Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing is....they can confirm the time of the call....but not the content.
RSBM for clarity
BBM & UBM

this may or may not be true. there has been rumors for years that most if not all phone calls get recorded; IF anybody listens to them is another question entirely.

Some people (Edward Snowden included) have hinted at this for many years now.
Not much would surprise me with technology how it is

from below article: "there is a way. We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation"

Last edited:
rsbm

That would make sense, that Kiely’s call to SS distracted her while she was driving — except SS mentioned that she heard party noise while she was talking to Kiely & SS determined that Kiely was still at the party when they talked. Which makes sense, as Kiely called SS to ask if she still needed a ride home, something she would do before she left the party.

It’d be interesting to find out if LE ever confirmed the time of that call because the time & the details aren’t adding up when considering this new footage.

MOO
That's right, I had forgotten that she said she heard party noises. So Kiely may have been in her car just before she headed out. However, if some people had their windows down and were noisy or were playing music, I suppose SS may have heard that in the background while Keily was driving to the intersection where she made the wrong turn. I think LE has looked at the phone data and confirmed the call, we just haven't heard the details yet. They did say there was possibly lost data, but as for the timing of the call, I think they will have a pretty good idea of the order of events. Obviously it couldn't have been after Kiely drove into the lake. Maybe it was actually at 12:26. That would make sense if she was still near the party when she called.

That's right, I had forgotten that she said she heard party noises. So Kiely may have been in her car just before she headed out. However, if some people had their windows down and were noisy or were playing music, I suppose SS may have heard that in the background while Keily was driving to the intersection where she made the wrong turn. I think LE has looked at the phone data and confirmed the call, we just haven't heard the details yet. They did say there was possibly lost data, but as for the timing of the call, I think they will have a pretty good idea of the order of events. Obviously it couldn't have been after Kiely drove into the lake. Maybe it was actually at 12:26. That would make sense if she was still near the party when she called.
Why would Kiely call SS to ask if she was giving her a ride home while she was driving away from the party? If SS said yes then Kiely would have to turn around and go back to get her.

I agree with you that LE has the phone data so for now IMO it's just a minor mystery that's easily solved. MOO.

Sami said she said goodbye in person to Kiely at 12:25, then got a call from her at 12:36.

Why would Kiely call SS to ask if she was giving her a ride home while she was driving away from the party? If SS said yes then Kiely would have to turn around and go back to get her.

I agree with you that LE has the phone data so for now IMO it's just a minor mystery that's easily solved. MOO.
I think SS said Kiely had already said goodbye 10 minutes before, and then called again to say goodbye and ask again if she needed a ride? It seemed like she was implying that Kiely forgot the conversation and called to ask her again. But I think it's likely that SS did not remember every conversation herself. Didn't she say she was very intoxicated? Or maybe she just doesn't want to reveal what was said. I don't place too much importance in her recollection. I doubt she would be able to recall the order of events exactly. Either way, I don't think LE has confirmed any of SS's account. I would think the data from the car would be more important than the call, though.

As to where she was at the time, I think Kiely called her to make sure SS was ok and had a ride before she left. It fits with the timeline. She may have been tired, and possibly disoriented. She probably didn't see what was coming until it was too late. Imo.

Reasonable: at 12:25 SS tells KR that she's going to find another way home, just not what that way is. At 12:30ish, Kiely calls SS to see if she'd actually found a ride. Goes to Kiely's character IMO that she'd confirm. Friend rule. Kiely wasn't going to leave SS behind.

JMO

Considering how many years and generations have been using this place for parties, getting drunk and doing drugs while going down these roads.....why Kiley was the one case to plow into the lake. One would think taking a wrong turn into the lake would have happened before this.

There actually HAVE been others recently, but not related to the teen party scene:

Not clear if a vehicle was involved in this drowning: Nevada Man Drowns in Prosser Resevoir - KNCO

I'm curious what would turn up in a search of alcohol/substance related fatal accidents in the area?

RSBM for clarity
BBM & UBM

this may or may not be true. there has been rumors for years that most if not all phone calls get recorded; IF anybody listens to them is another question entirely.

Some people (Edward Snowden included) have hinted at this for many years now.
Not much would surprise me with technology how it is

from below article: "there is a way. We certainly have ways in national security investigations to find out exactly what was said in that conversation"

Good point. I have joked around with friends at various times during calls if anyone said something silly or opinionated, and we all go "Hello Nice Agent, we're just kidding." but I've never really considered it seriously.

The storage of this just boggles my mind.

Good point. I have joked around with friends at various times during calls if anyone said something silly or opinionated, and we all go "Hello Nice Agent, we're just kidding." but I've never really considered it seriously.

The storage of this just boggles my mind.
The capabilities of certain (governmental) groups around the world is mostly unknown.
There are even some books that people have written that talk about this and more.
book titles and authors:
"ghost in the wires" Kevin Mitnick
"the snowden files" Luke Harding

Did we ever discover whether the passenger front window was up, down or smashed when diver Nick was inspecting the car? I'm not sure how it wouldn't be obvious if the window was broken but I can't find a definitive answer.

Volunteers found missing California teen Kiely Mai Rodni, 16, in the back of her own sport utility vehicle under 14 feet of water in a reservoir, members of the search and rescue effort said in a YouTube video. The front passenger side window of the vehicle was either “down” or “broken out,” and the rear driver side window was about half open, the video footage indicated.

Did we ever discover whether the passenger front window was up, down or smashed when diver Nick was inspecting the car? I'm not sure how it wouldn't be obvious if the window was broken but I can't find a definitive answer.
RSBM and BBM

While nobody (LE) has really said either way;
I personally think the window was down and not broken. The channel in the door where the window sits when it is closed did not appear to have any captured broken glass in it.

this is a capture from the AWP video from the diver

Attachments

• 98422D27-CF02-4A5E-AA6C-D8E9B007CBC6.jpeg
    98422D27-CF02-4A5E-AA6C-D8E9B007CBC6.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 24
RSBM and BBM

While nobody (LE) has really said either way;
I personally think the window was down and not broken. The channel in the door where the window sits when it is closed did not appear to have any captured broken glass in it.

this is a capture from the AWP video from the diver
That window appears still to be intact. note the reflection of the light on it?

That window appears still to be intact. note the reflection of the light on it?
I think you and i are talking about different windows.

I mean the passenger side window. The driver side was broken by LE.

I appear to have attached the wrong image. My bad. Let me go grab a different one @MsMarple

ETA: proper Image time stamp: 38:10

Attachments

• AD6EA83E-C7B9-4295-8858-10AFF345D815.jpeg
    AD6EA83E-C7B9-4295-8858-10AFF345D815.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
There actually HAVE been others recently, but not related to the teen party scene:

Not clear if a vehicle was involved in this drowning: Nevada Man Drowns in Prosser Resevoir - KNCO

I'm curious what would turn up in a search of alcohol/substance related fatal accidents in the area?

And so I repeat what I said about 7 threads ago. Why do we have roads that lead to water?

Understood, @BeckyF , but LE does not seem to want to confirm anything. They may know a lot but not too good at communications.
No kidding :) You summed those key factors up succinctly.
I vote @R.U.Kidding! as the winner of understatement of ALL these many threads!!! Seriously, thank you for the dry humor and chuckles.
How many days until Tuesday 11/1?
Not that I’m counting or anything.

Which I recall was initially elaborately explained by SS as an indication of how out of it Kiely was saying she had forgotten in 10 minutes that they had hugged and said good night, love you.
And SS made it very clear in her Tony Dodge interview (post with video link sanctioned by WS, below), that when KR called SS at 12:36am (as SS recalled) SS was in the passenger seat of her ride. So she seemed to have detailed memory.

The camera frames/video closes the timeline for me.

Kiely had one last phone call (to see if her friend needed a ride) while still parked. Took the short drive from parking to the turn where others went left, she went right.

It's possible that Kiely was already driving when she made that call, and it was music on the radio that sounded like the party, but I think Kiely was still parked for that call.

It is heart-numbing to see the Alder Hill images from 12:34... peaceful, placid reservior... like it never happened.

It happened so fast.

RIP Kiely.

JMO
So let me get this right. KR can make a phone cal intelligently but doesnt know the difference between a dirt path a fork she has been on many times as she lives closeby and has most likely in the dark partied in the area before but she can't tell the beach from water or vice versa nor the dirt path, yet she has clarity to make a phonecall to the correct person and be coherent for the person to understand. Doesn't seem drunk to me or inebriated.

There was more than one party area how do know which one she was at? IIRC not everone left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back