CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By Staff | Posted: Tue 6:38 PM, Oct 30, 2018 |
Updated: Mon 12:36 PM, Nov 05, 2018

BISHOP, Calif. (KOLO) The Mono County Sheriff’s Office continues asking for help tracking down 16-year-old Karlie Lain Guse.

Sheriff Braun continues, "Due to our remote location and limited resources, we brought in the expertise of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and they continue to assist our investigation. It has been suggested that the Mono County District Attorney’s Office should play a role. Missing Person investigations do not fall under the jurisdiction of the District Attorney, nor does that Office possess resources that have not already been utilized. We have briefed the District Attorney’s Office and will bring them in should the circumstances of the investigation warrant."
No sign found of Mono County teen

The DA typically files criminal charges or bringing evidence before the Grand Jury. ... draws up all indictments and prosecutes all indictable offenses. MO

Last edited:
I believe you are right. Im convinced that an arrest will be taking place and KG will be recovered soon after.
Relative to witness sighting and/or description of individual dressed in gray sweat pants and white t-shirt, could this not have been a description of SM and not KG who was first reported wearing skinny jeans when gone missing?

Where are they getting backlash? In that video? I'm not going to watch a 2 hour video of some guy streaming.

Is there any MSM article about the search and what was found?

In the video and on the FB page. I can’t hardly watch this guys videos. Sorry to his fans. The music etc drives me nuts.

Relative to witness sighting and/or description of individual dressed in gray sweat pants and white t-shirt, could this not have been a description of SM and not KG who was first reported wearing skinny jeans when gone missing?

Her SM now says she never saw her in skinny jeans. She just assumed that was what she had on.

In the video and on the FB page. I can’t hardly watch this guys videos. Sorry to his fans. The music etc drives me nuts.

I could not find a MSM link for this. Sorry. Hopefully le will make an announcement soon about the bloody shirt. I was surprised that people didn’t take photos of the dirt around the shirt before approaching it. If there were tracks or footprints they were trampled. But again these people were doing the best they knew since no one advised them.

Her SM now says she never saw her in skinny jeans. She just assumed that was what she had on.
Nope... I think SM changed her description to fit the witness sightings. Description of clothing is nearly always the first question asked by LE, and SM was reportedly not hesitant with her initial response. MOO

Oh no, I totally agree with you. I find it hard to watch this guys videos too. I think he lacks in presentation, case knowledge, and is incredibly obnoxious.
However, I check youtube for videos on missing person cases that i follow regularly, and i will sit through just about anything if the case interests me enough.
It was definitely a struggle, but i was able to get through the first 15 mins of grays video, only long enough to see the mounted search from his previously aired live stream and that was all i could take. As soon as i heard him bring on the group admins from FB, i shut it off. Dont care to hear a word those crazy people have to say.

Where are they getting backlash? In that video? I'm not going to watch a 2 hour video of some guy streaming.

Is there any MSM article about the search and what was found?
Not yet that I could find but I do believe Gray mentioned that LE came and collected this evidence and I got the impression that he might later show a clip of this, but im with you, i wasnt about to watch the entire thing to find out so im not sure if that happened or not.

Not yet that I could find but I do believe Gray mentioned that LE came and collected this evidence and I got the impression that he might later show a clip of this, but im with you, i wasnt about to watch the entire thing to find out so im not sure if that happened or not.

Yes the video shows LE coming and getting the shirt. I just kept fast forwarding. He could have a really good channel if he would cut out the dead air and the nonsense (the music the cartoons etc) I listened to another one of his as he had BM on there talking. But I use the fast forward a lot!

I hope someone told Mom to write down exactly what she remembers. That IMO may change over time bc of the bk & forth and media and all the crazy going on with SM (stepmom and social media). IMO, memory is a fickle thing. It's possible in the future the mom may need to discuss EXACTLY what she remembers SM & Dad saying, when, where, what context. I suggest Mom write it down and keep it safe, she may be surprised shes already forgotten some details.

Did the search dogs trace Karlie leaving the house? If so, where did the scent end? Is she still in the neighborhood possibly?
That'd be hard to determine definitively. Karlie's scent would be all over the house since she lives there and presumably the front of it where she left. Neighborhood is remote and not very large and has been scoured with door to door searches. It'd be very difficult for her to still be there without some detection.

IMO, SM is incapable of keeping quiet, and will continue talking until she incriminates the person(s) responsible for KG disappearance. I think LE has much more going on than the public aware. FBI joined investigation early, and I believe KG will be recovered shortly after reasonable cause arrest. MOO
I agree. This reminds me of the Susan Smith case. The sheriff that handled the investigation knew she was probably lying from the beginning, knew she had likely murdered the boys but LE didn't know where the boys were. The sheriff let her keep talking until she finally confessed. I'm not saying the stepmom or dad is guilty, just comparing the two cases.

That'd be hard to determine definitively. Karlie's scent would be all over the house since she lives there and presumably the front of it where she left. Neighborhood is remote and not very large and has been scoured with door to door searches. It'd be very difficult for her to still be there without some detection.

If I remember correctly the dogs stopped at hwy 6. Some thought that meant she got in a car. Le said it was very windy that day and the wind could have carried the scent away. Can never seem to get a break in this case

If I remember correctly the dogs stopped at hwy 6. Some thought that meant she got in a car. Le said it was very windy that day and the wind could have carried the scent away. Can never seem to get a break in this case

How far is Hwy 6 from her house? Average walking speed is about 3 mph. SM has changed her story quite a few times, at first she just expanded on things, then changed it to fit new information. Still, that isn't proof of anything and it is not uncommon even if someone is being truthful.

I've been reading and watching videos about this case today and was thinking of the first part of SM's story. I thought it would have been a little unusual for SM to call Karlie to ask if she wanted a ride home at 9 PM on a Saturday night. At 11:00, yes.

I am pretty sure SM and Dad used K's cell phone to keep track of her whereabouts and SM realized she wasn't where she was supposed to be, called and may have said, "I'm coming to pick you up." K hit the street because she didn't want to have her SM show up and embarrass her. SM could easily find her while she had her cell phone, which is why K left it when she disappeared in the AM. I think SM took K home and there was no sleeping going on, whether it was due to K's "paranoia" or just an argument over K being where she wasn't supposed to be, being high and continued bad behavior. SM may have slept in K's room to keep an eye on her and in the AM may have thought the crisis had passed and fell asleep, giving K a chance to call her bf on SM's phone. I read that a call was made from SM's phone that morning but it was not released who the call was to. I'm saying maybe she used SM's phone because it was close by, but maybe SM called someone. Maybe K called or texted bf or someone else to come pick her up. It would be good to know what time that call was placed.

K then slipped on whatever pants and shoes she could grab without waking anyone and left the house, leaving the door cracked open so no one would hear it latch behind her.

We just won't know until she's found, but I am hoping she is just hiding out with friends. I'd like to know what K's bf and little brothers have to say, but we will probably never hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz