Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel most WS posters think Kiely is in the water, or off the side of the road somewhere. Yet LE is indicating possible abduction. It seems LE MUST have something to indicate abduction, but they aren't sharing whatever that is? Does that seem plausible? Goodness, it seems unlikely to have a positive outcome, regardless of the manner she went missing. :(
the only rationale is because her car is also missing which is typical of the water crash and thats where im leaning.

Couple of things.

<modsnip - stereotype>

It's not that easy to conceal/lose or hide a whole car, even in a heavily forested place like the Sierra. Most USFS roads are controlled y gates, and thanks to the pandemic, people are all over the Truckee-Tahoe region. It's not at all like it was when I lived in Tahoe City in the 1950s-60s.
It's practically urban in many ways. People don't just get lost in the wilderness.
yet ppl disappear w their cars all the time though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your map route shows getting on I-80, which bypasses all the major businesses with cameras, so it could be very likely she could have avoided all the businesses with cameras, let's hope if she drove that way she went by a camera, but this is a very Rural area
How common are license plate readers in CA? In Illinois they have recently started to use them. LE has caught quite a number of criminals. If there were people at the party from the outside of the immediate area (Bay, etc.), they may have passed one on the way to Prosser and on their way back home. My suspicion is that Kiely's disappearance is not linked to "locals" at the party.

Do we have any idea how all of these out of area party goers learned of this party? I suspect social media of some type. I also question how it grew to over 200 people. How did all of the "older" party goers get word? It sounded like this bonfire was normally for local teens and young adults saying their good byes at the end of summer.

JMO

the only rationale is because her car is also missing which is typical of the water crash and thats where im leaning.
It's so overwhelmingly likely that I almost feel like yelling. There is almost no chance this is an abduction. I fully expect her car (and her) to be found in the next few days.

If not sooner.

SBM.

I respectfully disagree. People get lost in the wilderness all the time, and do so, sometimes forever.
Probably a third of the threads on this website are about solely that.
Usually with this big of a search though? And in a pretty specific area? It’s possible she got farther than believed though, and her car is beyond the search area.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office has said they were investigating a possible abduction because the girl’s SUV was also unaccounted for.
A spokesperson told Fox News Digital Tuesday that investigators were still "exploring all possibilities" and confirmed that teens were using alcohol and drugs at the party.

Rodni had enough drinks to become drunk, according to her friend and another recent graduate, Sami Smith, who added that she did not believe the teen would have driven under the circumstances.

"At the point when I left, I thought she was going to stay there," said Smith, who departed the campground just a few minutes before Rodni was last seen. "Everybody was camping. It was late enough that she should have stayed. She’s not the type to go and drunk drive or anything."

Smith said she spent most of the night with Rodni.
Search crews and police from multiple counties scoured through the area beginning early Tuesday morning.

They started by searching Lake Prosser by boat as the land-based search party gathered on the shoreline.

Several aircraft, including helicopters and airplanes flying in formation above, all-terrain vehicles ranging including four-wheelers, trikes and dirt bikes. There were canines present and at least 100 members of law enforcement visible, including members of the FBI, who initially focused their attention on Campsite 4.

Crews pulled the boats from the water around noon and FBI agents were seen knocking on doors in the area.
More at the link.

EXCLUSIVE: Police dive teams are working on theory that California teen Kiely Rodni, 16, may have accidentally driven into a 760-acre reservoir near campsite where she was last seen​

Police dive teams have joined the hunt for missing California teen Kiely Rodni, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show police boats and helicopters searching the Prosser Creek Reservoir – a 760-acre stretch of water directly beneath the camp ground where Kiely was last seen.

Police have blocked access roads leading to the reservoir and are believed to be working on the theory that she accidentally drove silver Honda SUV into the water which reaches a depth of 73ft. at its maximum.

A dive team from the Nevada County Sheriff's Department was also on site early Tuesday morning and was seen setting up in a spot next to the reservoir, southwest of the camping area and accessible by a dirt trail.

Blonde Kiely, 16, was last seen at a party at the Prosser Family Camp Ground in Truckee, California, in the early hours of Saturday morning at a party for high school students.

If this ends up being the case then people need held responsible for the underage drinking that went on. It would also make sense as to why no one is talking because they're afraid of the underage drinking & getting into trouble cause you can't tell me that not one person out of the 300 didn't see her drive into the lake. I bet you if that is what happened that those underage drinkers scattered out of there real quick and are afraid to talk in fear of getting in trouble.

<modsnip>
I also agree with the post above about the Dead and Company show. If she has been raging, was planning to go to college for music— maybe she went there. Also, burning man is in a couple weeks which brings everyone to the area (Reno) to pre-party and prepare. If she is a partier and angsty teen, I can imagine this could be a possibility as well. SOMEONE had to see her leave in her car. I’ve been to parties like this before and it definitely is odd that no one knew WHEN she was leaving or saw her leaving in her car. Very odd (IMO) she was intoxicated and was ALL BY HERSELF.

Red flag for me the first time she said (paraphrasing from memory) We believe she’s been abducted… I’m pretty sure she said it day one. And day two. And day three.
LE said they believe she was abducted because the car was also missing. A LOT of people and their vehicles go missing in remote areas and kidnapping is not involved, but I'm glad they are exploring ALL avenues of investigation. $50,000 reward offered to find Kiely Rodni, 16-year-old missing after Truckee campground party

Couple of things.

<modsnip - stereotype>

It's not that easy to conceal/lose or hide a whole car, even in a heavily forested place like the Sierra. Most USFS roads are controlled y gates, and thanks to the pandemic, people are all over the Truckee-Tahoe region. It's not at all like it was when I lived in Tahoe City in the 1950s-60s.
It's practically urban in many ways. People don't just get lost in the wilderness.
People CONSTANTLY get lost in the wilderness.

If this ends up being the case then people need held responsible for the underage drinking that went on. It would also make sense as to why no one is talking because they're afraid of the underage drinking & getting into trouble cause you can't tell me that not one person out of the 300 didn't see her drive into the lake. I bet you if that is what happened that those underage drinkers scattered out of there real quick and are afraid to talk in fear of getting in trouble.
I really think it's possible no one saw anything, or they were too drunk to remember if they did.

I'm sure cars were coming and going all night, and it wouldn't have taken long for a car to disappear into the water.

Been away from computer and home all day. Saw something about boats and divers going out near the boat ramp. Found an old photo from May 2018 which was a higher water year, of a picture of one of my motorcycles when I was tooling around. In the background you can see the boat ramp.

Because of the drought the last few years, the ramp ends and there is sometimes quite a bit of dirt to go over before arriving at the waters edge. I have NOT been over there this year so I cannot say what the water line looks like. Anyhow, just a visual context for folks.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpeg
    IMG_3824.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 69
I wish someone would invent a teen bracelet (similar to the old lady necklace people suggest I get in case I fall) that alerts their friends, parents Police or authorities someone is young drunk and needs a ride home.
So, here's the current/future technology from CNET. So much already possible. It would likely be possible for an iphone to automatically dial mom if the alcohol level is too high.

Very concerning, and especially if she became extremely impaired very quickly. The talk of older guys around has me wondering if someone may have slipped a date rape drug into her drink. Is that still a thing - or am I just showing my age?
No, they’re definitely still a thing, and college kids are still warned about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M