Found Safe CA - Julia Kebbel, 36, Los Angeles, 31 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems that most of the media reports and videos show more pictures of Arielle than they do Julia.
Just an observation, but I really wish they'd focus on Julia more.

Sad to see the lack of updates after being away this weekend and sad to see this. If I didn't already know who Arielle was/what she looked like and I quickly looked at an article about Julia's disappearance, I would think that all of the images of Arielle and the individual missing are one and the same.

My apologies, Tricia. I’ve read all the rules now and will be on my best behavior. I promise. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

Sad to see the lack of updates after being away this weekend and sad to see this. If I didn't already know who Arielle was/what she looked like and I quickly looked at an article about Julia's disappearance, I would think that all of the images of Arielle and the individual missing are one and the same.

I was looking for a movie on IMDB last night and an ad was shown with Arielle's name, about her appearing on a game show and I thought 'wait a minute I recognize that last name'.. struck me as inappropriate once I put the two together.

This is interesting. I've been following along, silently, with Leah's case. I saw that Leah's Mom stated she is in contact with Julia's Dad so I wonder if they will be able to make these types of connections, if there are any.
I think it's both interesting and helpful for them to join forces. Even if the two cases have nothing in common, they can support each other in this time of crisis. Speaking of, I can't find Leah's thread. Was she found?

I think it's both interesting and helpful for them to join forces. Even if the two cases have nothing in common, they can support each other in this time of crisis. Speaking of, I can't find Leah's thread. Was she found?

I was afraid to ask about Leah's thread. Figured it got pulled due to a request from family.

I was afraid to ask about Leah's thread. Figured it got pulled due to a request from family.
Oh! Hmmmm I wonder why. I sure hope it's because there's been progress in finding her. I saw some shady new members and I had a feeling they made the thread get closed. I don't guess it matters, as long as Leah is found. And because she has a famous relative, I hope Julia's case sheds light on all the missing people from the area. To me it's comforting yet strange that Julia and Leah had a few things in common and that their parents are communicating.

Oh! Hmmmm I wonder why. I sure hope it's because there's been progress in finding her. I saw some shady new members and I had a feeling they made the thread get closed. I don't guess it matters, as long as Leah is found. And because she has a famous relative, I hope Julia's case sheds light on all the missing people from the area. To me it's comforting yet strange that Julia and Leah had a few things in common and that their parents are communicating.
I think the family might have requested it to be taken down. Imo
Sometimes that happens here.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think the family might have requested it to be taken down. Imo
Sometimes that happens here.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I was afraid to ask about it too. Family asking for it to be taken down was also my first thought. I hoped she was found but it doesn't look like it.

Whoops. I thought someone was talking to me. Oopsy daisys

So Julia went out at 11:00 pm to walk her dog, then disappeared. Appearances can deceiving, as far as safety goes. Was this a safe neighborhood, or has there been a lot of crime in the area? Such as drug dealing, car break ins, theft of property outside the homes, gangs, etc.???

It is a generally safe area IMO... but Golden Gate meets Sunset right there, which is a main drag into the downtown area, and meanders through some (ugh, I hate to say this...) seedier areas... That said, I am not sure the "where" is significant at all. I do think it is interesting that her dog is also missing (and not just cuz I am a crazy dog lady lol...)

OT - As for Leah... I want so badly to think that SHE contacted WS to have the thread removed. We may never know, and that has to be ok too.

So Julia went out at 11:00 pm to walk her dog, then disappeared. Appearances can deceiving, as far as safety goes. Was this a safe neighborhood, or has there been a lot of crime in the area? Such as drug dealing, car break ins, theft of property outside the homes, gangs, etc.???

crimereports.com has alot of that info..
if you feel like wading thru their site

crimereports.com has alot of that info..
if you feel like wading thru their site
I might when I have time. Thanks.

I was sort if hoping a local would give a boots on the ground accounting of the area. Sometimes statistics in writing sound a lot scarier than what we truly encounter in our every day worlds.

It is a generally safe area IMO... but Golden Gate meets Sunset right there, which is a main drag into the downtown area, and meanders through some (ugh, I hate to say this...) seedier areas... That said, I am not sure the "where" is significant at all. I do think it is interesting that her dog is also missing (and not just cuz I am a crazy dog lady lol...)
Thank you for your input about the area. So either someone she knows disappeared her and the dog, or a random person did. I doubt a random would also take the dog, unless it was the dog they were after. Still, so unlikely!

To the ex I say, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do."
- Ricky Ricardo

I might when I have time. Thanks.

I was sort if hoping a local would give a boots on the ground accounting of the area. Sometimes statistics in writing sound a lot scarier than what we truly encounter in our every day worlds.

I agree. Local information is second to none.

When I tell people I live only a few little minutes of the city, I get the usual "Oh no, not the dreaded city!" along with the eye roll. But I really don't get that experience and think statistics can be scare tactics!

Anyway, I'm going O/T. Thank you AzPistonsGirl for your insight!

call me crazy but I was just going thru some missing person threads in CA. Juila took her dog for a walk, went missing, Ashley Holloway (Stockton, CA) took her dog for a walk, went missing, Danielle Baker (sacramento, CA) went for a bike ride, missing.All pretty much the same age. I just find this very odd. IMO

of course, I should have said that I grew up in Detroit (in Detroit, not the burbs) and then lived in this very same Silver Lake neighborhood when I was 21 for a stretch so "safe neighborhood" is certainly subjective... I never felt scared living in that area or walking in that area though. It is a very walkable type area, certainly gentrifying itself over the last 6 years or so. But sure, there's drugs and folks stealing cars and lawn furniture anywhere. Bad people know no boundaries...

I recall they were searching Griffith Park - I guess nothing at all came of that?

call me crazy but I was just going thru some missing person threads in CA. Juila took her dog for a walk, went missing, Ashley Holloway (Stockton, CA) took her dog for a walk, went missing, Danielle Baker (sacramento, CA) went for a bike ride, missing.All pretty much the same age. I just find this very odd. IMO

That's pretty scary. I'm not familiar of the others, I will have to read up.

But not at all the same geographic area - the other 2 are in far northern California. But I absolutely agree that it's an angle worth sleuthing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn
Back