CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some way, she did leave that house. The question is more about the circumstances of her leaving the house....

I think the brothers in the house are aged about ten and twelve. There's an older brother who lives elsewhere who's a couple of years older than Karlie.

Ages 10 and 12.... The boys would certainly be old enough to be aware of anything odd or even foul play that night/early morning. Curious as to why the older brother doesn't live with them, or perhaps is away at school? Hoping LE has investigated all of these angles.

Sorry for bumping, but are there any news about Karlie? I was following her case on FB and I had to stop because of the inconsistency and the circus surrounding this case. I think of Karlie almost every day and it saddens me that the media never cared about her case and the police didn't seem to take it seriously at first. So many things happened that shouldn't have happened. I hope she is found safe and alive :(

Traffickers do not typically happen upon girls and whisk them away to some sex slave den where they are chained and raped. In most cases, trafficked girls fall into it through a long series of bad events - drugs, proper prostitution, foster care, homelessness and so on and have multiple opportunities to leave. Very very VERY rarely is a "normal" girl taken from a suburban home, especially in a town of this size (yes the town size matters statistically speaking) and then sold for sex across multiple states. When you hear stories of young girls snatched and sold into human slavery, it is usually not in the US but happens more frequently in Eastern Europe and Asia. As an example, a 16 year old disappeared from a Los Angeles suburb last year and was recovered during a sex trafficking sting where she had gone willingly with a friend and some older men to shoot a rap video. They were not being held captive (othr than via drug and lifestyle dependence). In another case, a teenage girl disappeared twice with her pimp (voluntarily). Unfortunately that one ended up dead, so this is not to say Karlie wuld be safe in a trafficking scenario, it is just really unlikely. When the FBI doesn't consider trafficking in a case, there is a good reason, and CA has one of the most active trafficking task forces on earth.

That is simply not true. My girlfriend works for Ohio Health Dept and is giving sex trafficking talks once a month. Its horrible in Columbus. Just a few weeks ago someone tried to grab a woman on the street in broad daylight. She was walking back to work after lunch. Not a drug addict, prostitute etc. Just a very pretty young woman. Toledo is one of the worst trafficking cites in the US because of our closeness to Canada. And yes Reno is right up there too.

I never said the FBI wouldn't consider it? I have no idea if they have or not. I said the family wouldn't. But I notice now it is being talked about much more on their FB page.

If it was my daughter I would look at anything and everything at this point. IMO she either walked away and got lost in the mountains, or she was picked up in a car.

That is simply not true. My girlfriend works for Ohio Health Dept and is giving sex trafficking talks once a month. Its horrible in Columbus. Just a few weeks ago someone tried to grab a woman on the street in broad daylight. She was walking back to work after lunch. Not a drug addict, prostitute etc. Just a very pretty young woman. Toledo is one of the worst trafficking cites in the US because of our closeness to Canada. And yes Reno is right up there too.

I never said the FBI wouldn't consider it? I have no idea if they have or not. I said the family wouldn't. But I notice now it is being talked about much more on their FB page.

If it was my daughter I would look at anything and everything at this point. IMO she either walked away and got lost in the mountains, or she was picked up in a car.

I used to be in law enforcement, and while a 'snatch and grab' case of abduction does indeed happen every now and then, they are exceedingly rare. Those engaged in sex trafficking prefer very young girls about 16 being the oldest; this is because they can give them drugs, get them addicted, and when they're young they're very easy to control - and they're considered the most valuable. The people involved in this know that grabbing some girl off the street poses a very high risk of getting caught - and the last thing they want is to get caught; there are much, much easier targets out there. 99.9% of the street abduction cases are from Asia and the Middle East.

Were there ever any organized searches done in attempt to find this poor girl? Can't recall.
Private group- I don't think professional searchers- were and possibly are looking regularly, but it was never clear if it was with LE direction. This case makes me so sad. So little seems to be done by LE for her. MOO

Thanks. You are currently scouring these devices? My apologies, but these items have never been “scoured” before now?
KG went missing on Saturday, Oct 13, 2018, and article referenced is dated October 22, 2018.

Many professional resources by LE/CBI and FBI devoted to missing teen, and as contradicting statements emerged from SM and/or her custodians last to see her, volunteer efforts scaled back. Missing KG is still an active investigation, but nothing to report. MOO

KG went missing on Saturday, Oct 13, 2018, and article referenced is dated October 22, 2018.

Many professional resources by LE/CBI and FBI devoted to missing teen, and as contradicting statements emerged from SM and/or her custodians last to see her, volunteer efforts scaled back. Missing KG is still an active investigation, but nothing to report. MOO

Yes, I think the FBI was used the first few days, but after that LE did not ask for further resources from them is my understanding. I'm not sure if that has to do with the contradicting statements or not. I know there are MSM articles out there about this particular city's LE from the last 2-5 years that hint at a level of corruptness. I do hope that this is not true for this particular case.

From what I have been able to see, LE searches stopped and private groups continued to search, but I haven't seen as much about these searches in a while. Seems even the private searches are slowing. MOO

Have the parents spoken out lately? I believe a vigil took place recently? I guess I’m just different, I’d be “scouring” the streets and jumping in front of every camera I could if mine were missing. MOO
I think after the parents were getting national attention, there was so much blow back for all 3 parents that it made them not want to do more IMO. MG and ZG's page for her is private so I am not sure what is being said on there. BM regularly posts on her personal page about her unhappiness with how the case is being dealt with by LE and her unhappiness with MG and ZG. There has also been many posting on LE FB page in regards to KG, most negative toward LE. I just hope the LE silence doesn't mean lack of movement. MOO

ETA- And I agree, I would be the same if one of my kids went missing. No matter what people were saying about me!

I think after the parents were getting national attention, there was so much blow back for all 3 parents that it made them not want to do more IMO. MG and ZG's page for her is private so I am not sure what is being said on there. BM regularly posts on her personal page about her unhappiness with how the case is being dealt with by LE and her unhappiness with MG and ZG. There has also been many posting on LE FB page in regards to KG, most negative toward LE. I just hope the LE silence doesn't mean lack of movement. MOO

ETA- And I agree, I would be the same if one of my kids went missing. No matter what people were saying about me!
Exactly my thought. That would be least concern. MOO

Have the parents spoken out lately? I believe a vigil took place recently? I guess I’m just different, I’d be “scouring” the streets and jumping in front of every camera I could if mine were missing. MOO
BioM reportedly hired PI. Parties went to the networks, NG, Dateline, etc., but when BioM questioned the custodians, primary caregivers turned defensive. That doesn't make for good media. NG and Gray Hughes interviews are posted up thread.

This little town where she went missing is very remote. It is the high desert. Very sparsely inhabited. Very few cameras to jump in front of.

The 2010 United States Census[8] reported that Chalfant had a population of 651. The population density was 23.2 people per square mile.

Last edited:
This little town where she went missing is very remote. It is the high desert. Very sparsely inhabited. Very few cameras to jump in front of.

The 2010 United States Census[8] reported that Chalfant had a population of 651. The population density was 23.2 people per square mile.

Beautiful photo. Just look at that though - if she took off on foot as we are being told, she walked out into that desert and is still out there somewhere. Where is the massive grid search and squad of SAR dogs for Karlie? The lack of brush and trees does make this a little bit easier to cover greater distances.

Beautiful photo. Just look at that though - if she took off on foot as we are being told, she walked out into that desert and is still out there somewhere. Where is the massive grid search and squad of SAR dogs for Karlie? The lack of brush and trees does make this a little bit easier to cover greater distances.
There were extensive searches early on including the use of “helicopters, scent dogs, Search and Rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhood and high-desert terrain. Interviews of family and friends have been conducted, as well as a forensic investigation into her social media and electronic devices.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...ssing-after-vanishing-california-home-n923066

Having said that, it’s not uncommon for even extensive searches to miss someone. Unfortunately at this point if she did walk away in a disoriented state in the cold without proper attire, without water, without food, without her cell phone, I’m thinking the worst has happened and she succumbed to the elements. Or was met with foul play (unlikely IMO), or never actually left the house on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018