Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, in a new Gray Hughes video today he tried to estimate the speed which Kiely's car was traveling (around 1:15:00 in the video). It was a very rough measurement but he came up with approximately 12-13 mph up to about 15-16 mph.

@Truckeeite does that sound about right given the road condition you described?

Was wondering if Speed = Distance/Time
would apply here.

Plotting Distance:

If someone is familiar with the landmarks and local maps

and they can isolate and label that last stretch of that the car traveled
and then calculate a distance

Time:

Based on that isolated landmark distance, maybe the Grey videos can help provide the time.

Then, the speed can be calculated (almost *)

Distance and time would be fixed and not dependent on camera intermittent snap shots

* But this distance and time could be affected if the car stops or turns during the observed run

Since the car didn't travel "as the crow flies",
but instead was thought to turn toward the camera midway
and then later swerve (left ) near the water,
these irregularities would throw off both distance and time ?

edit: spelling

Why would Kiely call SS to ask if she was giving her a ride home while she was driving away from the party? If SS said yes then Kiely would have to turn around and go back to get her.

I agree with you that LE has the phone data so for now IMO it's just a minor mystery that's easily solved. MOO.
Not really because it could still be someone else on that line instead of Kiely. If SS was drunk or not coherent then she could have believed it was her voice.

Those lights hit the water pretty fast it was a good fast speed. It was like instantaneous. If Kiely was driving that fast then how come she didn't crash into someone on the road/path. It doesn't make sense to me. Are we saying that people avoided her but didn't tell LE this person nearly hit them. Something seems off here. Why didn't she hit other cars when she was going that fast. If other Sleuthers think she was close by than the distance and speed don't seem that she would not hit someone. Why didn't she hit someone with her car. That speed was actually scary. I mean there were so many cars leaving or driving, come on she didn't hit anyone in her state. No one saw a speeding car? Are we sure those were headlights? Did someone drive her car in neutral and push it? We don't know what gear it was found in. So at this point its hard to say. What if it was driven to the water with the headlights on it looked like it was hitting the water and ripples were made as it touched the water then backed out as the lights were turned off and went back onto the road? This is an alternative to what we see and how it could be something else.also. I don't see the possibility of why not. Maybe someone knew about the Alder Cameras and wanted to make it appear as something else. She was going a fast speed yet she didn't hit anyone from behind as she was going slow APPARENTLY but yet she drove into the water that fast. YA it doesn't make sense.

Kiely’s family has indicated they believe it was an accidental death. The latest videos of the car going into the water appear to support that assumption.

The only remaining mystery for me is whether the people of Placer and Nevada County will continue to turn a blind eye to the annual tradition of summertime underage drinking parties at the reservoirs.

jmo

Kiely’s family has indicated they believe it was an accidental death. The latest videos of the car going into the water appear to support that assumption.

The only remaining mystery for me is whether the people of Placer and Nevada County will continue to turn a blind eye to the annual tradition of summertime underage drinking parties at the reservoirs.

jmo

Who was in that car when it went into the water? Who were in the cars that were in the area? Was Kiely dead before or after entering the water? Why didn't LE find her with multiple dive teams and 10,000+ manhours? Did LE check all cameras in the area in the early stages of the search?

What is it one of the Meghans said, they teach the kids to stay where they drop so they don't drive drunk? MOO: It's not a blind eye but a culture, part of the Truckee Way.

Those lights hit the water pretty fast it was a good fast speed. It was like instantaneous. If Kiely was driving that fast then how come she didn't crash into someone on the road/path. It doesn't make sense to me. Are we saying that people avoided her but didn't tell LE this person nearly hit them. Something seems off here. Why didn't she hit other cars when she was going that fast. If other Sleuthers think she was close by than the distance and speed don't seem that she would not hit someone. Why didn't she hit someone with her car. That speed was actually scary. I mean there were so many cars leaving or driving, come on she didn't hit anyone in her state. No one saw a speeding car? Are we sure those were headlights? Did someone drive her car in neutral and push it? We don't know what gear it was found in. So at this point its hard to say. What if it was driven to the water with the headlights on it looked like it was hitting the water and ripples were made as it touched the water then backed out as the lights were turned off and went back onto the road? This is an alternative to what we see and how it could be something else.also. I don't see the possibility of why not. Maybe someone knew about the Alder Cameras and wanted to make it appear as something else. She was going a fast speed yet she didn't hit anyone from behind as she was going slow APPARENTLY but yet she drove into the water that fast. YA it doesn't make sense.
In just about every drunk driving accident, that driver had driven for a while before finally getting into an accident.

The video confirms for me what I’ve thought all along: Kiely took a wrong turn and drove into the lake. It was highly likely she was drunk/on drugs, no one was with her in the car, no one saw her go into the lake. That’s all there is to it. There’s nothing on that video that suggests to me that there was any foul play.

The only thing the video answers for me with certainty is the vehicle entered the water at 12:33 (ish), right when the party was winding down.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I simply have seen enough weird and disturbing stuff in my time on the planet to keep an open mind about what is possible.

For me it is no longer possible (at least not reasonably so) that Roadside Nick, saw Kiely's vehicle, or Kiely, etc.

It still remains possible (and I am not saying likely, only possible) she was not alone in the vehicle, and/or something else may have been going on with the other cars and/or with people on the beach that we are not able to see with these videos, as amazing as they are. That's where waiting for November, or some other update from LE with hard proof/info comes in.

I agree with @5W's there are some troubling aspects. I don't know what those things mean. They may not mean ANYTHING, but they' re strange. Personally, I tend to think SS was totally wasted (and her account may not be accurate), and KR (and possibly others) may have been horsing around with vehicles that night. My opinion only. I don't think accidentally going down to the water makes sense, but going down there to goof around a bit does. I feel bad for those who knew KR now having this video out there. It's hard to watch.

I'm also really hoping LE (and sleuths!) will utilize these fire cameras now with other cases in the area. It would be great to have some sort of sticky or resource post by state for this sort of resource.

The video confirms for me what I’ve thought all along: Kiely took a wrong turn and drove into the lake. It was highly likely she was drunk/on drugs, no one was with her in the car, no one saw her go into the lake. That’s all there is to it. There’s nothing on that video that suggests to me that there was any foul play.
I agree there is "nothing on that video that suggests there was any foul play", and if this case was handled properly I could agree with you.
However it was never made that simple. Their mismanagement of this case opens it up for so many questions and loose ends to be tied up, makes it hard for me NOT to question the "accident " theory. IMO LE is solely responsible for MY doubt and concern....but that is just me.

Those were great article pulls @Beekarina . There’s been multiple deaths at Prosser, so this isn’t a “safe” place. Sanctuary my *ss.

Some accidents are due to snow/ice.

“This time of year it’s not unusual” to find an abandoned vehicle in the local reservoirs, Koehler said. “Teenagers will go four-wheeling and leave a vehicle out there.”

One of the deaths was a Truckee local on his RZR. Even locals can have accidents, even if they’re experienced outdoors people.

It’s extremely disconcerting to think parents and possibly even LE turned a blind eye to these parties knowing the danger of the reservoir. This could have been prevented.

jmo
I agree with your post, 100%. I have always believed this case to be an accident.

It’s very tragic and could have been avoided. My thoughts remain with her family and friends and I hope people will learn from her death.

It’s a very haunting video and not something I wish to watch again. May she rest in peace.

In general the reason that is done is for launching boats.

Yeah, I know, but I thought Kiely didn't go down a boat ramp? I could be wrong though as so much has been said that the facts get intertwined with speculation.

I also think boat ramps should have gate or something, especially on roads that are dark at night. When we lose so many people each year (some of whom aren't drunk or drugged) to the water, I think it's time we look at our infrastructure and figure out ways to improve it to save some lives.

jmo
All of this ^^^

(Ps: Also? Can not resist stating that now we KNOW that Roadside Nick did not see her car. Period.)

All of this ^^^

(Ps: Also? Can not resist stating that now we KNOW that Roadside Nick did not see her car. Period.)
Then what did Nick see? He obviously was not imagining something. Perhaps he got the date wrong, that's the only thing I can think of. But that scenario was very concerning. When the girl or lady was not comfortable with the guy and was going away from him.......? Yet the guy kept going to her....? In my area everything is very orderly with regards to Roadside Assistance comapnies. Its very controlled and absolutely safe with a lot of checks and balances. There are many procedures they have to follow. If this scenario happened in my area especially the registration of the vehicle and thus insurance were not verifiable the company would call the police or would not service the vehicle. I was assuming that this is how RA companies operate in California. Although I am not questioning Nick's work I think its possible he had the date wrong but if it was anything else I would be very concerned. Basically an RA cannot say they are an RA without proof so the public knows who and what they are dealing with and its safe (in my area). If that's not the case in your area then I would be concerned. But who knows what that scenario was and I hope that girl/woman is ok and one can see why Nick was concerned for her.

rsbm

I am sorry, but respectfully I don't share your logic.

We may suspect the video clip we've seen is of KR's car going into the water, but until LE tells us so I choose to continue questioning the data in this case. We could be seeing an illusion due to the topography of the area or distortion of images due to the low quality resolution of the video. Further, we cannot see who is driving and how many people are in the car.

If there is more than one person in the car, whether or not KR was dead or alive when it went into the water, it is foul play. Hopefully the autopsy report, the car's EDR data, and the CHP / MAIT accident investigation will determine all that.

Likewise, we may suspect Nick the RA Guy saw KR's car on 8/6 based on DB's 8/19 interview of him and what DB has said after AWP's 9/2 video release, but until LE tells us so, I choose to continue questioning the data in the case.

In the absence of definitive information from LE - 11/1 can't come soon enough! - I am being cautious with interpretations.

rsbm

I am sorry, but respectfully I don't share your logic.

We may suspect the video clip we've seen is of KR's car going into the water, but until LE tells us so I choose to continue questioning the data in this case. We could be seeing an illusion due to the topography of the area or distortion of images due to the low quality resolution of the video. Further, we cannot see who is driving and how many people are in the car.

If there is more than one person in the car, whether or not KR was dead or alive when it went into the water, it is foul play. Hopefully the autopsy report, the car's EDR data, and the CHP / MAIT accident investigation will determine all that.

Likewise, we may suspect Nick the RA Guy saw KR's car on 8/6 based on DB's 8/19 interview of him and what DB has said after AWP's 9/2 video release, but until LE tells us so, I choose to continue questioning the data in the case.

In the absence of definitive information from LE - 11/1 can't come soon enough! - I am being cautious with interpretations.
Couldn't have said it better.

In just about every drunk driving accident, that driver had driven for a while before finally getting into an accident.
First of all this is not the same as driving on an open road lets understand that clearly. There is no reason to compare that terrain to where this all went down and so whatever happened to Kiely. Secondly, if the car hit the water at that high speed then why didn't it hit other cars above on the road afterall there were a lot of other cars there. Somehow magically the speed the car was going at prevented an accident with another car? Unfortunately that is what I am seeing here. It is not making sense.

BBM & UBM
would like some clarity 5W's

What would you determine to be a "good fast speed" ? We've seen that road in a few videos, it does not look to be a road to drive very fast down in a vehicle like the crv IMO.

IF a person chooses to believe the video is real and unaltered in any way, the speed of the "headlights" can fairly accurately be determined since there is timestamps on the video.

Not much about this "video" makes any sense to me. It still leaves many open possibilities. MOO

From looking at other cameras, this one is the only one i've seen any blurriness and smudges

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back