CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way it was described how Karlie was feeling and what she was experiencing I wonder if there was talk about taking her to urgent care. She might have been afraid to do that if she had taken other drugs than smoking weed.

Did she lock the door after she supposedly left at 5 or 6 am?

Does the SM expect us to believe that she (the SM) was a rise and shine early bird checking up on all of the sleeping kids but failed to realize that the teen she was sleeping with just vanished?

According to the bio mom, the dad/stepmom told her that when they got up the door was slightly cracked. I take it that's the front door? And a cracked door would make sense with an escaping 5-yr old, but not for a 16-yr old. By 16 someone's already programmed to close a door behind them.

According to the bio mom, the dad/stepmom told her that when they got up the door was slightly cracked. I take it that's the front door? And a cracked door would make sense with an escaping 5-yr old, but not for a 16-yr old. By 16 someone's already programmed to close a door behind them.

But you might leave it slightly open if you don't want anyone to hear the door closing?

The thing I keep in mind is there are 3 sightings of her that the police have confirmed as legitimate. So she did leave and was seen. So imo that also leads to a runaway (or she left the house on her own) scenario.

So then the problem is; could she have hitch hiked and someone picked her up? Or like I said before she is being hidden. I know to some that sounds far fetched. I probably wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't seen it happen in my own town.

But you might leave it slightly open if you don't want anyone to hear the door closing?

The thing I keep in mind is there are 3 sightings of her that the police have confirmed as legitimate. So she did leave and was seen. So imo that also leads to a runaway (or she left the house on her own) scenario.

So then the problem is; could she have hitch hiked and someone picked her up? Or like I said before she is being hidden. I know to some that sounds far fetched. I probably wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't seen it happen in my own town.

There are supposed to have been three sightings, but can we be sure they were of Karlie and not some other female who looks similar?

I was just about to say the same thing. How many times have there been "sightings" of missing kids? Often they are resemblances but not the missing child.

Didn't SM's account do what Karlie was wearing, change after the sightings came in?

What was the SM wearing that morning. Didn't she say she was out searching on foot?

Didn't SM's account do what Karlie was wearing, change after the sightings came in?

What was the SM wearing that morning. Didn't she say she was out searching on foot?
Yes, SM said Karlie was wearing skinny jeans, vans shoes and a T-shirt based on the fact that she was sleeping in a T-shirt and always wears skinny jeans and vans. She didn’t actually see her wearing that.

That changed when three witnesses observed someone matching karlies description in white T-shirt and gray sweatpants.

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave wrong description of my daughters clothes
Karlie Guse Stepmom Admits: I Gave The Wrong Description Of My Daughter's Clothes Crime Stories With Nancy Grace podcast

According to the NG show with the dad and stepmom, the stepmom first said that Karlie was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. That later changed to white-t-shirt and grey sweat pants, which is what the sightings said the girl they saw was wearing. The dad and step-mom said they had no idea what clothing could be missing from Karlie's closet as she has so many clothes so they couldn't definitively say what was missing.

The stepmom did say on NG that the last time she saw Karlie that Karlie was wearing a white t-shirt and underwear but not pants.

The neighborhood only has 35 homes. I can’t imagine there would be another young lady walking around that early on a Saturday morning.

Yes, I agree. We don't know how far the people were from the female they saw, I don't know how light it was, and I don't recall the times of the sightings. Technically if someone's fairly far away, then any female with long hair and slim build could have been mistaken for Karlie? But is it the time of year to be out in t-shirt and sweatpants...I suppose if someone was out for a jog that would be appropriate clothing. I guess if LE knocked on doors they would have asked if anyone was out jogging that morning and if it was someone else then LE would tell the family that one or more of the sightings might not be Karlie.

We don't really know enough about Karlie to know if she would walk out without packing a bag and taking her phone. It seems she has at least three people she could call if she had taken the phone with her, an older brother, her boyfriend, and her mom. If she was feeling like she wanted to get away, then she could have called her mom to see if she could visit or move permanently back to her mom's?

Maybe Karlie did go out for a walk, hadn't eaten much since the previous day and still suffering after effects of the pot and being up all night and had a fainting attack? Why wouldn't sniffer dogs be able to follow a trail to her? Could Karlie have thumbed a lift in a car on the highway? Would there be a lot of traffic at 7.30am on a Saturday?

Except these were 3 witnesses who said they saw somebody that may/may not be KG as they'd never seen her before. Family very new to the neighborhood -- moved there from town 14 miles away (same town where KG attended HS). Witnesses described KG the person as wearing clothing contrary to what SM said she was wearing. And one of the 3 witnesses was an elderly man who said he was siting in his hot tub (but it was still dark out @ 6:30 when he said he saw her).

According to the NG show with the dad and stepmom, the stepmom first said that Karlie was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. That later changed to white-t-shirt and grey sweat pants, which is what the sightings said the girl they saw was wearing. The dad and step-mom said they had no idea what clothing could be missing from Karlie's closet as she has so many clothes so they couldn't definitively say what was missing.

The stepmom did say on NG that the last time she saw Karlie that Karlie was wearing a white t-shirt and underwear but not pants.

Yes, I agree. We don't know how far the people were from the female they saw, I don't know how light it was, and I don't recall the times of the sightings. Technically if someone's fairly far away, then any female with long hair and slim build could have been mistaken for Karlie? But is it the time of year to be out in t-shirt and sweatpants...I suppose if someone was out for a jog that would be appropriate clothing. I guess if LE knocked on doors they would have asked if anyone was out jogging that morning and if it was someone else then LE would tell the family that one or more of the sightings might not be Karlie.

We don't really know enough about Karlie to know if she would walk out without packing a bag and taking her phone. It seems she has at least three people she could call if she had taken the phone with her, an older brother, her boyfriend, and her mom. If she was feeling like she wanted to get away, then she could have called her mom to see if she could visit or move permanently back to her mom's?

Maybe Karlie did go out for a walk, hadn't eaten much since the previous day and still suffering after effects of the pot and being up all night and had a fainting attack? Why wouldn't sniffer dogs be able to follow a trail to her? Could Karlie have thumbed a lift in a car on the highway? Would there be a lot of traffic at 7.30am on a Saturday?

I have wondered if Karlie ran away in fear and was chased down and run over by someone angry.

Except these were 3 witnesses who said they saw somebody that may/may not be KG as they'd never seen her before. Family very new to the neighborhood -- moved there from town 14 miles away (same town where KG attended HS). Witnesses described KG the person as wearing clothing contrary to what SM said she was wearing. And one of the 3 witnesses was an elderly man who said he was siting in his hot tub (but it was still dark out @ 6:30 when he said he saw her).

And wasn't it after the sightings that SM changed her account of what Karlie was wearing?

Yes, SM said Karlie was wearing skinny jeans, vans shoes and a T-shirt based on the fact that she was sleeping in a T-shirt and always wears skinny jeans and vans. She didn’t actually see her wearing that.

That changed when three witnesses observed someone matching karlies description in white T-shirt and gray sweatpants.

Karlie Guse stepmom admits: I gave wrong description of my daughters clothes
Karlie Guse Stepmom Admits: I Gave The Wrong Description Of My Daughter's Clothes Crime Stories With Nancy Grace podcast

Thanks for that.

If the sightings are right then she left of her own volition in my mind. If LE has confirmed those sighting then its confirmed.

I was just watching Live PD and they spot lighted this girl with an interview with bio mom.
She said when Karlie got home she was very paranoid and weirded out but her parents got her settled down and put to bed.
I decided to come read about her here. What day of the week did she become missing?
Forgive me if this isn't new news, I skipped over the thread to post what I just heard.

Right. I have only heard SM confirm on Nancy Grace that the police spoke to the people who say they saw a girl or woman in grey sweatpants that morning. I have not seen LE confirm that the person was Karlie. I hope they already checked security cameras, etc.

Separately, I find it odd if she's wearing sweatpants. If she was going to run away, wouldn't she wear what she normally wears (and was wearing in every picture released of her) - jeans? SM says she was sleeping in a tshirt and underwear, so it's not like she was wearing sweatpants to sleep and left in them. She'd have to pick sweatpants over her regular pants. SM said she owns many, many pairs of jeans (I forget the number, she may have said 20 pairs).

Right. I have only heard SM confirm on Nancy Grace that the police spoke to the people who say they saw a girl or woman in grey sweatpants that morning. I have not seen LE confirm that the person was Karlie. I hope they already checked security cameras, etc.

Separately, I find it odd if she's wearing sweatpants. If she was going to run away, wouldn't she wear what she normally wears (and was wearing in every picture released of her) - jeans? SM says she was sleeping in a tshirt and underwear, so it's not like she was wearing sweatpants to sleep and left in them. She'd have to pick sweatpants over her regular pants. SM said she owns many, many pairs of jeans (I forget the number, she may have said 20 pairs).
Mono Sheriff confirms witnesses on their Facebook page

"next morning, around 5:45 a.m., Melissa said she went through her usual routine of opening the kids’ doors and saying good morning to them. She told Dateline she saw Karlie in her bed at that time. Melissa said she then went back to sleep for a little bit"
Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home

Why would she wake the kids up that early on a Saturday morning???
Something doesn't smell right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member