Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, the trees are so dense there! I bet there's hardly any daylight in there!
I wonder if she went off road somewhere and into the woods if her car will be located?! I can't imagine there are many hiking trails inside these dense forests?! Too remote, dark and bear-ish? So no-one may come across her car, if it is in the woods.

1660004339645.png

Last edited:
Right... When did this "party" begin? Was there a barbecue? Why did she and her friend arrive so late, in the dark? Why did she drive alone and not with friends? It must be pitch black there at night to navigate the route home. If these "events" routinely take place there, does LE just ignore them or do they pull cars over left and right for DUIs after the event disperses? The drinking age in CA is 21 so every single high school grad there who may have been drinking was doing so illegally. Who supplied it? What liability does the campground owner have or are these "get togethers" just so large and out of control there isn't anything they can do on their own?
She didn't arrive with her friend. Her friend said Kiely arrived 1 hour after she did.

The party was near the campground, not actually on it.

I am sure her friends regret not staying with her now that all this has happened. Or, maybe they had reason to believe she was okay or with another friend, etc. It’s hard to say and probably more to the story than what’s been released.
I have been more than impressed with her friends’ abilities to organize these searches, speak with LE, and make meaningful statements to the media thus far.

I am sure her friends regret not staying with her now that all this has happened. Or, maybe they had reason to believe she was okay or with another friend, etc. It’s hard to say and probably more to the story than what’s been released.
I have been more than impressed with her friends’ abilities to organize these searches, speak with LE, and make meaningful statements to the media thus far.
Agree! There's only so much she'll have been advised to disclose, I'm sure.

She didn't arrive with her friend. Her friend said Kiely arrived 1 hour after she did.

The party was near the campground, not actually on it.
Correct. Her friend arrived at 21.00hrs and Kiely at 22.00hrs......but both could be considered 'late' to arrive, depending on what time it started.
And neither of them stayed there longer than 3 hours.

Right, I realize that they arrived separately. What I meant was - why did they both arrive so late? What party starts after dark?
A lot of parties around there often don’t begin until the sun starts to go down. It’s not uncommon to arrive around then, especially at a party where people were planning to stay the night.

Right, I realize that they arrived separately. What I meant was - why did they both arrive so late? What party starts after dark?
Young people parties. Many of them don't start getting ready to go out until 10 p.m. OR, they come from another party to join a party in progress late. The energy of youth.

Young people parties. Many of them don't start getting ready to go out until 10 p.m. OR, they come from another party to join a party in progress late. The energy of youth.

Yes. This. We are forgetting what it was like to be 16 and carefree, plus the fact that these millennials go out to clubs, bars and parties later than ever now.

A couple points from a local….

As I am typing, literally helicopters have been flying non stop… dogs barking etc. This is normally a very quiet sleepy neighborhood.

- the party was on National Forest land, outside of the campground. There is no bbq pit, fire ring, “camp host” etc.
- my daughters went to multiple of these parties, but typically with 20-30 of their friends. As parents we knew what kids were there, where they were, no driving, and keep tabs on each other etc.
- there is wild life out there… mostly coyotes and a couple of bears. With a large crowd like that… bears would be clear out of there.
- Coldstream canyon is fairly rugged but a pretty well maintained gravel road. I am sure that has been combed well.
- Boca and Stampede reservoirs. Those are bigger and deeper. Definitely some areas where a submerged car could be. Both are opposite directions from her home. Obviously if she were drunk, all bets are off….

Anyhow, there are a LOT of people looking…. Helicopter drone has been non stop….

Unsure how well it fits time wise but searching Snapchat stories for Truckee the driving conditions don't look good. Has a few stories from 2-3 days ago with dense fog. Imagine if her phone died too could literally have gone anywhere if the weather was bad enough.

So either her car is submerged or she has been abducted?
I. can’t think of a third possibility.

That is what it seems like, missing car and missing girl. Body of water. Have they been searching the boat ramps? Cars can go pretty car out as well. Buzzed teen gets directionally turned around in the dark, follows a road, it is a ramp in a lake. That seems most plausible. sadly. There are a lot of places to make wrong turns and a lot of roads leading into water.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 6.26.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 6.26.07 PM.png
    572.6 KB · Views: 18
There's one circling the Stampede Reservoir atm.

ETA: Placer County Sheriff Helicopter.
That's scary to contemplate -- but it's got to be done.
Her poor parents must be going nutz.
Every minute that ticks by with no word.

She's only 16 years old -- probably just getting the hang of driving at night, apparently under the influence. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member