CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SM tells Dr. Phil that she was "casually" walking the route that Karlie had to have taken that morning after realizing she was missing. I am just baffled folks. Baffled. Call in the big guns Dr. Phil. Please.

What I've found shows no mention at all that Mono County is classifying this is a runaway case. The FBI typically doesn't get involved in runaway cases anyhow.

Mono County states it's a missing person's case and all possibilities are being considered and they are looking at "every angle".

Mono County teen still missing after five months

Mono County Sheriff's Office

Both reports above - one a recent news story and one a Mono County Sheriff Facebook page from January, state that Karlie was seen walking toward highway six. They don't say by who. One statement indicates she MAY have been wearing what the SM later changed it to. White t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

There is no mention of multiple witnesses or their credibility. But they do appear to believe she was spotted walking toward the 6 that morning.

I believe the sm & father. Bm gave inaccurate information about Karlie bringing up law enforcement. 2 small children may have been taken out of the home due to Karlie being on drugs and the type of discussion occurring with her after that. Law enforcement may not have been called while Karlie was on drugs because they didn’t want themselves to get in trouble for that or Karlie getting in trouble for that. Dr. Phil stated that after hearing the audio of Karlie, sm, and father he believed that they were being very supportive parents.
I just hope that she turns up. She has to be so scared.

I believe the sm & father. Bm gave inaccurate information about Karlie bringing up law enforcement. 2 small children may have been taken out of the home due to Karlie being on drugs and the type of discussion occurring with her after that. Law enforcement may not have been called while Karlie was on drugs because they didn’t want themselves to get in trouble for that or Karlie getting in trouble for that. Dr. Phil stated that after hearing the audio of Karlie, sm, and father he believed that they were being very supportive parents.
I just hope that she turns up. She has to be so scared.
Are younger children taken out of a home due to a sibling smoking pot? I've never heard of that and the SM said she hadn't smoken marijuana in months but didn't mention anything else. That just makes no sense to me at all....

Are younger children taken out of a home due to a sibling smoking pot? I've never heard of that and the SM said she hadn't smoken marijuana in months but didn't mention anything else. That just makes no sense to me at all....
On the Dr. Phil show today, he said that he believed the marijuana was laced with lsd. I felt that I wanted to share my honest opinion on the family dynamic since this is a safe space to do so. Im not seeking someone to agree with me just providing a POV after watching both episodes of Dr. Phil on this case.
I’m a mother of a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I can’t fathom a parent or parents doing something harmful to their child. Ofcourse we have the Chris Watts case and anything is possible. I’m merely looking at this case as a teenage girl who got mixed up in a bad situation, as well as the parents, and she hallucinated through the night.
Details surrounding something that you never see coming can always be a bit sqewed. I wouldn’t bash on the family too much and point fingers on things we aren’t fully aware of. It’s just really sad and hurts my heart since I’m a parent myself.

Pot can legally be smoked indoors in California these days. So, I don't think the younger children were taken out of the house due to the pot smoking.

From the link below:
People can already smoke cannabis in their own homes or other private property. And a small number of cities plan to allow cannabis lounges after Jan. 1.

Everything to know about California marijuana laws kicking in Jan. 1, 2018 - The Cannifornian

He does get to listen to it, off camera in today's episode. He says it is clear that she is hallucinating and it was something other than Marijuana. Says that she says "I'm sorry" about 100 times, but it was more for something other than what she did. The detective said that when he listened to it earlier you can hear the movie "Cool Runnings" in the background including the credits, indicating that the recording was from around 10:30 pm that Friday night.

It backs up what the SM was saying, but the only reason she produced it was because she was "tired of people lying", which doesn't look good.

The birth mom says that SM took her two kids to her brother's house that morning, possibly as early as 5:30 am. That wasn't followed up on by Dr. Phil.
Ooh, I wish I hadn't deleted the episode. I thought the stepmom told Dr. Phil that she nodded off around 5:15 or 5:30 in the morning and woke up around 6:30 to find Karlie missing.

Also I remember the SM told Dr. P that when Karlie went out the night before she was wearing skinny jeans (can't remember what else). When she came home and got into bed she wore a T-shirt and underwear. When the witness spotted her walking along the road she had on a T-shirt and gray sweatpants. No mention of shoes, which could matter, I don't know.

Anyway, I may have mixed up my times so can someone who better remembers let me know if that's what was said on the show?

ETA: I just found a short clip on YouTube of the first 5 minutes of the interview. SM said she woke up around 7:15, not 6:30 as I had thought. She said Karlie had on a dark blue sweater, skinny jeans and Vans. I don't know if she said different things later.

ETA2: I finally found the whole episode. SM said she fell asleep immediately after her last text to Karlie's friend at 5:48.

Last edited:
Pot can legally be smoked indoors in California these days. So, I don't think the younger children were taken out of the house due to the pot smoking.

From the link below:

Everything to know about California marijuana laws kicking in Jan. 1, 2018 - The Cannifornian
I agree, I don’t think that they would have taken her out of the home purely for marijuana use. I think that they might have been taken out of the home because of her erratic behavior and because they were probably going to have to put on the discipline parenting pants. Idk, just trying to feel this situation out and how I would react if my 16yo called me high. That’s yeeeears from now so my opinion on the parenting style is probably inaccurate. All in all I agree with everyone’s opinion and I hope that she gets found. They have today’s episode of Dr. Phil on YouTube if you guys want to watch it.

"On the Dr. Phil show today, he said that he believed the marijuana was laced with lsd. I felt that I wanted to share my honest opinion on the family dynamic since this is a safe space to do so. Im not seeking someone to agree with me just providing a POV after watching both episodes of Dr. Phil on this case.
I’m a mother of a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I can’t fathom a parent or parents doing something harmful to their child. Ofcourse we have the Chris Watts case and anything is possible. I’m merely looking at this case as a teenage girl who got mixed up in a bad situation, as well as the parents, and she hallucinated through the night.
Details surrounding something that you never see coming can always be a bit sqewed. I wouldn’t bash on the family too much and point fingers on things we aren’t fully aware of. It’s just really sad and hurts my heart since I’m a parent myself." - j351ca

I'm in NY EDT, how did you see that when it hadn't been shown yet on the East Coast?

"On the Dr. Phil show today, he said that he believed the marijuana was laced with lsd. I felt that I wanted to share my honest opinion on the family dynamic since this is a safe space to do so. Im not seeking someone to agree with me just providing a POV after watching both episodes of Dr. Phil on this case.
Details surrounding something that you never see coming can always be a bit sqewed. I wouldn’t bash on the family too much and point fingers on things we aren’t fully aware of. It’s just really sad and hurts my heart since I’m a parent myself." - j351ca

I'm in NY EDT, how did you see that when it hadn't been shown yet on the East Coast?
I’m not sure if I can do this but here is the link to the episode

On the Dr. Phil show today, he said that he believed the marijuana was laced with lsd. I felt that I wanted to share my honest opinion on the family dynamic since this is a safe space to do so. Im not seeking someone to agree with me just providing a POV after watching both episodes of Dr. Phil on this case.
Details surrounding something that you never see coming can always be a bit sqewed. I wouldn’t bash on the family too much and point fingers on things we aren’t fully aware of. It’s just really sad and hurts my heart since I’m a parent myself.
We can all agree that this is definitely a place to share all opinions. As a parent myself, the fact that she would be concerned enough to take the boys somewhere at 5:30 AM to protect them from the situation, however wasn’t concerned enough about Karlie to take her to the ER? Also, if/when she took the boys out of the house to her brothers where was Karlie at that time? She left her alone? And I wouldn’t say that we are bashing but when you slueth here and you often see the worst in humanity, it’s hard for some of us to see the best when there are inconsistencies in their story. Hoping that Karlie will be found safe as well.

I hear ya. But these people have changed their stories repeatedly, lied to media, and acted inappropriately and deceptively when it comes to the disappearance of their child.

This site is full of nothing but parents harming their kids or neglecting them. So mentioning one person - Chris Watts - as if that's a rare anomaly, misrepresents the reality of what kids suffer at the hands of their parents in our country and how often it occurs

What is crucial to many of us who have been researching true crime cases for decades is their demeanor and conduct. Frankly, in the thousands of cases I've seen, that behavior is virtually always linked to some form of involvement in the disappearance or death.

But even people not familiar with these cases have been intently struck by the signals they're giving off.

I don't know what happened here. But something seems very wrong with how they're behaving.

On another topic, I don't think the marijuana she smoked had to be laced with anything. When I was young and used (haven't in decades although I fully support legalization) I had a few very intense hallucinatory/paranoid episodes with just marijuana. And I've seen people react just like that. In strong enough, concentrated doses it can and will effect a person in that manner, if they're not regular users.

I remember once looking at a friend and he started turning into a rat face. I had to get in the shower and the water was like shards of glass. I then drove my moped around the block, wind in my hair, until a friend asked what I was doing and told me I hadn't left the curb.

Marijuana can cause hallucinations in large, potent doses for someone not a habitual or regular user, who ingests or smokes a large amount.

I don't believe she was on anything else at all. In fact, in my experience her behavior as described is more consistent with too much marijuana than an LSD episode.

“Hallucinations” Following Acute Cannabis Dosing: A Case Report and Comparison to Other Hallucinogenic Drugs

We can all agree that this is definitely a place to share all opinions. As a parent myself, the fact that she would be concerned enough to take the boys somewhere at 5:30 AM to protect them from the situation, however wasn’t concerned enough about Karlie to take her to the ER? Also, if/when she took the boys out of the house to her brothers where was Karlie at that time? She left her alone? And I wouldn’t say that we are bashing but when you slueth here and you often see the worst in humanity, it’s hard for some of us to see the best when there are inconsistencies in their story. Hoping that Karlie will be found safe as well.
Very much agreed. Idk maybe I’m naive in trying to see the best in people with such a mixed up world. They might not have taken her because the trouble that she can get into. I mean when a suicide attempt happens the child and/or adult get put right into some form of treatment. Maybe they wanted to handle it in-house so no reprocussions happen to Karlie for doing a normal teenage mistake. The sm was up with her and laid with her in bed monitoring her. Man-o-man I hope I don’t sound stupid guys. Does anyone feel that she might have been picked up and used for sex-trafficking since that seems to happen a lot now?

I absolutely would've taken my child to the ER, that they didn't is major cause for concern.
I'd be very curious to know how the father and SM discipline their kids, in this case, of course, Karlie.
Taking the siblings to SM's brothers house and conflicting timelines are quite curious, also.
I really want to hear what Karlie's boyfriend had/has to say.
Can anyone confirm that the FBI is involved? Didn't the father say that the FBI administered lie detector tests?

I hear ya. But these people have changed their stories repeatedly, lied to media, and acted inappropriately and deceptively when it comes to the disappearance of their child.

This site is full of nothing but parents harming their kids or neglecting them. So mentioning one person - Chris Watts - as if that's a rare anomaly, misrepresents the reality of what kids suffer at the hands of their parents in our country and how often it occurs

What is crucial to many of us who have been researching true crime cases for decades is their demeanor and conduct. Frankly, in the thousands of cases I've seen, that behavior is virtually always linked to some form of involvement in the disappearance or death.

But even people not familiar with these cases have been intently struck by the signals they're giving off.

I don't know what happened here. But something seems very wrong with how they're behaving.

On another topic, I don't think the marijuana she smoked had to be laced with anything. When I was young and used (haven't in decades although I fully support legalization) I had a few very intense hallucinatory/paranoid episodes with just marijuana. And I've seen people react just like that. In strong enough, concentrated doses it can and will effect a person in that manner, if they're not regular users.

I remember once looking at a friend and he started turning into a rat face. I had to get in the shower and the water was like shards of glass. I then drove my moped around the block, wind in my hair, until a friend asked what I was doing and told me I hadn't left the curb.

Marijuana can cause hallucinations in large, potent doses for someone not a habitual or regular user, who ingests or smokes a large amount.

I don't believe she was on anything else at all. In fact, in my experience her behavior as described is more consistent with too much marijuana than an LSD episode.

“Hallucinations” Following Acute Cannabis Dosing: A Case Report and Comparison to Other Hallucinogenic Drugs

Thank you, I’m literally a newbie to this, and I appreciate your insight.

Just finished watching the 3/26 show. Dr. Phil listened to the recording and then concluded that she probably had smoked marijuana laced with LSD. He then said that he thought that she would run the next day and that she probably was picked up by someone that might have her now in the sex trade. In other cases, so many people have suggested this and others shoot it down. Does Dr. Phil think this because she is so young?? I was left with the impression that he feels no family member is involved in Karie's disappearance. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654