Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to Sami's statement, and the statement Placer County Sheriff's Office put out:

Sami: "At about 12:36 a.m. I saw a call from her, so she called me. I was on my way home from the party and I was... she was supposed to give me a ride home, but I'd already told her I didn't need a ride home. And I answered it and she said, 'hey where are you? do you still need a ride home' and I was like, 'no I already told you this, we're all good. I'm like in the car right now like, thank you so much' and she was like, 'yeah course, love you, goodnight, like, I'll see you tomorrow' and I was like 'ok, love you, see you tomorrow, be safe' and then after that nobody's had any contact or sighting of her. So, it's been complete radio silence, her phone has been off, her like, location isn't on and nobody seems to have reportedly even seen her after 12:30 a.m., so." (Sami Smith interview with Fox 40)

PCSO: "She was last seen at the party on August 6th, 2022, at approximately 12:30 a.m." and "Kiely's phone has been out of service since the party." (per Facebook page)

So no exact time on when the phone was turned off.
Thank you. It would be helpful to know if the phone went "out of service" at 1 am or 3 am or 6 am. I suppose LE hasn't released that detail yet. Or maybe they haven't received her cell data from the service provider and don't yet know the exact time themselves? IMO

AUG 8

She had driven herself to the party and last texted her mother, Lindsey, at 11.30pm to tell her she would soon be driving herself home.

She was last seen alive at 12.30am at the party and had told friends that she was too inebriated to drive herself home.

The other kids left the party - which drew over 100 kids, including some she'd never met before - and Kiely hasn't been seen since.

She was due to meet up with her friends at a Starbucks on Saturday morning at 9am to set off on a camping trip but she didn't show up, sparking fear among her friends and prompting her mother Lindsey to call 911.

BBM. More at Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'
Can you please link the source that indicated she "told friends that she was too inebriated to drive herself home"? I have not seen that. It makes sense but I'm curious as to who she said that to.

Also, her mom said in the interview that she woke up at 8:00 a.m. to find Kiely not home. So it's possible she tried calling her from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. but her phone was off, and then when the friends indicated she didn't show up at 9:00 a.m. she called police. Simply trying to tie it together - not confirmed.

‘She’s confident in the outdoors she grew up in this lodge that you have to snowmobile in and out of in the winter… she was a safe and confident driver. One time a year ago my daughter was ill and I asked can you bring her home and she said “no” because she had been drinking.

‘Her phone’s off, her credit card hasn’t been used, she didn’t take the cash that she knows her parents keep at home and nobody heard any whispers about her planning to leave.

Have they been doing this type of searching closer to her parent's home in case she was able to get, say, 3/4 of the way home and then passed out or had an accident there? I realize that searching the area where you were last seen makes sense, but they seem to be searching bodies of water in the other direction from her parent's home. Maybe the comment by her friend that she seemed too inebriated to drive is leading them toward abduction and that she couldn't have driven herself very far away.
They are way out over Carpenter Valley now. They are tracing every rd and ravine out from where she was.

Helicopters from @PlacerSheriff and @WashoeSheriff take part in the ongoing search for #KielyRodni.

FZrBTOEWIAI_SCN

‘She’s confident in the outdoors she grew up in this lodge that you have to snowmobile in and out of in the winter… she was a safe and confident driver. One time a year ago my daughter was ill and I asked can you bring her home and she said “no” because she had been drinking.

‘Her phone’s off, her credit card hasn’t been used, she didn’t take the cash that she knows her parents keep at home and nobody heard any whispers about her planning to leave.

Looks like "Anna Larson is the mother of one of Kiely's best friends, and is also Lindsey's best friend. She told DailyMail.com that Kiely was too drunk to be able to drive herself home."

Thanks.

I went to daily mail and read this myself. Their reporting is notoriously misleading to be sensational but it sounds like Kiely's mom is saying that she was aware of Kiely drinking when she was 15 and considered her responsible about it?

Marking my post here
On local news coverage they are saying police think she is abducted

TRUCKEE, Calif. —
The 16-year-old missing teenager who was last seen at a party in Truckee is now being treated as an abduction case, Placer County Sheriff's Office confirmed Sunday night.
Rodni went missing early Saturday morning near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee, authorities said. Her car, a silver 2013 Honda CRV with California license plate “8YUR127” is also missing, which is why law enforcement believes she has been abducted.

I'm glad she's being looked for and I admit I feel it too but this is a textbook case of "missing white girl" phenomenon. No girl of color or male or mature woman would generate this kind of media response, bending over backwards to advance a story other than what almost certainly happened.

For $50,000 I'm about to go on Google Maps and get my anonymous tip code for each of the 20 most likely places to drive into the lake.

AUG 8

She had driven herself to the party and last texted her mother, Lindsey, at 11.30pm to tell her she would soon be driving herself home.

She was last seen alive at 12.30am at the party and had told friends that she was too inebriated to drive herself home.

The other kids left the party - which drew over 100 kids, including some she'd never met before - and Kiely hasn't been seen since.

She was due to meet up with her friends at a Starbucks on Saturday morning at 9am to set off on a camping trip but she didn't show up, sparking fear among her friends and prompting her mother Lindsey to call 911.

BBM. More at Missing Kiely Rodni was 'too drunk to drive when she vanished'
So when she called her mom at 11:30 to tell her she was leaving at 12:15 and driving herself home, did the mom not notice she was drunk on the phone? And if it's true that she told her friends she was too drunk to drive herself home, why didn't any of them offer to have her ride in their car? If indeed she DID tell people she was too drunk to drive, it does seem possible that a stranger offered to drive her in her car.

So when she called her mom at 11:30 to tell her she was leaving at 12:15 and driving herself home, did the mom not notice she was drunk on the phone? And if it's true that she told her friends she was too drunk to drive herself home, why didn't any of them offer to have her ride in their car? If indeed she DID tell people she was too drunk to drive, it does seem possible that a stranger offered to drive her in her car.
She texted her mom.

"The last text I got from her was at 11:30 that night saying that she was going to be leaving the party at 12:15 AM and coming straight home. I asked her to wake me up when she got home, like is always the case, and she said, 'Ok mama, I love you.' And then she never came home, and I woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning," Rodni-Nieman continued."

LE should be inquiring among the party-goers if a group left with one less person than they arrived with. Someone who possibly volunteered to "drive her home". IMO

"I'll drive you home in your car then... Stay in your room with you? Walk the 12 miles back to the party? Drive back in your car so it's still in the same place it would have been if you got a ride with someone? Get picked up by my buddy who's following us?" None of those are impossible but pretty implausible to me.

Do any locals know where the parking area is in relation to where the party was? Just wondering if it was a long walk away and so something could have happened to her walking back to her car in the dark, alone, if many party goers had left by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman