Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Warning Mild Graphic Descriptions

The six-page autopsy of Truckee teen Kiely Rodni says there was no evidence of external or internal injuries.
"The right leg of the decedent was against the pillar of the back seat and resting near the headrest. The remainder of the decedent was behind the seats and not from outside the vehicle," the report said.

She was fully clothed in a black bodysuit and green twill pants. On her right foot was a green sneaker, and a matching shoe was found nearby. She had five bracelets on her right wrist, three metal chains around her neck, including one with a constellation-shaped pennant.

"Except for the sneaker being off the left foot," the coroner wrote, "the clothing appears relatively normal in position."

There was no evidence of a head trauma or of a sexual assault and body scans didn't show any internal injuries, according to the coroner.

A toxicology report showed positive results for nicotine, caffeine and delta-9-THC, a molecule in marijuana, according to the autopsy.

Additional tissue samples showed ethanol — or blood alcohol — in her system, but the autopsy said it is possible the alcohol was produced by the body naturally after death.

Can you remind me who exactly established that? And when? Thanks

It's in the coroner's report

The autopsy, viewed by the Reno Gazette Journal on Thursday, indicated she was found in the rear cargo compartment of her submerged 2013 Honda CRV.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of the thoughtful posters who have been here, out of genuine concern for Kiely, and wanting to see justice for her. I always felt her death was just a tragic accident, but I still respect all of you who had different feelings and sought the truth from other perspectives. Together, our differing opinions make WS the best at what we do. See ya soon on another thread. TC.

RIP Kiely

Last edited:
Warning Mild Graphic Descriptions

The six-page autopsy of Truckee teen Kiely Rodni says there was no evidence of external or internal injuries.
"The right leg of the decedent was against the pillar of the back seat and resting near the headrest. The remainder of the decedent was behind the seats and not from outside the vehicle," the report said.

She was fully clothed in a black bodysuit and green twill pants. On her right foot was a green sneaker, and a matching shoe was found nearby. She had five bracelets on her right wrist, three metal chains around her neck, including one with a constellation-shaped pennant.

"Except for the sneaker being off the left foot," the coroner wrote, "the clothing appears relatively normal in position."

There was no evidence of a head trauma or of a sexual assault and body scans didn't show any internal injuries, according to the coroner.

A toxicology report showed positive results for nicotine, caffeine and delta-9-THC, a molecule in marijuana, according to the autopsy.

Additional tissue samples showed ethanol — or blood alcohol — in her system, but the autopsy said it is possible the alcohol was produced by the body naturally after death.
Thank you for providing this, @MsMarple.

This is it, then, the final answer.

It is what it has always seemed likely to have been.
A tragedy. A partying teen, wanting to have a good time, inadvertently makes some dreadful choices, as teens do, and the result is horrific.

The pain of course will be felt forever by her family and friends.

The abuse heaped on those who were always innocent will affect them for quite some time. By this I mean her friends, but whomever provided her with alcohol should be prosecuted if possible.

For me now, I agree with @Stunned. It is time to let her rest in peace.

For us, the strangers who didn't know her, IMO this case is done. A terribly sad outcome, but there was no murder, no conspiracy.

I cannot praise AWP highly enough for having located Kiely. They are terrific WITHIN THEIR AREA OF EXPERTISE. I hope in the future they have great success when sadly they are needed to locate a person underwater, but I fervently hope they do not make future pronouncements in the area of investigation. It led to so much unnecessary anguish for all.

Jmo

Respectfully, WHO established that she was found in the cargo area? <modsnip; snarky>

The final investigation report states Kiely's body was located in the rear passenger section of her Honda. I will choose to believe the people who actually conducted the investigation.

This also notes that Kiely was found in cargo area.

Doesn't matter who established where she was, just that it was ultimately correct

Ethanol: “Possibly all or part from decomp” from the report. Her level was 88 so a BAC of barely over the CA limit at 0.088.

“She wasn't in a state where she could have driven very far. She was inebriated."

How many people said she was totally trashed, when she really wasn’t. THC can stay in your system for weeks.

They didn’t test for Fentanyl or GHB? They performed the most basic drug screening.

Where does it show water in the lungs? There was no water found in the stomach or inside lungs.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 373120
Ethanol: “Possibly all or part from decomp” from the report. Her level was 88 so a BAC of barely over the CA limit at 0.088.

“She wasn't in a state where she could have driven very far. She was inebriated."

How many people said she was totally trashed, when she really wasn’t. THC can stay in your system for weeks.

They didn’t test for Fentanyl or GHB? They performed the most basic drug screening.

Where does it show water in the lungs? There was no water found in the stomach or inside lungs.
Do you have a link to the autopsy to back up your statements?

I’ve read your multiple posts and do not understand what point you seem to want to make. Are you trying to suggest Kiely didn’t drive herself in to the water?
And to asnwer your earlier question about the turn… I am not at all qualified or interested in jumping in to the fray analyzing then extrapolating on the blurry images available on the video cam.
I’m waiting on MAIT etc. At that time, with precise interpretations and investigative outcomes, not rumor, bias, agendas, I think we will be able to have a much clearer insight in to the many details and factors involved in the tragic accident.
There is no bias. Bias would make it victim unfriendly and I don't ever see it that way. An agenda is not taking culpability into account. Rumour, well, my opinion isn't based on rumour either. It has been stated by LE themselves that patrons of the party were not providing information and LE was imploring them to. Its simple to disregard this, in fact very simple. I don't see the issue of what is off. These are important things to consider instead of disregarding them IMO.

While I still would like to read the CHP's MAIT team report on this case after watching the fire cam video and today's announcement by the NCSO that there's no evidence of foul play, I have a good idea what happened in this case.

A young woman became inebriated at a party, became confused when leaving the party, accidentally drove into a nearby lake and drowned when she couldn't escape her car. JMO.
Apparently she wasn't that inebriated according to the autopsy.

That article doesn't say no alcohol, like op claimed.

As for the toxicology results, Rodni had both THC and ethanol in her system -- though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition.

When bodies decompose, ethanol is occasionally detected during toxicology.

Apparently testing couldn't determine if this was related to drinking, or just part of the decomposition process.

It absolutely does not mean she wasn't intoxicated.
Or was intoxicated so either or is possible.

In the report, the Nevada County Sheriff's investigator wrote, "I have recently reviewed the pathologist's final report of autopsy, which listed the cause of death in this case as, 'Drowning.' There were no other significant contributing conditions listed."

"I conferred with Detective Sonnier and he told me there was no indication of foul play regarding the criminal investigation into the death of Kiely," the report said. "The manner of death in this case has been determined to be accidental."

Thanks to all who shared content because much wasn’t viewable here in the UK. No surprises for me in the autopsy report; tragic loss of a young person having fun.

Hopefully her poor family can grieve now without the craziness of wild speculation they have had to endure.

They didn't "wake up". They hit someone, killed them and kept driving until their car was so broken (from the impact) that they couldn't go any further. Only then did they stop and was collected by a family member because they were so drunk they couldn't walk. I only share this to illustrate my point that being very drunk does not mean you're always going to hit another car - this driver did not. They had travelled several miles and passed multiple cars without incident before hitting a pedestrian, and then continued for several more without hitting anyone else.

It happens and, as sad as I will always be that this driver killed a lovely man and destroyed a family, I'm also glad that they didn't kill anyone else.
As I said they realized they hit someone after it was too late but they realized it. The that inebriated person woke up. Rgardless of how far tha person got driving more likely they were eventually going to hit someone. Its a coincidence that they did not hit someone earlier. I say that 99% likely that this driver would have hit this person who died earlier than not. The deceased person just happened to be there at that time it doesn't mean that had the deceased person not come across this inebriated person earlier that the deceased person would be any safer as perhaps it seems the post seems to perhaps suggest.

Last edited:
There is no bias. Bias would make it victim unfriendly and I don't ever see it that way. An agenda is not taking culpability into account. Rumour, well, my opinion isn't based on rumour either. It has been stated by LE themselves that patrons of the party were not providing information and LE was imploring them to. Its simple to disregard this, in fact very simple. I don't see the issue of what is off. These are important things to consider instead of disregarding them IMO.
It was only in the beginning that LE said not all party goers were forthcoming. It has always been hard to believe nobody saw Kiely leave. That may have been why they thought witnesses were not cooperating.

As far as bias goes, her friends and family have suffered a great loss. Some of them were attacked and accused on SM. They are victims, too.

It was only in the beginning that LE said not all party goers were forthcoming. It has always been hard to believe nobody saw Kiely leave. That may have been why they thought witnesses were not cooperating.

As far as bias goes, her friends and family have suffered a great loss. Some of them were attacked and accused on SM. They are victims, too.
Its sad this is happening thru SM, very sad. I don't think its only because she wasn't seen leaving its also witness statements were not forthcoming. IMO LE will never know who was forthcoming or not. Unless of course LE got dashcam footage from everyone at the party. And LE looked at everyone's dashcam footage in detail. I mean everything. Do they know who all attended the party? Or were people left out that LE doesn't know about? I think its best to question everything because it is someone's life.

Last edited:
While I still would like to read the CHP's MAIT team report on this case after watching the fire cam video and today's announcement by the NCSO that there's no evidence of foul play, I have a good idea what happened in this case.

A young woman became inebriated at a party, became confused when leaving the party, accidentally drove into a nearby lake and drowned when she couldn't escape her car. JMO.
In the pahologist's report what does it say about water content in her system. Such as lungs or stomach. Has that been made public? Plus did they test for other drugs such as GHB? IDK maybe that will be coming out in the toxiclogy report? But if they could test for ethanol & THC content why not other drugs/substances as well as well?

Its sad this is happening thru SM, very sad. I don't think its only because she wasn't seen leaving its also witness statements were not forthcoming. IMO LE will never know who was forthcoming or not. Unless of course LE got dashcam footage from everyone at the party. And LE looked at everyone's dashcam footage in detail. I mean everything. Do they know who all attended the party? Or were people left out that LE doesn't know about? I think its best to question everything because it is someone's life.
Yeah, unfortunately it happens in every case I've followed.

About the party goers, I wonder how many of her friends were actually there? Maybe SS was the only one left between about 11:00 pm and the time she left. Those that didn't know her wouldn't have a reason to notice her unless she stood out in some way.

Add the fact that it was a graduation party that most people attend to have a good time and party. It was dark and they may not have remembered seeing her, or thought nothing of it.

Anyone seeing her vehicle turn the opposite direction when leaving might have assumed the driver was heading towards the beach and thought nothing of it.

LE interviewed 400 people. If they had questions about witness statements or needed to verify, I'm sure they followed up on it and are confident in their findings.

Yeah, unfortunately it happens in every case I've followed.

About the party goers, I wonder how many of her friends were actually there? Maybe SS was the only one left between about 11:00 pm and the time she left. Those that didn't know her wouldn't have a reason to notice her unless she stood out in some way.

Add the fact that it was a graduation party that most people attend to have a good time and party. It was dark and they may not have remembered seeing her, or thought nothing of it.

Anyone seeing her vehicle turn the opposite direction when leaving might have assumed the driver was heading towards the beach and thought nothing of it.

LE interviewed 400 people. If they had questions about witness statements or needed to verify, I'm sure they followed up on it and are confident in their findings.
Not doubting LE. What does the pathologist's report really say. Does it clear everything? The question is if the report hasn't cleared everything then do the statements from those 400 people corroborate with what the pathologist has found? I'm not so sure its that simple.

In the pahologist's report what does it say about water content in her system. Such as lungs or stomach. Has that been made public? Plus did they test for other drugs such as GHB? IDK maybe that will be coming out in the toxiclogy report? But if they could test for ethanol & THC content why not other drugs/substances as well as well?
Re water in lungs/stomach - I had seen a former chief medical officer speaking about this case say that if water was found in lungs/stomach it could not be used as meaningful as after two weeks’ time water could have seeped in.

Re why not test for other drugs - how do we know they didn’t? Did they say they did not test for other drugs? Or did they not reveal the negative drug tests, and instead reveal only the positive results? IMO I would think they would have done a battery of tests.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62
Back