CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are versions of this where the sm did go out looking for Karlie very early in the morning when she first noticed that Karlie wasn't in bed, then she came back to the house, and then she went out again, and this time the dad also drove around looking for Karlie.
Yes. So the witnesses could have actually seen SM and not Karlie. In this scenario, Karlie never left the house. It's just one theory of what may have happened.

Can we keep this focused on Karlie please?

The possibility remains that she did wander off in a state of paranoia/confusion and succumbed to the elements.

Or there is the possibility that she never left the house and was a victim of foul play/accident followed by a cover up.

Has the sibling/siblings who were at the house that night given any interviews? Do we know the ages of her brothers?

Can we keep this focused on Karlie please?

The possibility remains that she did wander off in a state of paranoia/confusion and succumbed to the elements.

Or there is the possibility that she never left the house and was a victim of foul play/accident followed by a cover up.

Has the sibling/siblings who were at the house that night given any interviews? Do we know the ages of her brothers?

In some way, she did leave that house. The question is more about the circumstances of her leaving the house....

I think the brothers in the house are aged about ten and twelve. There's an older brother who lives elsewhere who's a couple of years older than Karlie.

Wonder what that progress could be? If she wandered off and is out there somewhere deceased, only progress would be finding her. Or am I not thinking of a different reason you would say “progress”? Maybe it’s a different scenario and they are making progress on an investigation into foul play?

Hope they get answers soon.

MOO

I've read posts on WS about her "paranoia." It seems very odd for her to be so scared after smoking pot. It wasn't the first time she'd done it, but I read that bf swears that was all she had. Maybe synthetic mj, then she died from it, SM freaked thinking she'd be blamed. No one else was reported as being affected similarly, so maybe somebody targeted her with something no one else had. Maybe meth?
I visited Amsterdam once and partook in eating ‘cake’..
Worst experience of my life
- exceptionally paranoid amongst other things. It took about 40 hours to wear off and then the giggles started. Terrifying never to be repeated experience!

Sheriff's officials say it is unclear if Karlie is a runaway, was kidnapped or is hiding somewhere. Karlie left her home without any personal belongings or a cell phone.

Still no sign of missing Mono County teen three months after the 16-year-old disappeared

Very interesting... runaway and hiding somewhere seem unlikely in this case IMO. SM's stories have been so inconsistent- I hope that they have thoroughly investigated all possibilities, including a potential accident in the house. MOO

Were ZG and MG ever given a lie detector? Listening to the BM on NG again. The FB videos by MG are still so bizarre. There were other children in the home at the time KG went missing, were they interviewed? Perhaps they heard or saw something that night/early morning. MG is holding back. "I wanna put this on blast?" What is really going on here? JMO

After reviewing this thread, I have to agree with a few posters that MG was most likely the female that the neighbors saw walking down the street. She wanted to be seen that morning as KG. JMO

Were ZG and MG ever given a lie detector? Listening to the BM on NG again. The FB videos by MG are still so bizarre. There were other children in the home at the time KG went missing, were they interviewed? Perhaps they heard or saw something that night/early morning. MG is holding back. "I wanna put this on blast?" What is really going on here? JMO

I also wonder about age of the kids. Are they of an age where both parents could leave them at home alone? If not, did they come with the parents?

LE dropped the ball in this case. ALL missing person cases that involve the home being the last place the missing was seen should be considered a crime scene ASAP, IMO. This should be standard procedure. This case reeks of Jon Benet Ramsey in this sense.
JMO

ZG laughing and MG sounding like she is smoking during the Podcast with NG is uncomfortable. Their stories are not adding up. In her bed with her all night? Checked her room at 5:30? Which is it? IMO

After reviewing this thread, I have to agree with a few posters that MG was most likely the female that the neighbors saw walking down the street. She wanted to be seen that morning as KG. JMO

I just can’t see it. The size difference between the two is substantial. I just don’t see anyone mistaking the SM for KG

I just can’t see it. The size difference between the two is substantial. I just don’t see anyone mistaking the SM for KG
Keep in mind that when people saw the woman, it was dark. I believe the sun started to rise around 7:15-7:30am that day. It would be difficult to positively identify anyone in the dark. You would see short/tall, maybe vague clothes description and possibly hair color. MOO

Keep in mind that when people saw the woman, it was dark. I believe the sun started to rise around 7:15-7:30am that day. It would be difficult to positively identify anyone in the dark. You would see short/tall, maybe vague clothes description and possibly hair color. MOO

The SM said she went in her car looking for her. Also LE says that it was a confirmed sighting of KG. I feel LE wouldn’t say that lightly.

I still fear she may have got into a car with a sex trafficker. I wish the family would at least consider that but they seem very opposed to even looking at that angle. I think some don’t realize how bad sex trafficking has gotten. Small town/big town doesnt matter. Unfortunately it’s everywhere

Traffickers do not typically happen upon girls and whisk them away to some sex slave den where they are chained and raped. In most cases, trafficked girls fall into it through a long series of bad events - drugs, proper prostitution, foster care, homelessness and so on and have multiple opportunities to leave. Very very VERY rarely is a "normal" girl taken from a suburban home, especially in a town of this size (yes the town size matters statistically speaking) and then sold for sex across multiple states. When you hear stories of young girls snatched and sold into human slavery, it is usually not in the US but happens more frequently in Eastern Europe and Asia. As an example, a 16 year old disappeared from a Los Angeles suburb last year and was recovered during a sex trafficking sting where she had gone willingly with a friend and some older men to shoot a rap video. They were not being held captive (othr than via drug and lifestyle dependence). In another case, a teenage girl disappeared twice with her pimp (voluntarily). Unfortunately that one ended up dead, so this is not to say Karlie wuld be safe in a trafficking scenario, it is just really unlikely. When the FBI doesn't consider trafficking in a case, there is a good reason, and CA has one of the most active trafficking task forces on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member