CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. But these people have changed their stories repeatedly, lied to media, and acted inappropriately and deceptively when it comes to the disappearance of their child.

This site is full of nothing but parents harming their kids or neglecting them. So mentioning one person - Chris Watts - as if that's a rare anomaly, misrepresents the reality of what kids suffer at the hands of their parents in our country and how often it occurs

What is crucial to many of us who have been researching true crime cases for decades is their demeanor and conduct. Frankly, in the thousands of cases I've seen, that behavior is virtually always linked to some form of involvement in the disappearance or death.

But even people not familiar with these cases have been intently struck by the signals they're giving off.

I don't know what happened here. But something seems very wrong with how they're behaving.

On another topic, I don't think the marijuana she smoked had to be laced with anything. When I was young and used (haven't in decades although I fully support legalization) I had a few very intense hallucinatory/paranoid episodes with just marijuana. And I've seen people react just like that. In strong enough, concentrated doses it can and will effect a person in that manner, if they're not regular users.

I remember once looking at a friend and he started turning into a rat face. I had to get in the shower and the water was like shards of glass. I then drove my moped around the block, wind in my hair, until a friend asked what I was doing and told me I hadn't left the curb.

Marijuana can cause hallucinations in large, potent doses for someone not a habitual or regular user, who ingests or smokes a large amount.

I don't believe she was on anything else at all. In fact, in my experience her behavior as described is more consistent with too much marijuana than an LSD episode.

“Hallucinations” Following Acute Cannabis Dosing: A Case Report and Comparison to Other Hallucinogenic Drugs

I could triple like this.

Pot can legally be smoked indoors in California these days. So, I don't think the younger children were taken out of the house due to the pot smoking.

From the link below:

Everything to know about California marijuana laws kicking in Jan. 1, 2018 - The Cannifornian

No child is ever charged for showing up at the ER high and no parent would be either unless they supplied their child with drugs.

If the parents were high themselves, however, they could've been scared to go in. And if there were any ongoing custody issues occurring (which would be unlikely at that age because what she wants would very much prevail by her age), they might have feared having an ER episode with a high child.

Or they're simply familiar with being too high and knew she would recover. Because that's what happened without medical intervention. No matter how high, it wears off.

Unless something else happened. Something abusive or something as a result of neglect like maybe the drug induced a latent psychotic episode and she wandered off while parents were too inebriated to watch her? I don't know.

I just don't know why she hasn't been found. It's open desert out there. Not the Grand Canyon.

And none of it explains why the kids were removed.

No child is ever charged for showing up at the ER high and no parent would be either unless they supplied their child with drugs.

If the parents were high themselves, however, they could've been scared to go in. And if there were any ongoing custody issues occurring (which would be unlikely at that age because what she wants would very much prevail by her age), they might have feared having an ER episode with a high child.

Or they're simply familiar with being too high and knew she would recover. Because that's what happened without medical intervention. No matter how high, it wears off.

Unless something else happened. Something abusive or something as a result of neglect like maybe the drug induced a latent psychotic episode and she wandered off while parents were too inebriated to watch her? I don't know.

I just don't know why she hasn't been found. It's open desert out there. Not the Grand Canyon.

And none of it explains why the kids were removed.
You couldn’t have said that more perfectly

Very much agreed. Idk maybe I’m naive in trying to see the best in people with such a mixed up world. They might not have taken her because the trouble that she can get into. I mean when a suicide attempt happens the child and/or adult get put right into some form of treatment. Maybe they wanted to handle it in-house so no reprocussions happen to Karlie for doing a normal teenage mistake. The sm was up with her and laid with her in bed monitoring her. Man-o-man I hope I don’t sound stupid guys. Does anyone feel that she might have been picked up and used for sex-trafficking since that seems to happen a lot now?
You don’t sound stupid. The fact that you are new to the site and care enough to start sleuthing shows that your heart is big and in the right place. You will look back on your comments in a year and see the knowledge/change in your theories over time. It is always possible but highly unlikely that someone in such a rural area would be lurking for Karlie that morning but we all know that crimes of opportunity are plenty so unfortunately anything is possible. I am surprised that Dr Phil believes this theory though. BTW Welcome to WS!
MOO

If she did not just walk away, which would be highly unusual and I have trouble believing that (the person who thought she saw her could be easily mistaken), then you have to discount anything the family is saying as all hinges on little evidence. All for certain is she was out with friends on Friday evening for some time then home. Maybe the friends can verify use of weed but I am certain no one of her friends had some weird reaction. Suggest looking closely at what happened Friday evening at home, not Saturday, with family cell phones, etc. Was house thoroughly searched, etc. I hate to look inwards to family but just sounds too much like a story, not facts, from family that doesn't quite sound right. And there have been other situations of parents involved where they whisk away other children very quickly, so they are difficult to talk to in anyway.

You don’t sound stupid. The fact that you are new to the site and care enough to start sleuthing shows that your heart is big and in the right place. You will look back on your comments in a year and see the knowledge/change in your theories over time. It is always possible but highly unlikely that someone in such a rural area would be lurking for Karlie that morning but we all know that crimes of opportunity are plenty so unfortunately anything is possible. I am surprised that Dr Phil believes this theory though. BTW Welcome to WS!
MOO
Thank you I just want to stay up to date on this and hoping for something of a positive ending. I originally got involved on this site when a mother went missing in California near where I lived. She was released by the people that had abducted her due to all of the media coverage, I believe. This case sounds a bit familiar to that. It was Sherri Papini.

If she did not just walk away, which would be highly unusual and I have trouble believing that (the person who thought she saw her could be easily mistaken), then you have to discount anything the family is saying as all hinges on little evidence. All for certain is she was out with friends on Friday evening for some time then home. Maybe the friends can verify use of weed but I am certain no one of her friends had some weird reaction. Suggest looking closely at what happened Friday evening at home, not Saturday, with family cell phones, etc. Was house thoroughly searched, etc. I hate to look inwards to family but just sounds too much like a story, not facts, from family that doesn't quite sound right. And there have been other situations of parents involved where they whisk away other children very quickly, so they are difficult to talk to in anyway.
I’m afraid the local LE aren’t familiar enough with these cases and missed all opportunity to investigate inward/outward. The fact that stepmom had the car fixed and detailed is very concerning and a huge missed opp for LE IMO I was hoping Dr Phil would have discussed more.

Very much agreed. Idk maybe I’m naive in trying to see the best in people with such a mixed up world. They might not have taken her because the trouble that she can get into. I mean when a suicide attempt happens the child and/or adult get put right into some form of treatment. Maybe they wanted to handle it in-house so no reprocussions happen to Karlie for doing a normal teenage mistake. The sm was up with her and laid with her in bed monitoring her. Man-o-man I hope I don’t sound stupid guys. Does anyone feel that she might have been picked up and used for sex-trafficking since that seems to happen a lot now?

You don't sound stupid. LE states she was seen walking to the highway. There's room for debate. No one can say what's happened here.

As far as someone grabbing her off the street, that's possible. SM's use of past tense is concerning though.

But overall I think it would have to be some incredible coincidences for her to have gone through all that, been paranoid, left the house in the dark, walked toward a rather remote highway and been coincidentally spotted by a predator who she got in the vehicle with, despite being paranoid.

And the human trafficking angle? Se would fit the demographic if she had indeed been a troubled runaway. I see no evidence of that.

Trafficking is a popular and overstated theory in cases of missing causasian women and children. Traffickers wouldn't be out at that time of the morning roaming around in the remote desert looking for "product".

They wake in the afternoons, work late and know where to find their prey. And it's not in the middle of nowhere.

I agree with mom on DP, her theory makes sense. OD and panic.
Edited because what I originally said didn’t make too much sense. I can see bm perspective too. The sm and dad said that they passed a lie detector test. I don’t buy lie detector tests as biblical truth but still that information is out there about them. I also didn’t realize sm was talking about Karlie in the past tense. That’s always a huge red flag. Also with you pointing out that sm detailed her car. Smh I’m going to lose it if they had something to do with her missing.

Last edited:
Thank you I just want to stay up to date on this and hoping for something of a positive ending. I originally got involved on this site when a mother went missing in California near where I lived. She was released by the people that had abducted her due to all of the media coverage, I believe. This case sounds a bit familiar to that. It was Sherri Papini.

Thank you for coming here. Your thoughts are helpful. Sometimes a less jaded perspective brings something to the table. It certainly causes us to reassess and re list everything, and re-evaluate what we know and don't know.

I’m afraid the local LE aren’t familiar enough with these cases and missed all opportunity to investigate inward/outward. The fact that stepmom had the car fixed and detailed is very concerning and a huge missed opp for LE IMO I was hoping Dr Phil would have discussed more.

However the FBI and NCMEC got involved a week after she disappeared:

Karlie Gusé Update: FBI, NCMEC joins search for missing girl who may have walked away ‘disoriented’

In other news, here is a quote of LE indeed confirming a sighting. This was early on:

Mono County Sheriff's Office

And here is a quote from sheriff Braun that three people saw her that morning:

Search warrants issued, data pulled from electronic devices in search for missing teen

You don't sound stupid. LE states she was seen walking to the highway. There's room for debate. No one can say what's happened here.

As far as someone grabbing her off the street, that's possible. SM's use of past tense is concerning though.

But overall I think it would have to be some incredible coincidences for her to have gone through all that, been paranoid, left the house in the dark, walked toward a rather remote highway and been coincidentally spotted by a predator who she got in the vehicle with, despite being paranoid.

And the human trafficking angle? Se would fit the demographic if she had indeed been a troubled runaway. I see no evidence of that.

Trafficking is a popular and overstated theory in cases of missing causasian women and children. Traffickers wouldn't be out at that time of the morning roaming around in the remote desert looking for "product".

They wake in the afternoons, work late and know where to find their prey. And it's not in the middle of nowhere.
Yes I’m really disappointed in Dr Phil saying she’s been taken into sex trafficking after he heard the tape. I’m blown away that he literally said she ran away bc she was high. Ugh. We really need LE to hear something besides the runaway theory bc all angles should be kept on the table. I think we should lean more toward the knowledge of the homicide detective and not a Dr. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654