Found Deceased CA - Juliani Cardenas, 4, Patterson, 18 January 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the windows down, I think may he had planned on escaping - alone or with Juliani - and didn't make it out. The water is reportedly swift, deep, and cold.

Another thing to consider is that the car probably was not originally sucked into the siphon right away, IMHO.

Please forgive my ignorance since I haven't followed the case from the beginning, however, is it the common belief that this was an accident, or that he purposely drove the car into the canal? I could see him trying to make it appear that he and Juliani went down with the car but at the last minute escaped before the car went into the water.......or at least Jose could have. The farm worker believes two people were in the car so it seems possible Jose didn't get out in time. I am curious if there has been any statement as to how fast the car was going when it went in. :waitasec: MOO

Please forgive my ignorance since I haven't followed the case from the beginning, however, is it the common belief that this was an accident, or that he purposely drove the car into the canal? I could see him trying to make it appear that he and Juliani went down with the car but at the last minute escaped before the car went into the water.......or at least Jose could have. The farm worker believes two people were in the car so it seems possible Jose didn't get out in time. I am curious if there has been any statement as to how fast the car was going when it went in. :waitasec: MOO

Some of your questions I have answers for but the one regarding how fast the car was going, I'm unsure of. LE believe that he drove the car into the canal on purpose and do not believe that Jose is sophisticated enough nor has the resources to be hiding out anywhere with Juliani. There's been no cell phone or debit/credit card activity since soon before Juliani was snatched.

~jmo~

I'm not sure what the witness said. But I think it was a murder-suicide, or a murder-accidental drowning. Based on his history, I think he set out to make the mom suffer. :(

Some of your questions I have answers for but the one regarding how fast the car was going, I'm unsure of. LE believe that he drove the car into the canal on purpose and do not believe that Jose is sophisticated enough nor has the resources to be hiding out anywhere with Juliani. There's been no cell phone or debit/credit card activity since soon before Juliani was snatched.

~jmo~
Thank you. I understood that Juliani's family believes (or wants to believe) he is still alive, therefore I was trying to reconcile the witness' observations with that possibility and yet couldn't see how Jose could've escaped before the car hit water, let alone with Juliani. :( MOO

I'm not sure what the witness said. But I think it was a murder-suicide, or a murder-accidental drowning. Based on his history, I think he set out to make the mom suffer. :(
BBM

That sounds most probable, imo. :(

LOL I have one hanging from the keychain. And I made sure to buy one for my hubby.

We have a tool to cut the seatbelt and break open a window, but it is very heavy, no way to put on a keychain. On the floorboard under a front seat is not the best place to keep an escape tool. May I ask where you got yours, or the name of the gadget?

I do hope this darling little boy is found alive, his mother's grief leaves no doubt that she truly loves her baby boy. I so wish I could heal all the hurts in the world. We are so helpless. Prayers for a miracle for this mother and child.

We have a tool to cut the seatbelt and break open a window, but it is very heavy, no way to put on a keychain. On the floorboard under a front seat is not the best place to keep an escape tool. May I ask where you got yours, or the name of the gadget?

I do hope this darling little boy is found alive, his mother's grief leaves no doubt that she truly loves her baby boy. I so wish I could heal all the hurts in the world. We are so helpless. Prayers for a miracle for this mother and child.

I got one for Christmas in pink! They are called ResQMe's
Amazon.com: ResQMe RQM-BC1P Pink Keychain Rescue Tool: Automotive

Snipped -

On Tuesday, Feb. 1, a vigil is scheduled to take place in front of the Cardenas home on the 300 block of Barros Street. People are encouraged to come at 4:15 p.m. to create luminaries as they commemorate Juliani's kidnapping, which took place at about the same time in the afternoon. Luminaries will be lit at 6:30 p.m., and a time of prayer will begin at 7 p.m.

On Saturday, Feb. 5, the Hooligans Motorcycle Club will host a charity ride to help raise money for a search reward fund established at Bank of the West.

The ride will end at Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar, 3401 Dale Road, at Modesto's Vintage Faire Mall. The restaurant has agreed to donate 20 percent of customers' bills from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day to the Juliani Cardenas fund.

http://www.pattersonirrigator.com/view/full_story/11194940/article-Vigils-and-motorcycle-event-to-honor-kidnapping-victim?instance=lead_story_left_column

How I wish this would bring little Juliani home.

Body Found Near Canal In Merced County
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/02/01/body-found-near-canal-in-merced-county/

GUSTINE (CBS13) – Merced County Sheriff’s officials are responding to a report of a body found in a canal near the town of Gustine.

The report says a body was found near the National Cemetery on McCabe Road. There are several waterways in the area including the Delta-Mendota Canal, the same canal where a car belonging to a kidnapping suspect was found last week.

The car found belongs to 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez, who is suspected of kidnapping Juliani Cardenas, his ex-girlfriend’s son, from the arms of the boy’s grandmother in Patterson on Jan. 18.

No bodies were found in the car when it was pulled from the bottom of the frigid canal.

The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, who has been working the kidnap case, is also sending an officer.

If it is little Juliani, I so hope that LE can do something to keep the media away until they notify his mom. Poor thing.

This is so sad. :( why the hell would he do something like that!! Just take the baby and kill him. :(

Stanislaus Sheriff's office says body found in the Delta-Mendota Canal is that of a child.

http://twitter.com/#!/News10_CA

:(

That poor mom... May God be with her and hold her tight - I think she's going to need it. (I thought he was in there but I didn't know if they'd be able to find him... now she can have closure.)

:cry:

RIP, little Juliani.

RIP sweetheart regardless if you're Juliani or not :( :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member