Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the distances on the map and the time stamps, using the distance/time = speed formula, she was going about 12-14 mph, that’s a vast difference from 40 mph.

A 3500 lb CRV + driver going 13 mph has the kinetic energy of 19,700 ft-lbs. At 40 mph it’s 187,200 ft-lbs. (Kinetic energy = 1/2 mass x velocity squared.)
Let’s look at it this way.
12 mph is 17.6 feet per second. How many feet of “beach” was above the water line at 12:30-1:00 AM on 8/6? Not that much per photos and statements + Math. Doe rhe most part, the widely circulating maps and inaccurate overlays are not reflective of the true water level back then. MOO
For example, 50 feet and she was in water in less 3 seconds.

Let’s look at it this way.
12 mph is 17.6 feet per second. How many feet of “beach” was above the water line at 12:30-1:00 AM on 8/6? Not that much per photos and statements + Math. Doe rhe most part, the widely circulating maps and inaccurate overlays are not reflective of the true water level back then. MOO
For example, 50 feet and she was in water in less 3 seconds.
Yes see it was a very strange happening. Or so called accident. Especially if people are saying she turned. If it appeared her car was turning from that road which I don't believe and she did it that smoothely but yet sped into the water. No I don't think so I think the car turning is an illusion or distortion. I think it was something else that appeared to be turning. If its a narrow road then it should be a sharp turn IMO.

The point i was trying to make is that if the crv hot the water with any "real speed" the front end would have had much more damage.

As for my own experience: I have both seen a vehicle hit water at speed and have it's fromt end destroyed majorly (bumper "shredded" radiator ripped open etc) with airbag deployment and been in a vehicle that hit water at 40 mph, major front end damage and airbags deployed.
Neither vehicle tried to float at all in those situations. Both "impacts" were on a slight downgrade that formed a low spot in the roadway that water collected when heavy rails happened. Never saw anything quite like it, the power and strength of water is astounding.
Again, it’s all about dynamics and no reservoir or body of water in front of the car.
I hit a raging gully/ravine in a flash flood in the desert one night going about 50. The highways were closed but I took a back road as I had a flight to catch. I thought I was dead when I hit that 3- 3.5 feet wall of roaring water in the pitch black night. It was invisible as I came down off the “dip”. It literally washed up over the roof of the vehicle, an old solid heavy 4x4. That and the speed and angle and great fortune saved my life, well that and the motor did not stop and I didn’t let go of the wheel or take my foot off the gas. Seat belt on. No damage to the vehicle.
I have also hydroplaned just about off a cliff in inches of water in a residential canyon during a “thunder rain” sudden downpour while driving a compact Corolla. That was very, very scary and in daylight. I still can’t fathom how we didn’t get washed into the deep canyon. No damage to car.
Poor, poor Kiely. Remember while pouring over rhe videos, she was in that car as the lights went out.

Last edited:
If that's the rationale then why didn't she hit anyone else on the road nor crash into anyone and consider her speed also it was going very fast and she didn't hit anyone. I don't believe it.

That’s not what I said, I said I’ve seen impaired people drive reasonably well (not swerving or hitting anything) until they’ve been driving a while, then make a mistake, in this case her mistake was a wrong turn. It’s really dark out there at night, she probably didn’t know she was near the water until she was in the water. She wasn’t going very fast, probably 5-10 mph most of the way, then sped up to 12-14 or 16 mph after she exited the trees and was on the beach.
overlays are not reflective of the true water level back then
Gray Hughes’ overlay was from the afternoon before, on 8/5/22. He states it on 5:42 of the linked video. Date stamp on photo.

Attachments

• 67B26045-97E2-4FB0-8116-CEC1AB6C04E2.jpeg
    67B26045-97E2-4FB0-8116-CEC1AB6C04E2.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
I doubt that's possible its going to happen here, however. In this sentence I am not talking about LE but the community in general they won't want to accept the possibility of something nefarious happening beforehand. So as I said its brushed under the rug. So in reality everything I have said thus far holds true, simply for this reason.
The community may not want to accept the possibility that the nefarious happening beforehand was a group of teens getting so drunk that one of their own drove straight into water. Accepting that would bring an acknowledgment that these dangerous parties, a cultural norm for the area, have been brushed off over the years as the “Truckee Way”.

It could be that simple.

jmo

I have also unfortunately seen very drunk people drive well enough to make the (wrong) turns Kiely did. People who are so drunk that they can't stand - but they could drive a car. As for her not hitting anyone else, that also happens. It's not a nice fact, but many people drive whilst under the influence around the world every single day and, thankfully, not all end in fatal crashes. Kiely did not have to drive far before entering the water and the roads, except for fellow party-goers, were rural, quiet and unlit. I'm not discounting the possibility of other drivers passing her, but that doesn't change the facts of this case to me. It just makes it even sadder and again builds into the seemingly common acceptance of underage parties in the local area.

This was a very dark place at that time of the night with those around being largely drunk and/or under the influence - most of them also young. I'm not discrediting other theories, I just personally don't see the evidence for them at this time.

If that's the rationale then why didn't she hit anyone else on the road nor crash into anyone and consider her speed also it was going very fast and she didn't hit anyone. I don't believe it.

Literally happens every day all over. Go ask a police officer, firefighter or a paramedic for a story or two. I know I can personally provide many.

Again, it’s all about dynamics and no reservoir or body of water in front of the car.
I hit a raging gully/ravine in a flash flood in the desert one night going about 50. The highways were closed but I took a back road as I had a flight to catch. I thought I was dead when I hit that 3- 3.5 feet wall of roaring water in the pitch black night. It was invisible as I came down off the “dip”. It literally washed up over the roof of the vehicle, an old solid heavy 4x4. That and the speed and angle and great fortune saved my life, well that and the motor did not stop and I didn’t let go of the wheel or take my foot off the gas. Seat belt on. No damage to the vehicle.
I have also hydroplaned just about off a cliff in inches of water in a residential canyon during a “thunder rain” sudden downpour while driving a compact Corolla. That was very, very scary and in daylight. I still can’t fathom how we didn’t get washed into the deep canyon. No damage to car.
Poor, poor Kiely. Remember while pouring over rhe videos, she was in that car as the lights went out.
Curiosa20......could you be talking about Arizona! I lived in Scottsdale for a while and we did not have hurricanes or tornados or earthquakes, but we sure had Monsoon rains that could sweep you off your tires. Can't tell you how many car owners had to be rescued by helicopter.
Just a note about drinking and driving....Alcohol takes time to metabolize, so you can leave a bar feeling fine but in about 15 to 20 minutes it will hit you. Not proud of this but happened to me Many times. Taught me something < I do not drink anymore.

Like I mentioned before, I was in a head-on collision in my brand new 2013 Subaru, and my airbags did not deploy.

I do think there was damage to her car from the accident. If you look closely at the windshield there’s a circular indentation. She possibly hit the windshield on impact.
4A5A0A75-CE99-4647-9E38-C4392829FA98.jpeg1EFFC6B9-A9DE-4824-9B41-DC2252162A54.jpeg

Like I mentioned before, I was in a head-on collision in my brand new 2013 Subaru, and my airbags did not deploy.

I do think there was damage to her car from the accident. If you look closely at the windshield there’s a circular indentation. She possibly hit the windshield on impact.
View attachment 372478View attachment 372479

If Kiely hit the windshield on impact, it would not be dented in on the outside, but on the inside. We would see a bulge here, not indentation.

rsbm
Or....the windshield made contact with a rock or stone when the car settled upside down on the bottom.

Recall, I think folks here came to some sort of consensus that from the AWP video, the car was not on its roof, but on its hood & windshield. That could explain an indentation damage to the windshield, IMO.

Below is an image I posted ~9/14 during that discussion.

1665508404335.png

View attachment 372478View attachment 372479
BBM

There is also a good chance that "indent" was created when the crv landed upside down on the bottom of the lake. Especially since the "indent" is inwards and not outwards like someone hit it from inside.

MOO

Curiosa20......could you be talking about Arizona! I lived in Scottsdale for a while and we did not have hurricanes or tornados or earthquakes, but we sure had Monsoon rains that could sweep you off your tires. Can't tell you how many car owners had to be rescued by helicopter.
Just a note about drinking and driving....Alcohol takes time to metabolize, so you can leave a bar feeling fine but in about 15 to 20 minutes it will hit you. Not proud of this but happened to me Many times. Taught me something < I do not drink anymore.
Well yes, good guess! I could easily be talking about Arizona, but I managed to survive the literal wall of water in the gully washer, as they are colloquially referred to, out in the region known by some as the High Desert. I was somewhere between Tehachapi and Hemet on a cut off road, trying to get to Ontario airport in an almost final act.
Torrential rain in an area that flash floods with 2 inches, a la Arizona, you know. It wasn’t a monsoon storm, but El Niño Atmospheric River.

I see that Jolissa Fuentes has been found. Apparently she went off a cliff the night she disappeared. Investigation is ongoing but LE has said that:

Alcaraz on Tuesday said investigators tracked her cellphone and very little activity occurred after the night she went missing. He said given the time of the crash, it was believed the accident was due to fatigue and happened that night.
I mention Jolissa's case because it seems like it wasn't much different than what happened to Kiely yet people on social media seem to think Kiely's death is connected to foul play and/or LE coverup. I don't quite understand why.

Currently there is no evidence to suggest that anyone other than Kiely herself was responsible for her death. Certainly that would change if the final reports come back to indicate foul play but I'm having trouble understanding why people (in general) right now think someone else is responsible. Is it because of the size of the party? The number of drugs reported to have been at the party? The tow truck driver's claims? AWP's calling it "suspicious?" SS's statements?

These are sincere questions. I don't see the evidence but maybe I'm missing something.

Literally happens every day all over. Go ask a police officer, firefighter or a paramedic for a story or two. I know I can personally provide many.
It doesn't matter if it happens everyday although it shouldn't. But I don't see what that has to do with Kiely's situation. Are we again saying only one thing matters and its happened so nothing else matters in Kiely's case? I am just questioning the rationale of the statement and trying to fit it in with the specifics of Kiely's situation.

Poor, poor Kiely. Remember while pouring over rhe videos, she was in that car as the lights went out
Why did she turn so smoothly above?

That’s not what I said, I said I’ve seen impaired people drive reasonably well (not swerving or hitting anything) until they’ve been driving a while, then make a mistake, in this case her mistake was a wrong turn. It’s really dark out there at night, she probably didn’t know she was near the water until she was in the water. She wasn’t going very fast, probably 5-10 mph most of the way, then sped up to 12-14 or 16 mph after she exited the trees and was on the beach.

Gray Hughes’ overlay was from the afternoon before, on 8/5/22. He states it on 5:42 of the linked video. Date stamp on photo.
Sorry, but the lights going into that water were going pretty fast and instantly they were in the water or so it appeared. Another thing to factor in is the distance from the actual party site she was at. How fast was the car going in that distance. How does GH know this for certain that she was going that speed? Why was she going through trees when there is a road for her to travel on?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back