Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLACER COUNTY, Ca. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) is asking for the public's help in locating missing 16-year-old teen, Kiely Rodni.

According to PCSO, Kiely was last seen at around 12:30 a.m. on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was said to be at a party with a huge group of minors and young adults. Her car is also not located at the party and her phone has been out of service.

Kiely is described as:
  • Caucasian female
  • Five-feet-seven-inches tall
  • Weights 115 pounds
  • Blonde hair
  • Hazel eyes
  • Green Dickies pants, black tank top, multiple piercings and jewelry with a nose ring
Her car is a silver 2013 Honda CRV with a California license plate of 8YUR127.

Anyone with information on Kiely's whereabouts is urged to call PCSO at (530) 886-5357.

2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png

21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg

I feel most WS posters think Kiely is in the water, or off the side of the road somewhere. Yet LE is indicating possible abduction. It seems LE MUST have something to indicate abduction, but they aren't sharing whatever that is? Does that seem plausible? Goodness, it seems unlikely to have a positive outcome, regardless of the manner she went missing. :(

Sorry, I can't quote multiple posts to include it here, but if you read back a couple of posts, there is one by imstilla.grandma that includes a link to an article that states it's being handled like an abduction for investigative purposes. My guess is that opens up access to more resources for the various agencies to utilize in the search, kind of like when they declare a snowstorm a FEMA state of emergency here in NY.

I feel most WS posters think Kiely is in the water, or off the side of the road somewhere. Yet LE is indicating possible abduction. It seems LE MUST have something to indicate abduction, but they aren't sharing whatever that is? Does that seem plausible? Goodness, it seems unlikely to have a positive outcome, regardless of the manner she went missing. :(

IMO, it's pretty standard procedure for LE to keep it very close and not reveal anything, not even to counter information being put out there by family. Until someone is named or arrested or the person is found.

Recent example: Felicia Jones, the family kept saying that she was last seen at a club and LE would not confirm or deny this. Much later they released the timeline of what they believe happened and it was nowhere near the club.

All IMO.

I wish someone would invent a teen bracelet (similar to the old lady necklace people suggest I get in case I fall) that alerts their friends, parents Police or authorities someone is young drunk and needs a ride home.
My Apple Watch does the fall detection. I don't even have cell service to my watch. The iphone has to be within 50 feet or so, and it will dial 911 if my Apple Watch detects a fall and I don't respond. (Skip the Life Alert aka "old lady necklace", $50 + landline, already!) Maybe there could be a feature for over-the-limit detection? There might even be one already.
There's always the feature where you have to blow into a little apparatus or you can't drive. There's prolly one you can coordinate with an iphone, so parents can track?

My own belief us that some information or statement which they are withholding indicated a possible abduction to them.

In as far as SS offering to recieve tips on her site or cell phone- may be a good idea- there will be some attendees that may be willing to interact with SS but have no willingness to contact police or a tip line.. Even on LE tip lines- anonymunity is no longer able to be assured when you are on a cell phone-pretty much any call or text an be traced by LE…forensic data- geofencing- are case solvers for LE.

Couple of things.

<modsnip - stereotype>

It's not that easy to conceal/lose or hide a whole car, even in a heavily forested place like the Sierra. Most USFS roads are controlled y gates, and thanks to the pandemic, people are all over the Truckee-Tahoe region. It's not at all like it was when I lived in Tahoe City in the 1950s-60s.
It's practically urban in many ways. People don't just get lost in the wilderness.

Last edited by a moderator:
My own belief us that some information or statement which they are withholding indicated a possible abduction to them.

I don't believe LE would use the term abduction unless there was a specific reason. The context of using the word abduction matters, as well. LE tends to be very careful & precise with their statements, that wasn't an off-the-cuff remark.

MOO

I wonder why it is assumed that she is with or in her car. The car could have been stolen because someone wanted a riide back to the Bay Area and she was impaired and wandered off into the surrounding land or lake. Two separate events. If someone did take her car, they certainly won't come forward and say so.
That’s a really good point. Even if her car WAS still there, if she’s not in it, she could be anywhere. Picked up by someone else, or as you mention, wandered off into the forest or fell into water. Recalling the Jason Landry case, his car was found, but no sign of him.

I’m starting to get concerned by the continued evolution of her friends statements to MSM regarding the party. Each subsequent interview has more details that make the situation look more and more unsafe for an impaired girl.
Very concerning, and especially if she became extremely impaired very quickly. The talk of older guys around has me wondering if someone may have slipped a date rape drug into her drink. Is that still a thing - or am I just showing my age?

In as far as SS offering to recieve tips on her site or cell phone- may be a good idea- there will be some attendees that may be willing to interact with SS but have no willingness to contact police or a tip line.. Even on LE tip lines- anonymunity is no longer able to be assured when you are on a cell phone-pretty much any call or text an be traced by LE…forensic data- geofencing- are case solvers for LE.
As long as all tips received by anyone who is not LE get relayed back to LE and nothing gets edited...

I think by now, LE knows where and when the last cell ping was. If it was at Prosser Lake, that would indicate it was intentionally turned off (or thrown in the water), which might lean more toward foul play... unless she accidentally drove into water.

If she was confirmed to be charging her phone in her car ~11:00 to 11:30, based on her friends statements, it seems doubtful that the battery would have died soon after.

I would think LE would want to release at least some information as to the direction of the investigation (accident vs abduction vs other) to help guide the course of the searching / information gathering.

Last edited:

EXCLUSIVE: Police dive teams are working on theory that California teen Kiely Rodni, 16, may have accidentally driven into a 760-acre reservoir near campsite where she was last seen​

Police dive teams have joined the hunt for missing California teen Kiely Rodni, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show police boats and helicopters searching the Prosser Creek Reservoir – a 760-acre stretch of water directly beneath the camp ground where Kiely was last seen.

Police have blocked access roads leading to the reservoir and are believed to be working on the theory that she accidentally drove silver Honda SUV into the water which reaches a depth of 73ft. at its maximum.

A dive team from the Nevada County Sheriff's Department was also on site early Tuesday morning and was seen setting up in a spot next to the reservoir, southwest of the camping area and accessible by a dirt trail.

Blonde Kiely, 16, was last seen at a party at the Prosser Family Camp Ground in Truckee, California, in the early hours of Saturday morning at a party for high school students.

The talk of older guys around has me wondering if someone may have slipped a date rape drug into her drink. Is that still a thing - or am I just showing my age?
Not only are “date rape drugs” like ketamine and GHB still a thing, they’re often taken intentionally and recreationally — not just unknowingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983