Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah. Definitely not transmitting “video” as we commonly know it. I’ll post some astounding info about system capabilities later.
If that system takes 12 images every 360° rotation, that means 1 image every ~3 seconds if my math is correct.?

that leaves a bit of "wiggle room" for how fast the crv was traveling and for other things as well.

MOO

If that system takes 12 images every 360° rotation, that means 1 image every ~3 seconds if my math is correct.?

that leaves a bit of "wiggle room" for how fast the crv was traveling and for other things as well.

MOO
So intriguing...
But I don't know what that means.

Does the 1 camera (alder hill) do a 360 degree rotation ?
Do you know in what time period a 360 completes?

How often does it stay or return to the same spot ?

If 1 image Out of 12 takes -3 seconds, Is that like fractions of a second?

Does that signify a faster or slower car speed?

(Sorry, I can't visualize this without your help) Thanks.

edut: pot to out

I caught that too - In the “Discuss the Kiely Rodni…” video at around 15:45 he says “…there was people who thought they saw something - headlights going into the water…”
I wonder where these people were - on the other side of the reservoir?

MOO
Anglers boat with lights on it entering the water at 12:33 AM? At the exact spot where Kiely’s car sank at 12:33 AM? Judge for yourself?

I’m confused why so many are trying to make conspiracies out of this video or disprove the video when it exactly matches and corroborates all the evidence we have.

Intoxicated young driver likely driving alone because friends ditched her.

Very dark night after moon had set, possibly hazy or foggy.

Driver in a hurry because late for curfew.

Phone last ping at 12:33 AM

Car found underwater straight down slope from wrong turn with only missing driver inside.

Now there is a VIDEO!!! of headlights (quickly steadily without stopping) driving down the road, like all the other headlights before and after it, but making a wrong turn, unlike all the other headlights before and after it, and driving straight down into the water and disappearing 60 or 80 feet from shore right at 12:33 AM. Right where the car was later found.

What is there possibly to still question and doubt?
Its not a clear image first of all. Secondly I maintain there is an aura of culpability so ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO HER. Fellow party goers let someone so drunk drive themselves into the water. Now what is going to be the consencus here, "Oh well it doesn't take much" Ya, well why didn't the others drive into the water they were as drunk as her or inebreiated as her so maybe even more than her. All I'm saying is just because we have a blurry video showing the time doesn't mean that there is no culpability. And if there is culpability WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? That has not been answered. This video just shows timing that's it if the blurry video is correct and I'm not doubting it either. But there is a bigger issue here that needs to be dealt with and not brushed under the carpet. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect as I said in an earlier post the internet won't let her family say what they really feel about anything including that night afterall the family has to keep in mind that they are part of the community where their business is and where they live is, even if hey went somewhere else it will follow them they can't get away from that so the best thing they can do is keep quiet. That is just so respectful to the family whose child has died. Wonderful. And that's how I see it and my mind can't stop thinking about it like this no matter what anyone says. I am seeing the darker side here. And of course I don't like it.

Has anyone tried using Google earth to get a similar view and angle zoomed out a little more to get an overlay they can scale to match? Or even side by side. Just to have a larger perspective of the roads and other cars etc. I want to attempt it, but I don't think I have a large enough monitor to get the right view/tilt/angle that the camera has.

So intriguing...

Any of the cameras can be rotated, panned zoomed or tilted.
As in the case of night time infrared at Prosser, with no reported or detected fire they would not be rotating as they focused in the unusual streaming headlights or tail lights.
Has anyone looked at the next camera over to see the stream of cars out of Prosser onto Highway 8o or 89? Also the area around Oil Pan Hill- at 12:51? Oil Pan Hill is that little bit of land with a lone bush or tree that emerges seasonally as water levels drop.
I asked a month or so ago if that might be a parking and party spot. Fits the bill right next to Sanctuary area but no trees there and has a direct line to drive along the beach or access the Prosser campground road.

Has anyone tried using Google earth to get a similar view and angle zoomed out a little more to get an overlay they can scale to match? Or even side by side. Just to have a larger perspective of the roads and other cars etc. I want to attempt it, but I don't think I have a large enough monitor to get the right view/tilt/angle that the camera has.
That’s wild! What a project.
And one problem with Google maps is that they show the reservoir with a lot less water than was in it on 8/6.
I think there’s lights visible on the shoreline section of the Dam road at 12:50 more or less. Maybe flashlights or ATV’s?

That’s wild! What a project.
And one problem with Google maps is that they show the reservoir with a lot less water than was in it on 8/6.
I think there’s lights visible on the shoreline section of the Dam road at 12:50 more or less. Maybe flashlights or ATV’s?
I think as long as the roads line up as well as the elements it should be fine? It might actually be more helpful to see where the car went in and how it could have flipped without the water present in one layer. This would probably be a lot easier to do with Adobe CS but I don't think impossible otherwise.

I think as long as the roads line up as well as the elements it should be fine? It might actually be more helpful to see where the car went in and how it could have flipped without the water present in one layer. This would probably be a lot easier to do with Adobe CS but I don't think impossible otherwise.
Sounds very cool and helpful to me. Go for it!

Was it LE who reported last sighting at 12:40?
Maybe we should look at the timeline. Last ping doesn’t necessarily mean the car was under water, right?
We don’t have many details but what if the last reported encounters as compiled yesterday by Redhaus are not wrong? SS never changed the 12:36 call time. This is, after all still developing.

Was it LE who reported last sighting at 12:40?
Maybe we should look at the timeline. Last ping doesn’t necessarily mean the car was under water, right?
We don’t have many details but what if the last reported encounters as compiled yesterday by Redhaus are not wrong? SS never changed the 12:36 call time. This is, after all still developing.
The time SS gave for the call was very close to the time Keily's car went into the lake. I don't think she realized she was going the wrong way until she hit the beach, or maybe even the water. The call likely added to her distraction. I do think the last ping happened as the car sunk and it lost power. As for SS's statement about the time of the call, she may be off by a few minutes, but it's just too close to the time Kiely left the party to assume she was not forthcoming when she made that statement. We know Kiely was driving during the call and had just left the party. SS admittedly was pretty wasted herself. That's generally the goal for parties like this.

The kids probably know which businesses in the area sell alcohol to minors. I hope LE has followed up on who supplied them. Underage drinking is still a huge problem, imo. It's almost as easy for some kids to obtain alcohol as it is weed. I suspect many party goers were combining the two, which makes getting behind a wheel very dangerous.

I hope this will be a wake up call for this community and something positive can evolve from this tragic accident. There could have been several families grieving the loss of their child if the car had been full of passengers.

Did any YouTuber get the raw footage from the Alder Hill camera without overlays and whatnot? now I'm not able to access the camera either.

In this one, it almost looks like the two cars separate right at 12:30 am, one of the cars drives down around the bend and the other one ... does it turn around up the road and then drive into the water?

It's pure speculation but when I watched the raw footage, it was my impression that the one that drove down around the bend was lurking, re-emerged at around 12:37 and then stayed up at the top of the beach area for several more minutes. It's speculation, pure speculation, but given the "conference" before 12:30 am I wondered if that lurking car could be the "getaway" car.

Note that a higher resolution video could make that less likely.

I think if there was another car involved, LE would have been looking for it. In the footage I see only one car go down that bumpy road. There is a possibility the driver car that stopped may have seen her lights near the beach, but it was so dark, and with the landscape, I doubt they could have been sure. If anyone had seen something and driven towards it, by the time they got there the car wouldn't have been visible, imo.

But I do think it's possible that someone saw something and LE just hasn't released that information. I think the accident investigation will match what we witnessed in the footage, but with a lot more information.

So intriguing...

from what i understand of how the cameras work. All these cameras have ability to do 360° rotation within 2 minutes.
(it takes 2minutes to do a 360° rotation in standard operations.)
every 3 seconds it would take a picture to make up 12 pictures in 2 minutes.

i don't know but assume the cameras controllers can stop the camera in a given spot and leave it there. I think this may be the case since many minutes go by and the camera does not turn.

MOO

Don’t forget, Sami was the one reporting this this. Law enforcement always said 12:33 was the last communication from Kiely’s phone. Sami could have made a mistake or the time could be off on her phone for some reason.
Yes you are right, but by her own admission she DID speak to Keily around the time Kiely would have been in water. Doubt the call was about a ride at that point, don't you? Just would like to have Sami explain that call again........that's just me.

The time SS gave for the call was very close to the time Keily's car went into the lake. I don't think she realized she was going the wrong way until she hit the beach, or maybe even the water. The call likely added to her distraction. I do think the last ping happened as the car sunk and it lost power. As for SS's statement about the time of the call, she may be off by a few minutes, but it's just too close to the time Kiely left the party to assume she was not forthcoming when she made that statement. We know Kiely was driving during the call and had just left the party. SS admittedly was pretty wasted herself. That's generally the goal for parties like this.
rsbm

That would make sense, that Kiely’s call to SS distracted her while she was driving — except SS mentioned that she heard party noise while she was talking to Kiely & SS determined that Kiely was still at the party when they talked. Which makes sense, as Kiely called SS to ask if she still needed a ride home, something she would do before she left the party.

It’d be interesting to find out if LE ever confirmed the time of that call because the time & the details aren’t adding up when considering this new footage.

MOO

rsbm

That would make sense, that Kiely’s call to SS distracted her while she was driving — except SS mentioned that she heard party noise while she was talking to Kiely & SS determined that Kiely was still at the party when they talked. Which makes sense, as Kiely called SS to ask if she still needed a ride home, something she would do before she left the party.

It’d be interesting to find out if LE ever confirmed the time of that call because the time & the details aren’t adding up when considering this new footage.

MOO

The camera frames/video closes the timeline for me.

Kiely had one last phone call (to see if her friend needed a ride) while still parked. Took the short drive from parking to the turn where others went left, she went right.

It's possible that Kiely was already driving when she made that call, and it was music on the radio that sounded like the party, but I think Kiely was still parked for that call.

It is heart-numbing to see the Alder Hill images from 12:34... peaceful, placid reservior... like it never happened.

It happened so fast.

RIP Kiely.

JMO

The camera frames/video closes the timeline for me.

Kiely had one last phone call (to see if her friend needed a ride) while still parked. Took the short drive from parking to the turn where others went left, she went right.

It's possible that Kiely was already driving when she made that call, and it was music on the radio that sounded like the party, but I think Kiely was still parked for that call.

It is heart-numbing to see the Alder Hill images from 12:34... peaceful, placid reservior... like it never happened.

It happened so fast.

RIP Kiely.

JMO
I do think they were parked in that area southwest-ish of the party & were closer to the shore than I thought before (I think it’s the same area @Curiosa20 is talking about) - so it wouldn’t take long at all to get to the water.

MOO

rsbm

MOO

The thing is....they can confirm the time of the call....but not the content.

It is all still so open for interpretation, right? We know SS was "quite inebriated", in her own words. We know there were a lot of people at the party, and there my have been sound carrying which could be heard during a phone call. Kiely may have had SS on speaker. Kiely may have had her radio on, and we also know one window was rolled down--possibly while driving. I hate to mention this, but Kiely herself may have shouted etc as she realized the water was right there, and SS may have interpreted this as party noise.

I think we're going to end up with a lot of unanswered questions unless there is someone who was a close witness to what we have all seen from this fire camera, and who has come forward, or does come forward.

Yes that would sound about right. I was probably going slower than that.

That's why I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around her driving in by accident. I'm more open to that being the ultimate conclusion after seeing the video. If she'd been driving 30, 40, 50 mph okay easy to miss the fact that you're totally in the wrong place.

But her car is going slowly, as you must there, in a place where even when it's dark, the wide open horizon toward the water clearly shows you're going toward the lake. It's so obviously not the heavily forested way home. Also, she had already driven some very difficult roads to get to that beach. Maybe it's too far away to tell but it didn't look like she was swerving into the bushes etc.
Considering how many years and generations have been using this place for parties, getting drunk and doing drugs while going down these roads.....why Kiley was the one case to plow into the lake. One would think taking a wrong turn into the lake would have happened before this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back