CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know they (SM and ZG) haven’t been questioned?

I've no doubt they've been questioned, I just don't think step mom has been pressed on her inaccuracies and not being able to keep a straight story. Even the police seemed unsure about certain things when they released their statements.

As soon as step mom started acting weird they should have jumped on that and really put the pressure on. Instead they sat back and have given her months to work on her version of events.

I'm not even saying the step mom has done something to Karlie, I just get the impression that she's holding something back hence the changing stories.

Ultimately I just feel really sorry for Karlie. Law enforcement have really let the kid down in this case.

Step mom originally said Karlie was wearing skinny jeans and white T-shirt because she was sleeping (or awake in bed) wearing a white T-shirt and underwear. Step mom assumed she put on skinny jeans before leaving because she always wears skinny jeans. She could not confirm if any pairs of jeans were missing because Karlie had so many. Description of clothing changed after eye witnesses reported seeing a young girl (one who knows Karlie and said it was Karlie) wearing a white T-shirt and grey sweatpants. Interesting that step mom was wearing white T-shirt and grey sweatpants on the day of disappearance. Anyone have confirmation of this?

Could the eyewitness have seen step mom, not Karlie? Step mom states she went out looking for her before reporting her missing.

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter's clothes from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

I just don't think someone could mistake the SM for KG. KG is only 110 lbs. Her SM is quite a bit bigger than that.

SM has made a lot of questionable statements for sure. But last I checked the police acted like they have no suspects. Course they could be keeping it under wraps.

I just don't think someone could mistake the SM for KG. KG is only 110 lbs. Her SM is quite a bit bigger than that.

SM has made a lot of questionable statements for sure. But last I checked the police acted like they have no suspects. Course they could be keeping it under wraps.
The person who saw the woman is an older gentleman in a hot tub. If vision is even a bit fuzzy, from a distance he could be mistaken. Also my understanding is he said he saw a tall, slender woman with long brown hair in a white shirt and grey pants. To me that doesn’t have to have been Karlie.

ETA- and for police saying no suspects, in the Kelsey Berreth case they said the same for a while. I’m hopeful behind the scenes it’s abither story.

Seattle- I really hope you are right and law enforcement (fbi included) are steadily gathering information to find her.

The person who saw the woman is an older gentleman in a hot tub. If vision is even a bit fuzzy, from a distance he could be mistaken. Also my understanding is he said he saw a tall, slender woman with long brown hair in a white shirt and grey pants. To me that doesn’t have to have been Karlie.

ETA- and for police saying no suspects, in the Kelsey Berreth case they said the same for a while. I’m hopeful behind the scenes it’s abither story.

Seattle- I really hope you are right and law enforcement (fbi included) are steadily gathering information to find her.

The article I read said the witness was well known in the community and he knew Karlie personally. I think it was one of the mono police statements?

My heart breaks for BM. Not sure if we can link to the videos etc

The article I read said the witness was well known in the community and he knew Karlie personally. I think it was one of the mono police statements?

My heart breaks for BM. Not sure if we can link to the videos etc

I thought I saw mixed things, including he was well known and ex-law enforcement, so you may be right. I watched one of SM videos again today and she refers to him as older. ‍♀️

I've no doubt they've been questioned, I just don't think step mom has been pressed on her inaccuracies and not being able to keep a straight story. Even the police seemed unsure about certain things when they released their statements.

As soon as step mom started acting weird they should have jumped on that and really put the pressure on. Instead they sat back and have given her months to work on her version of events.

I'm not even saying the step mom has done something to Karlie, I just get the impression that she's holding something back hence the changing stories.

Ultimately I just feel really sorry for Karlie. Law enforcement have really let the kid down in this case.
I think the adults in her life also failed Karlie -- a minor. She was an experienced MJ user, and her reaction that evening, by the words of SM and Dad, required professional attention that she did not receive. MOO

I can’t quiet the nagging feeling that something fatal happened to Karlie in their home. It could have even been an accidental fall. What if the parents were intoxicated/under the influence as well? Perhaps that’s why SM can’t stick to 1 scenario. Obviously, these are completely my own opinion. Just throwing more ideas into the ring. I’d love for her to be holed up with a friend somewhere. There just HAS to be a reason 911 wasn’t called that night when Karlie was clearly having odd mental actions. It’s so sad. jmo

From what I have read he had no idea who the Guse’s were.

The one I read said one witness did know her. But there are 3 different witnesses that say they saw her. So it's hard to discount all 3. I know the MONO police said they were credible sightings.

IMO she did something more than MJ that night. IMO it was LSD. Which can last a very long time. I think she left the house and went walking around while having hallucinations. Which would be very dangerous in that area. Her BM said she had asked her about LSD.

Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé

As much as I don't like the SM; I don't think she hurt her. I do think she should have taken her to the hospital immediately. That is something she will have to live with.

I hope I am wrong and shes still alive

Weed can produce panic attacks, and it sounds like she had one. BF said she hadn't smoked for awhile- I'd say her panic was due to the perceived consequences at home. Maybe she thought the night would " all go away" if she just went home. Remembering her phone was bugged, she lied about where she was, etc was weighing big time in her head.
Last thing I would do is record one of my kids if they were having a medical emergency!
- especially a snippet- how convenient!

Now she ate dinner and went to bed? sure......

I can’t quiet the nagging feeling that something fatal happened to Karlie in their home. It could have even been an accidental fall. What if the parents were intoxicated/under the influence as well? Perhaps that’s why SM can’t stick to 1 scenario. Obviously, these are completely my own opinion. Just throwing more ideas into the ring. I’d love for her to be holed up with a friend somewhere. There just HAS to be a reason 911 wasn’t called that night when Karlie was clearly having odd mental actions. It’s so sad. jmo

This case really grabbed me when I first heard about it, just after it happened. From what I recall Karlie had at least three people she was close to and who she trusted -- her boyfriend, her birth mother, and her full brother who's a couple of years older than her. I can't imagine her being holed up somewhere with someone who hasn't come forward. I can't imagine that K would get to a safe place and not call one of those trusted people even if she didn't immediately want to call her dad and stepmom.

I don't know where she ended up, but I never got a sense she would be found alive for those reasons and not having anything with her, no phone, no money, no contact with anyone since the date of disappearance...

I'm glad you guys haven't forgotten Karlie. I haven't been posting, but I haven't forgotten her either. I want her found and for her loved ones to know what happened.

The one I read said one witness did know her. But there are 3 different witnesses that say they saw her. So it's hard to discount all 3. I know the MONO police said they were credible sightings.

IMO she did something more than MJ that night. IMO it was LSD. Which can last a very long time. I think she left the house and went walking around while having hallucinations. Which would be very dangerous in that area. Her BM said she had asked her about LSD.

As much as I don't like the SM; I don't think she hurt her. I do think she should have taken her to the hospital immediately. That is something she will have to live with.

I hope I am wrong and shes still alive

I got the impression it was more that three people saw someone with a description that 'could' fit Karlie, which is slightly different from three people saw Karlie. It could have been her, or it could have been someone with a similar description.

But the town K went missing from has such a small population that if it wasn't K, then who was it?

And if K was wandering around, maybe in a weakened state and maybe some kind of flashbacks, confusion, paranoia happening....where did she wander to, and why hasn't she been found?

Sorry I can't get multi quote to work. Regarding weed causing panic attacks; this was way more than a panic attack. She talked about being scared for her own safety, "devils lettuce" when SM tried to get her to eat. She also said she was afraid SM was going to kill her. Her boyfriend also said he thinks it was not just MJ--and that she was afraid of the music etc. (All of that is in the link I posted.)

I got the impression it was more that three people saw someone with a description that 'could' fit Karlie, which is slightly different from three people saw Karlie. It could have been her, or it could have been someone with a similar description.

But the town K went missing from has such a small population that if it wasn't K, then who was it?

And if K was wandering around, maybe in a weakened state and maybe some kind of flashbacks, confusion, paranoia happening....where did she wander to, and why hasn't she been found?

See that is the thing that bothers me. Who else in such a small subdivision would be walking around hwy 6 at 6:30 am that fits KG description?

I think in that area it would be really easy to fall, get hurt and never be found. Or take a very long time to be found. It was also fairly cold and she had no water. It doesn't look like an easy area to search. I mean look how far small children wander when lost. So just imagine how far a young girl could walk.

IMO the simplest answer is usually correct.

Last edited:
Zac believes Karlie ingested something stronger than marijuana. “It could’ve been laced with something else,” he said.

Karlie’s boyfriend insists marijuana was the culprit. “She hadn’t smoked in a while,” he said. “It could’ve triggered something.”
Lord knows why she mentions devils lettuce- she could believe whomever gave it to her is the devil? 8 minutes without context and 16 different stories about that night don't give me confidence in anything SM says

I'm not familiar with the area, but what is the possibility that due to her being "disoriented" that she could have stumbled onto the roadway, hit by a vehicle and has not been found? (again, not too familiar with the terrain, but know of a few cases where crash victims were found long after they went missing because they were covered by brush, sand, snow, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke