered one of my questions that same night. I think we should cut her sister some slack. SDPD aren't telling them anything. Also some of the posts here could be upsetting to family. No offense to us here, just I could understand if she changed her mind.

It is likely a coincidence but in another case on WS for Mary (Helms) Bartholomew

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Y-Mary-Helms-25-Cortland-26-August-2017/page3

She was known to be in the company of an individual named Jon Turner.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/centr..._traveling_with_elmira_man_she_met_onlin.html

Her car was found abandoned in Big Bear with a note saying "out of gas" and according to witnesses the car had been sitting there for 12 days putting the date the car was abandoned back to September 2nd (or 3rd depending on how you count it). They seemed to have been travelling on limited funds across the country.

Jon Turner has had LE encounters (including SWAT) with this incident also recovering homemade weapons.

http://www.stargazette.com/story/ne...lose-street-during-domestic-dispute/83877650/

If Julia actually made it to Big Bear, is it possible she encountered these two?

Like I said, this is likely just a coincidence but I thought I should mention it.

Can you please point me to where you saw that witnesses saw the car sitting for 12 days?

Now we also know the following about Mary and Jon:

-Missing from New York Aug 25.
-Police released a photo of Mary and Jon leaving a Los Angeles Walmart on Aug 30.
-The car Mary and Jon were in was found abandoned in Big Bear, CA on Sept 11 with a note "out of gas"
-they are said to be travelling with limited funds. Jon has prior violent acts. Some speculation of drugs

IMO, the 8pm cctv time is connected to the ex-husband. Was he upset that Julia was relocating to TX...

News reports say he lives in Arizona so I don't know why he would care if she stayed in San Diego or moved to Texas but who knows.

If they had a bitter divorce, as stated by her brother, and if he recently threatened her. (nastiness goes hand in hand with a bitter divorce).

Bitter divorce:
1) She may have wanted the divorce not him. He may not have been happy she moved to San Diego so far from Arizona, so he will be equally upset if she was going to Texas, "IF" he was looking to reconcile.

2) It could have been bitter over a property settlement or finances.

3) She could have had something in her house that he wanted. (valuables that outsiders may not know about).

4) Who ever left her car 1/2 mile from her house, staged it as a car theft. It also had to be someone that knew where she lived. (Company car had registration for Corporation). Her ex could have dumped her after he saw her, and somewhere and some time after the sighting in Ontario. (whatever that was). Brought her car and left it 1/2 mile from her house. For all we know he could have been her house at some point looking or taking. It is too coincidental that she is missing the same day he meet up with her.

If they had a bitter divorce, as stated by her brother, and if he recently threatened her. (nastiness goes hand in hand with a bitter divorce).

Bitter divorce:
1) She may have wanted the divorce not him. He may not have been happy she moved to San Diego so far from Arizona, so he will be equally upset if she was going to Texas, "IF" he was looking to reconcile.

2) It could have been bitter over a property settlement or finances.

3) She could have had something in her house that he wanted. (valuables that outsiders may not know about).

4) Who ever left her car 1/2 mile from her house, staged it as a car theft. It also had to be someone that knew where she lived. (Company car had registration for Corporation). Her ex could have dumped her after he saw her, and somewhere and some time after the sighting in Ontario. (whatever that was). Brought her car and left it 1/2 mile from her house. For all we know he could have been her house at some point looking or taking. It is too coincidental that she is missing the same day he meet up with her.

I agree that the ex is most likely the issue however I'm trying to keep open minded with ideas until we get more info.

I don't agree that it had to be someone who knew where she lived though. Her purse was found in her car, a stranger could have gotten her address from her license or the onstar "home" feature etc...

I think those other two people missing in Big Bear need to ruled out.

Hopefully LE will provide updates at some point on what they know.

It's the work vehicle being located close to her home that doesn't fit and sets my hinky meter off - especially with the keys still inside. There is more to this case than fit the facts.

I agree that the ex is most likely the issue however I'm trying to keep open minded with ideas until we get more info.

I don't agree that it had to be someone who knew where she lived though. Her purse was found in her car, a stranger could have gotten her address from her license or the onstar "home" feature etc...

I think those other two people missing in Big Bear need to ruled out.

Hopefully LE will provide updates at some point on what they know.

I don't think a random theft of a car after kidnapping a woman would bother looking up her address and delivering her car so her family might find it easily. That doesn't make sense to me.

Seems more likely, its someone who knew her well.

It's the work vehicle being located close to her home that doesn't fit and sets my hinky meter off - especially with the keys still inside. There is more to this case than fit the facts.
Unless - after that video in Ontario she headed home. Maybe her only plan that day was to go to Ontario and then head back home.

The problem with this case is that LE is keeping everything so close to the vest. If anyone knew what that 8pm video was about - where she was, who she was with.

If the video was at 8, could she have made it home by 9:30 (when the texts were sent to her sister)?

I wonder if the ex husband was getting on a plane and that's why he was ruled out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also, could she have been followed? She gets out of the car near her home is accosted and the next day some kids find the car with keys and drive it to the store?

To me it's pretty obvious that LE knows what happened. Otherwise they'd say 'she was seen at _______ store. Cameras in the area show her heading toward _____.' etc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I live 5 miles south of Ontario and there is really nothing there of interest. It's a business/warehouse district .. such as Amazon, UPS etc. Mostly because of the airport and main highways connecting at close proximities... hence making it a desirable place for commercial delivery businesses. If she had her dog, She may have passed through to get gas or picked up someone at the airport. Most places are not dog friendly business around that area. It is on the way to Palm Springs and Big Bear and Las Vegas. But the fact that her car was found in San Diego makes it more confusing.

Can you please point me to where you saw that witnesses saw the car sitting for 12 days?

Now we also know the following about Mary and Jon:

-Missing from New York Aug 25.
-Police released a photo of Mary and Jon leaving a Los Angeles Walmart on Aug 30.
-The car Mary and Jon were in was found abandoned in Big Bear, CA on Sept 11 with a note "out of gas"
-they are said to be travelling with limited funds. Jon has prior violent acts. Some speculation of drugs
This post on Mary's thread is pulling in the 12 day info from elsewhere without linking.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rtland-26-August-2017&p=13629018#post13629018

Mary's mother mentions it on her personal FB page in a post about her missing daughter but it is in the comments (there are over 5000 of them). Mary's mother is getting information from either the Cortland Police or the Big Bear Sheriff's department.

ETA: I don't want to side-track this thread. This all may be a coincidence. But in order for LE to come up with a specific WalMart to get security images from around a specific time those two had to have used a debit or credit card that was tracked to that store. Since that was the 30th and on the 31st the car was abandoned (12 days before 11th is 31st) that would mean that they went from LA to Big Bear. It would seem to have to be that way because if they didn't have enough for gas I don't know how they would get someone to take them from Big Bear to LA. The big question for me is whether either of these two actually had credit cards or debit cards in their possession. If not I would question whether LE is being completely truthful about where that WalMart is located and/or the timestamp on the image is real.

Like I said I don't want to get this thread side-tracked and I didn't mean to open a can of worms.

This post on Mary's thread is pulling in the 12 day info from elsewhere without linking.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rtland-26-August-2017&p=13629018#post13629018

Mary's mother mentions it on her personal FB page in a post about her missing daughter but it is in the comments (there are over 5000 of them). Mary's mother is getting information from either the Cortland Police or the Big Bear Sheriff's department.

ETA: I don't want to side-track this thread. This all may be a coincidence. But in order for LE to come up with a specific WalMart to get security images from around a specific time those two had to have used a debit or credit card that was tracked to that store. Since that was the 30th and on the 31st the car was abandoned (12 days before 11th is 31st) that would mean that they went from LA to Big Bear. It would seem to have to be that way because if they didn't have enough for gas I don't know how they would get someone to take them from Big Bear to LA. The big question for me is whether either of these two actually had credit cards or debit cards in their possession. If not I would question whether LE is being completely truthful about where that WalMart is located and/or the timestamp on the image is real.

Like I said I don't want to get this thread side-tracked and I didn't mean to open a can of worms.

Thank you, I saw it too now. I totally understand where you're coming from. I think it's valuable information and glad you posted it so people can monitor separately and see if any connections to Julia happen to pop up.

in response to mrstrf I have never been interested in a case like this before. I am a Wheaten breeder and the wheaten community has been sharing this since day one and thats when it caught my interest. Why would Julias sister go on this sight and say ask away and then disappear?? I want to help out desperately because my daughter just moved a few blocks from julia to start Law School and I am scared to death that she lives in the same area as Julia. And my daughter just lost her wheaten terrier to a heart disease so having these two in trouble hits very close to home and the public is given no info to help. I literally watched a dateline tonight where an extremely similar case was aired. They got the FBI involved right away. Julia is a Veteran! When is the FBI going to step in for Julia??????:gaah:

Laxer1- thank you for your post! I love animals and this case holds extra interest for me. I am also appalled that it seems the government is not helping to find a veteran. I have to believe more is going on behind scenes. I left a post with several questions for the sister but I totally understand she may have been advised not to discuss the case here. So I am praying and trying to remain hopeful. It is tough to sleuth because there is limited info/people to sleuth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back