GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I took the comment re: finding Bogie, you will find Julia to indicate that she would likely be with her dog if at all possible. Not that the dog had special importance/motive in her disappearance. Jmo

What kind of value does Julia's dog have? Is that type of a dog a kind that could be sold on Craigslist or similar? I haven't gone back to see if people had been looking at such sites to see if they could find he dog.

Am I remembering this correctly - the dog had a microchip?

I'm not saying this as a fact. I was responding to other posts regarding the trip being impulsive...I was just trying to point out we don't know if in fact it was impulsive or not. Sorry about any confusion.
Point well taken.

We don't know if the trip was impulsive. Even being planned, however, the apparent trip would involve leaving San Diego late on Labor Day Saturday afternoon / early evening, then driving through Orange and LA counties to Big Bear, then driving to Palm Springs and then back to San Diego on Labor Day Sunday or Monday.

Such a planned trip is entirely possible in the technical sense, but would involve an awful lot of driving in an awful lot of traffic. In the practical sense, it just seems strange for a SOCAL resident to plan.

This is what I think too. I am curious about why she boarded Boogie for part of the day - in Ontario. Maybe "they" were picking someone else up. jmo

Perhaps I have missed something, but is it confirmed that Julia boarded Boogie for part of the day? (Why would she do that, I wonder?)

I have read that the video of Julia in Ontario might have been obtained from a Petsmart--but I understood that was pure speculation. As far as I know, LE has not released information about where the video of her in Ontario was taken.

I am just trying to establish fact from rumor. Thank you for clarifying this.

Perhaps I have missed something, but is it confirmed that Julia boarded Boogie for part of the day? (Why would she do that, I wonder?)

I have read that the video of Julia in Ontario might have been obtained from a Petsmart--but I understood that was pure speculation. As far as I know, LE has not released information about where the video of her in Ontario was taken.

Look at post 245 on Tapatalk or the posts from 9/24 about 5pm - these posts are from her sister regarding picking up Boogie from PetSmart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone think it's possible someone found Boogie running around and took him in not connecting him to a missing person
I'm guilty of doing this with a cat. Recently, I've been adopted by a stray, who came to my back door demanding food. No tags but obviously tame, and healthy looking. I've looked for anyone missing him, and posted him to Craigslist and the pound as found. He can come and go as he wishes, but he stays. I'm happy he found me!

Dogs are different. If I had found Boogie running free, with or without tags, I would have taken her home, looked on Craigslist for a missing dog, and taken her to the shelter as soon I didn't find her there. I would assume somebody would be worried about her. I've done this with found dogs, several times. A dog without an owner is not like a cat who drops in. A free dog stands out in the city. There is always a lot of car traffic. Where I live there are lots of dogs, on leashes and with owners, out and about. A loose dog is always a threat to a leashed dog. Any dog lover would try to catch her, to help her, I think, and most would both post about her on SM, and turn her in.

I also wondered why Julia would take Boogie to PetSmart for the day, so I looked it up. They have a Doggie Day Camp:

A safe, fun place for dogs to play instead of leaving them home alone or with a pet sitter! Camp is open 7 days a week & features convenient hours so campers can enjoy lots of organized activities with our safety-certified, pet-loving staff.

They also have groomers, and some offer a Pet Hotel. Who knew?

Could Julia have had business in Ontario, for 7/11? Does she travel much for her job? I did a Google search fro 7/11s in Ontario, and found ten in that zip code. Could she have been negotiating a new location up there? When I worked for a major insurance company, I had a 'territory', which included some pretty out-of-the-way places, and sometimes I had to travel there. Never on a weekend, though. But I'd have had a contact there, either a co-worker or a client, and a scheduled meeting. Does Julia have a secretary, who knows her work schedule?

Where are you, Julia? .

The police know exactly who she was with they just won't disclose any information. The family posted this on FB previously. IMHO, LE must have a lot of information based on technology etc that they won't disclose. All good questions in the previous post but if LE isn't releasing info we won't get the facts. Regardless of why she was in Ontario, we know she was seen with Boogie around 8 or 8:30 pm. What happened after that is more of a concern IMO. That's where additional info from LE would really help....

It seems that if Julia had been in Ontario for something related to work, her employer would have come forward and let the family and LE know. As it stands, no one seems to know why she was in Ontario.

About Big Bear and Palm Springs, it also makes sense that IF she did have plans to go three would be a reservation somewhere. Yet no one has come forward with such information. I am not familiar with the area, but in listening to locals and looking up events for Labor Day weekend, I agree that an impulsive trip to either would result in spending the night in ones car along the side of the road. Every hotel, campground and tourist attraction was booked solid. And day trips would have been "trafficky". Certainly it's not outside the realm of possiblility, but seems unlikely. Wouldn't Julia really spend two complete days driving around with her dog in the car? with no accommodations for a place to sleep?

The police know exactly who she was with they just won't disclose any information. The family posted this on FB previously. IMHO, LE must have a lot of information based on technology etc that they won't disclose. All good questions in the previous post but if LE isn't releasing info we won't get the facts. Regardless of why she was in Ontario, we know she was seen with Boogie around 8 or 8:30 pm. What happened after that is more of a concern IMO. That's where additional info from LE would really help....
Excellent analysis. I think they "saw" who she was with. Maybe they don't know who that person(s) is yet and are still working on it. I'm glad they are keeping quiet about it, for now. If they release the video asking for help identifying the person(s), I will just cry.

This is what I think too. I am curious about why she boarded Boogie for part of the day - in Ontario. Maybe "they" were picking someone else up. jmo

Look at post 245 on Tapatalk or the posts from 9/24 about 5pm - these posts are from her sister regarding picking up Boogie from PetSmart.
Yes, that is where I picked up the possibility that Boogie was boarded in Ontario.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...San-Diego-2-Sept-2017&p=13647956#post13647956
We had a tip on the Facebook page about picking up her dog at Petsmart for the Ontario sighting at 8:30PM. Don't know if that's true or not.

-Casey Jacobson
I should have said it like this: "I am curious about why she would have boarded Boogie for part of the day - in Ontario." Sorry to have confused anyone.

Yes, that is where I picked up the possibility that Boogie was boarded in Ontario.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...San-Diego-2-Sept-2017&p=13647956#post13647956

I should have said it like this: "I am curious about why she would have boarded Boogie for part of the day - in Ontario." Sorry to have confused anyone.
I'm curious about whether or not she made a reservation to board Boogie AND when she dropped Boogie off did she give a pick up time?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is it possible she was headed home, and even though she was close, she had to pull over to let Boogie out? You know, maybe an emergency poop or something that forced her to stop immediately, but then something happened from that location?

A write up from crime watch daily. https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/09...teran-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances/

Also, they strated a virtual a vigil, which you can read about in the FJJ group. https://www.facebook.com/search4julia/ or calendar here: https://www.24-7prayer.com/signup/9d2c69
Thanks. From your link:

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/09...teran-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances/

>>>snip

...Julia Jacobson's divorce had been final for less than a year when her mother was dying from cancer. Casey says her mom's battle brought her back together in a strange way with her ex-husband.

"She was in contact with him a little bit in that he watched her dog," said Casey...

<<<snip

So this is just a thought, because this is a place for theories. Online dating is so common, and is often the first place newly single/separated/divorced people go when starting to "get back out there". I read that Julia had a boy-friend (not sure how serious this was, and have no idea whether they were in an exclusive relationship or not). But if she was dating, perhaps she met someone online and was putting together a plan to meet him and that was the reason for her travel. That might explain boarding Boogie for a short time. If she had a dinner date, she may have had to find a place for Boogie to stay briefly. Her computer and phone would more than likely reveal emails and calls pertaining to this, which I'm sure LE have already scoured. Praying for Julia and Boogie to come home.

Thanks. From your link:

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/09...teran-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances/

>>>snip

...Julia Jacobson's divorce had been final for less than a year when her mother was dying from cancer. Casey says her mom's battle brought her back together in a strange way with her ex-husband.

"She was in contact with him a little bit in that he watched her dog," said Casey...

<<<snip

That is very sus considering her and the dog are missing. As far as we are aware ex last to see her? Occam's razor.

Very bad feeling about this. Hope I'm wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back