Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, in a new Gray Hughes video today he tried to estimate the speed which Kiely's car was traveling (around 1:15:00 in the video). It was a very rough measurement but he came up with approximately 12-13 mph.

@Truckeeite does that sound about right given the road condition you described?
Yes that would sound about right. I was probably going slower than that.

That's why I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around her driving in by accident. I'm more open to that being the ultimate conclusion after seeing the video. If she'd been driving 30, 40, 50 mph okay easy to miss the fact that you're totally in the wrong place.

But her car is going slowly, as you must there, in a place where even when it's dark, the wide open horizon toward the water clearly shows you're going toward the lake. It's so obviously not the heavily forested way home. Also, she had already driven some very difficult roads to get to that beach. Maybe it's too far away to tell but it didn't look like she was swerving into the bushes etc.

I wonder if we'll get to see higher resolution version of the video. There are quite a few flashes of lights that could be other cars. I think at least three cars were just around the corner (the ones that circled back up around 12:37 am). I don't know if they possibly could have had a line of sight to the beach.

We also don't know if there were other cars down there with their lights off. Or people who were out on or near the beach but not in cars.
BBM
it would be nice but i won't hold any hope for better resolution being let out IF there actually is better resolution to see.

I think people on their own outside of vehicles would be hard to see from that distance given the camera's abilities and distance.
MOO

Yes that would sound about right. I was probably going slower than that.

That's why I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around her driving in by accident. I'm more open to that being the ultimate conclusion after seeing the video. If she'd been driving 30, 40, 50 mph okay easy to miss the fact that you're totally in the wrong place.

But her car is going slowly, as you must there, in a place where even when it's dark, the wide open horizon toward the water clearly shows you're going toward the lake. It's so obviously not the heavily forested way home. Also, she had already driven some very difficult roads to get to that beach. Maybe it's too far away to tell but it didn't look like she was swerving into the bushes etc.
BBM and underlined to make it easier for me to see against the yellow background.

My thoughts exactly, such a slow speed would lead me to think Kiely would have time to swerve or turn away without going so far into the water.
IF those are her headlights across the lake and not another vehicle then it appears she tried to turn but it's really hard to say if the cr-v wasn't to far into the water by then.

The video gives me more questions and doesn't answer much of anything i wondered about before.

MOO
speculation

IMO, not to be argumentative ,the only"100% without a reasonable doubt is "Kiely Rodni was found in Prosser Lake in the back cargo seat area of her car" .......and Yes it was indeed tragic, and it would seem accurate that there is vid proof of her car going into the lake. I question the 12:36 call to Sami and what exactly was said as Keily would have been underwater by then.
BBM
This can not be ignored!

It was a very rough measurement but he came up with approximately 12-13 mph up to about 15-16 mph.
rsbm
Thanks for pointing that out @MsMarple. Quite honestly, having driven on back country roads like that spur appears to be from video by @Truckeeite and others, 12-16 mph seems unreasonably fast. IMO 5-10 mph would be more appropriate.

IOW, either GH's estimate is off by 50-60% or I am mistaken despite my experience, or the driver was being reckless, or as someone else suggested earlier today, maybe the driver was trying to get away from something or someone. IMO.

ET: fix typo

Last edited:
rsbm
Thanks for pointing that out @MsMarple. Quite honestly, haven driven on back country roads like that spur appears to be from video by @Truckeeite and others, 12-16 mph seems unreasonably fast. IMO 5-10 mph would be more appropriate.

IOW, either GH's estimate is off by 50-60% or I am mistaken despite my experience, or the driver was being reckless, or as someone else suggested earlier today, maybe the driver was trying to get away from something or someone. IMO.
Yeah, Gray was doing rough "guesstimates" so we don't have a true number. I bet the CHP MAIT could get a good estimate (and so could we if we had more information on angles and distance, lol).

Last edited:
This video provided by GH would be completely discounted as evidence in a court of law. JMO

This video provided by GH would be completely discounted as evidence in a court of law. JMO
My guess is that you could get an expert witness to testify, establish the origin of the raw video, then walk through the overlays and changes that were made to it and why, and probably get it admitted one way or another. I wonder if it could be admitted as a "public record." JMO

No other cars went into the lake that night, we can conclude that Kiely's car went into the lake that night at that time. No one drove her car into the lake with the windows up. No one pushed her car into the lake; the video is choppy because the camera shoots every 2 seconds.

It is a tragedy played out all around the world. This is why we have laws against doing drugs, minors drinking, and 16 year old children driving past their curfews because "they are ALMOST 17". We also have laws against providing alcohol to minors and harsher penalties for providing drugs to a minor. Society tries to protect them because parents don't always do so.

Should the tox reports prove intoxicants, then whomever supplied the intoxicants to the minor child that night committed a crime and caused her death.

Period.

Call me crazy, but I don't think LE would just let that slide.

My guess is that you could get an expert witness to testify, establish the origin of the raw video, then walk through the overlays and changes that were made to it and why, and probably get it admitted one way or another. I wonder if it could be admitted as a "public record." JMO
Possibly - Key words are 'expert witness'.

At 5:05 of Gray's latest video
he says (BBM)
"...kind of does a little jog back at one point, too, so you almost think like she overcompensated, then tried to steer back again to the left, but it goes into the water...."
And her wheel(s) were indeed turned to the left as her car was retrieved from the water, as seen in this article's first photo:
A dive crew found what they believe is the 2013 Honda CRV that Rodni, 16, drove to a graduation party near the lake out of Prosser Creek Reservoir Sunday afternoon.

The diver who spotted the vehicle under the water told The Post that its license plate matches the plate of the Honda Rodni was driving at the time of her disappearance.

However, police could not immediately identify the body. A spokeswoman for Rodni’s family said they had not confirmed the body was the teen’s.
a detail noted by user (and occasional illeist) @ifindedout:
Found Deceased - CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Did any YouTuber get the raw footage from the Alder Hill camera without overlays and whatnot? now I'm not able to access the camera either.

In this one, it almost looks like the two cars separate right at 12:30 am, one of the cars drives down around the bend and the other one ... does it turn around up the road and then drive into the water?

It's pure speculation but when I watched the raw footage, it was my impression that the one that drove down around the bend was lurking, re-emerged at around 12:37 and then stayed up at the top of the beach area for several more minutes. It's speculation, pure speculation, but given the "conference" before 12:30 am I wondered if that lurking car could be the "getaway" car.

Note that a higher resolution video could make that less likely.

I question the 12:36 call to Sami and what exactly was said as Keily would have been underwater by then.
Don’t forget, Sami was the one reporting this this. Law enforcement always said 12:33 was the last communication from Kiely’s phone. Sami could have made a mistake or the time could be off on her phone for some reason.

Don’t forget, Sami was the one reporting this this. Law enforcement always said 12:33 was the last communication from Kiely’s phone. Sami could have made a mistake or the time could be off on her phone for some reason.
She could have made a mistake. IMO anyone recognizing the seriousness of this situation would have checked their phone log and been absolutely certain the time of this call. This has always troubled me.

BBM

this to me says that it's more still images than actual video. Enough still images linked together can appear to be video but aren't technically video.
something like stop motion photography.

or this: still image film similar to old silent movies
Yeah. Definitely not transmitting “video” as we commonly know it. I’ll post some astounding info about system capabilities later.

Did any YouTuber get the raw footage from the Alder Hill camera without overlays and whatnot? now I'm not able to access the camera either.

In this one, it almost looks like the two cars separate right at 12:30 am, one of the cars drives down around the bend and the other one ... does it turn around up the road and then drive into the water?

It's pure speculation but when I watched the raw footage, it was my impression that the one that drove down around the bend was lurking, re-emerged at around 12:37 and then stayed up at the top of the beach area for several more minutes. It's speculation, pure speculation, but given the "conference" before 12:30 am I wondered if that lurking car could be the "getaway" car.

Note that a higher resolution video could make that less likely.

BBM and UBM
I think at least 1 other got the raw video.

Do you mean the car on the other side of the water just north of where Kiely was found or the one on the road that leads to that turn to the water?

I do think that "getaway car" is an option given how much we do not know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back