CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching DP now, Karlie did ask her SM to call 911 according to the tape.
Wrong. SM & dads versions was true. Birth mom & her investigator lied to DR. Phil about the tape. Dr Phil asked the investigator point plan "Did Karlie ask to call 911 or did she ask would you call 911 if something happened to me"? The investigator lied.

I agree with mom on DP, her theory makes sense. OD and panic.
Don't agree. Moms theory makes no sense. If Karlie did die of overdose, SM had no fear of being called out for not calling 911 as SM had the only evidence in her possession on her cell phone. Plus Karlie did not ask SM on the recorded message to call 911. Therefore, SM had no reason to cover up an overdose per BM theory.

Unfortunately, episode 2 of Dr Phil didn't reveal much more than already posted here.

BioM hired private investigator 5 days after KG reported missing.

Dr Phil did listen to audio off the air, and confirmed that KG appeared to be hallucinating. Also confirmed that SM assured KG she would call 911 if something happened to her. This has been translated by bio mom and others as KG asking her to phone 911, and nobody called for help.

I do agree with bioM that KG should be considered "missing -endangered" as she was not thinking clearly when last seen by her family.

MOO

Wrong. SM & dads versions was true. Birth mom & her investigator lied to DR. Phil about the tape. Dr Phil asked the investigator point plan "Did Karlie ask to call 911 or did she ask would you call 911 if something happened to me"? The investigator lied.

How do we know the investigator and mom lied and why would they? It took dad and SM a day to get the tape to Dr. Phil. Who knows whether t was edited. How much he heard versus the mom, etc.

Lol. Yes, I saw this as I continued watching.

There are at least two tapes, as far as we're told. If I were guilty, I'd sure as heck give the one that backs up my story to Dr. Phil to hear. This doesn't mean that in the other one (SM said it was earlier but that doesn't mean anything as her story is all over the place) she asks for her to call 911.

Don't agree. Moms theory makes no sense. If Karlie did die of overdose, SM had no fear of being called out for not calling 911 as SM had the only evidence in her possession on her cell phone. Plus Karlie did not ask SM on the recorded message to call 911. Therefore, SM had no reason to cover up an overdose per BM theory.
Great that you have an opinion bwt42!

Well of course they could have fear if the child they had custody of died of an overdose in their home. Especially if they were also under the influence. Or failed to call 911 for several hours.

They might have felt they could be in trouble for neglect or have the other kids taken away due to what happened to Karlie.

Maybe they had drugs in their home.

Who knows?

There are at least two tapes, as far as we're told. If I were guilty, I'd sure as heck give the one that backs up my story to Dr. Phil to hear. This doesn't mean that in the other one (SM said it was earlier but that doesn't mean anything as her story is all over the place) she asks for her to call 911.
Thank you for clarifying re:tapes

EBM

This is a confusing case. I wish I had time to list all the facts or statements with back up links.

Dates. Times. Witnesses. Weather. Sunrise. Car repair. Removing the kids that morning. What people said about the tape or tapes. Inconsistent statements. Lies. Changing statements. Excuses. What LE has stated about the case. Every direct quote from them. Agencies involved. Evidence found. Tips. Locations. Foot prints in the desert? Bloody shirt found? What the parents remember and fail to remember. Their movements. Their statements about where they were, what they did and saw.

Nothing fits perfectly.

I'm sorry, I meant to say that in the undisclosed tape, Karlie may have asked SM outright to call 911.

Another thing bothers me.. if Karlie was so out of it, why didn't SM video the situation? It sounds as though Karlie wouldn't have even known.
I don't know how I feel about saying this out load but what if her father was drinking but not asleep as he/they so adamantly professed and became violent toward Karlie. They wouldn't want injuries/signs of abuse on camera.
I'm not a doctor but a head injury could make one delirious/acting strangely.

Is there an edit function? ETA: They went as far as having Karlie sign a sworn statement regarding drug use and either about to have some sort of therapy (I forget where, but it's in this thread) or already had that therapy/classes/whatever.
Doesn't sound like they were very okay about a 16 yo smoking a little pot.

How do we know the investigator and mom lied and why would they? It took dad and SM a day to get the tape to Dr. Phil. Who knows whether t was edited. How much he heard versus the mom, etc.
BBM, I don't believe that the BM lied. She only partially listened to the tape once under duress and when the daughter brings it up you can imagine what the BM is thinking. Also keep in mind that DP is listening to it for the first time by himself and seemed to listen to it one time by himself using their device. He didn't get a copy.

Like their stories, I don't trust that the tape hasn't changed over time. It has never been publicly released, even though it has a ton of relevance. And while the played it for the BM the first day, it wasn't apparent that they went out of their way to alert police to it.

Okay Your theory is the tape was a fake. Nothing to discuss.

Do you have a link for it took a day to get the tape to Dr, Phil?

Okay Your theory is the tape was a fake. Nothing to discuss.

Easy. That's not my theory. I don't know. But you made a super definitive statement that the mom and investigator lied.

I'm asking how we know the mom and investigator both lied? Dr. Phil heard audio. How do we know that was the same exact thing mom heard? And the investigator? How do we know how many tapes there were? Or whether anything has been edited?

Why did this couple refuse to let Dr. Phil hear it at first? Why did they lie and say they were never asked for it? (I believe Dr. Phil).

I don't think they had the technical expertise to "fake" audio. But it's not hard to cut stuff out, have different versions. Have more than one audio and only play one.

The facts of this case are the dad and SM have lied, admittedly, and changed their stories several times. That's absolute fact.

But we don't have proof that bio mom and her investigator lied. Not that I've seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member