CA CA - Julie Elizabeth Soracco, 15, Placerville, 1 Aug 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Julie's hair looks almost reddish-brown to me in her photographs, but that may just be the lighting or image quality.

Can be hard to judge, the photos have that fade in them that introduces red-brown. I tend to think judging by the school id photos as well that Brown Hair is correct.

Can be hard to judge, the photos have that fade in them that introduces red-brown. I tend to think judging by the school id photos as well that Brown Hair is correct.

I agree with brown too. I was trying to get a sense of how dark brown her hair was. I have friends and family who are more auburn or medium, and others who are very dark brown. Thinking back to the UID with black hair Otterly mentioned.

This case is one that grabbed me. I really feel for her sister, and the injustice of her being missing for so many years, apparently without it being formally reported. So wrong....

Julie has been added to The Charley Project

Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

soracco_julie.jpg
soracco_julie2.jpg
soracco_julie3.jpg
soracco_julie4.jpg

• Missing Since 08/01/1977
  • Missing From Placerville, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 07/06/1962 (57)
  • Age 15 - 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Julie's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
The circumstances of Julie's disappearance are very unclear; even the date is unknown. She was last seen sometime in 1977 or 1978. She attended El Dorado High school at the time of her disappearance.

According to what her family knows, Julie had lived in Sacramento, California with her mother and sisters, then went to live with her grandfather in Placerville, California. After some time, she was placed in foster care and lived with a couple called Aldea. She may have disappeared while walking from her foster family's home to her grandfather's home.

It's unclear whether a missing persons report was filed at the time, and Julie's grandfather did not want her case to be publicized. Her disappearance was rarely discussed within her family. Julie was reported missing in July 2019, over forty years after she was last seen. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.
The girl in the first two pics do *not* look like the same girl in the second pics! I’m taking in to consideration plucked eyebrows and different hair style. Mouth shape is completely different and....

Went to foster home at age 15. I don’t like the sound of this at all. At all. Not reported missing until decades later?! I don’t think you have to look far for answers, IMO.
I’d take cadaver dogs to the last known locations she was seen, and go from there.

All just amateur opinion and speculation

The girl in the first two pics do *not* look like the same girl in the second pics! I’m taking in to consideration plucked eyebrows and different hair style. Mouth shape is completely different and....

Went to foster home at age 15. I don’t like the sound of this at all. At all. Not reported missing until decades later?! I don’t think you have to look far for answers, IMO.
I’d take cadaver dogs to the last known locations she was seen, and go from there.

All just amateur opinion and speculation

We know the second pics are Julie as they match her high school id.

20190729_121617.png

And we know this photo below is Julie (left) as it came from her sister.

upload_2020-4-7_18-12-48.png

Kids can change quite a bit appearance wise as they move from puberty to later teens. I have a teen, and sometimes I swear they look different one week to the next. I think that is what we see here in Julie's photos. Not knowing the exact dates they were taken, I would guess we have a range from maybe 7th-8th grade to right before her disappearance.

In addition to age and maturation, fashion changes, makeup, tweezing her brows, maybe some drug use (admitted by her sister), a "hardened" expression. All would explain why it might look like different people if you just glance.

If you look closer, it is very clear all of the photos are of Julie.

Still hoping for leads.

The pics more recent with the winged or feathered hair, reminds me of the Huntsville walker county jane doe.

It's so interesting how a lot of teenagers back then look like 20-25 year olds of today
I attended high school from 2006-2010. The upperclassmen looked like they were in that age range as well. Even a few kids in my graduating class could easily pass for 30. Now high school students no matter what grade their in look 14-16.

Is there a larger version of that fourth photo of her--one that shows the earrings more clearly?

I am nearly positive I've seen a UID wearing very similar earrings but can't quite make them out to be sure.

Is there a larger version of that fourth photo of her--one that shows the earrings more clearly?

I am nearly positive I've seen a UID wearing very similar earrings but can't quite make them out to be sure.

Her sister has the same photo posted online, but larger/better quality. I think it is ok to add this without a link since it is literally the same photo used here? The terms are confusing the heck out of me this week. 98202726_113801127008490_3530961191784415232_n.jpg

Attachments

• 98202726_113801127008490_3530961191784415232_n.jpg
    98202726_113801127008490_3530961191784415232_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm really curious if Julie may have had work on her nose? Not asking to be insensitive. I think her nose is fine, I'm fine with anything people choose to do with themselves. (And of course, sometimes it is for medical reasons.) I have noticed her nose looks very different in the last photos with the feathered hair, AND thinking more about Sweetluv's possible match, I also have wondered if WCJD may have had similar since her nose is so delicate?

It may just be angle and makeup.....

I think the above pic resembles the Walker County doe! I do agree though about the noses...
However, with her face beaten, this may have altered her nose (?)

I think the above pic resembles the Walker County doe! I do agree though about the noses...
However, with her face beaten, this may have altered her nose (?)

It also fits the waitress description of WCJD as being streetwise/able to run a con, as Julie is known to have been troubled. (Not at all attacking her character. Going from what has been posted here by her sister.)

What would not fit as easily is the timeline of disappearance and the place: if WCJD is Julie, how did she get to Texas, and where was she for a year or more? (Possibly 2-3 years.)

They say julie disappeared around 78...makes me think it's not even certain as to when...
Plus, time went by before she was even reported missing...that's why I question the timeline.
Maybe she hitchhiked and bounced around....

I often thought the Unidentified victim was in the foster care system or habitual runaway...that's why still nameless today :(
I also thought it was mentioned Julie wore a necklace of some sort.

Right, she may have been a runaway and on her own, and/or living with friends for awhile. It certainly seems possible. I remember reading she had a job at a clothing store, so she likely had some money of her own.

Do you remember where you saw mention of a necklace? The one WCJD wore seems somewhat unusual/memorable.

Read that Julie lived with mom and sisters..grandfather..and foster care. Was reported missing in 2019! Makes you wonder about exact date.
She is wearing a necklace in one pic, but not the distinctive one the UID was apparently wearing.

Read that Julie lived with mom and sisters..grandfather..and foster care. Was reported missing in 2019! Makes you wonder about exact date.
She is wearing a necklace in one pic, but not the distinctive one the UID was apparently wearing.

Ok. I found the necklace. Hmm....It IS a pendant though. We have that same photo here, it is just cropped. I do not want to post anything that results in the thread being shut down, or posts deleted though.

Edited: You know, she is actually wearing that pendant in more than one photo, and it IS a reddish stone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u3499
Back