Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I stopped following, as it was clear to me this was your prototypical car-in-water accident. Hopefully this quiets the rumor mill, hell bent on turning this into a murder.
You did call this one early on. I went down some twists and turns along the way for a while. I should have known better. In every case I’ve been on with you, you’ve nailed it!

"Rodni's death was the result of drowning, the Nevada County Sheriff's Office's coroners division found."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVADA COUNTY, Calif. (KTXL) — The death of Kiely Rodni, a teen who went missing in August, was declared accidental by the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Coroner.

“This ruling is based on the pathologist’s finding that her death was the result of drowning and that there was no other information to suggest she was the victim of foul play,” the sheriff’s office said.
Thank you. RIP Kiely, you sweet girl.

Is TMZ linkable here? They are reporting that the toxicology reports say she had THC and ethanol in her system (likely from decomposition) Kiely Rodni's Death Ruled Accidental Drowning, No Signs of Foul Playand NO ALCOHOL.
That's not what it says:

"...though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition."

We learned this in the watts case, as Shannan's body had high levels of ethanol, which is a part of the decomposition process.

There is no indication Shannan had been drinking however, which is different from this case.

We'll simply never know what her intoxication level was, but I think it's likely there were two contributors.

Is TMZ linkable here? They are reporting that the toxicology reports say she had THC and ethanol in her system (likely from decomposition) Kiely Rodni's Death Ruled Accidental Drowning, No Signs of Foul Playand NO ALCOHOL.
This is what TMZ said.
As for the toxicology results, Rodni had both THC and ethanol in her system -- though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition.
No mention of no alcohol or that the ethanol was "likely from decomposition." JMO.

That's not what it says:

"...though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition."

We learned this in the watts case, as Shannan's body had high levels of ethanol, which is a part of the decomposition process.

There is no indication Shannan had been drinking however, which is different from this case.

We'll simply never know what her intoxication level was, but I think it's likely there were two contributors.

My most interesting take away from that article was:

“ The final investigation report states Kiely's body was located in the rear passenger section of her Honda.”

given the amount of discussion here about where poor Kiely was located.

In the report, the Nevada County Sheriff's investigator wrote, "I have recently reviewed the pathologist's final report of autopsy, which listed the cause of death in this case as, 'Drowning.' There were no other significant contributing conditions listed."

"I conferred with Detective Sonnier and he told me there was no indication of foul play regarding the criminal investigation into the death of Kiely," the report said. "The manner of death in this case has been determined to be accidental."

I have thought this was the likely result almost from the very beginning, well before the car was even pulled from Prosser Reservoir, and nothing AWP reported, after doing such a great job of finding her and her car, gave me any reason whatsoever to change my mind that this was exactly what the coroner said, a drowning as a result of an accident, with absolutely nothing that points to foul play. The whole roadside assistance guy story was most likely a well-intentioned distraction from the facts of the case, and nothing more. I know that many will refuse to accept this ruling, but I am confident that LE have made the right call. JMO

May you now finally rest in peace, Kiely.

Last edited:
I stopped following, as it was clear to me this was your prototypical car-in-water accident. Hopefully this quiets the rumor mill, hell bent on turning this into a murder.

One would hope but I think it's gotten worse. I wouldn't be surprised if they started rioting and tried to burn the town down. SM is blowing up. People are crazy and I've never seen a case with such insane thoughts. (No way am I calling them all theories) and I couldn't be more appreciative of WS standards

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

While I know LE owes nothing to the public, the one item I would personally appreciate clarity on is the validity of the video that's been posted here and many other areas as that might calm everything a bit. However, while the family/LE has no obligation to provide any details, I personally think it would benefit not only them, but the friends of Kiely as well. Some of these people have been getting death threats, etc...and it might alleviate some of that. It won't stop it all as many of these people think the FBI, LE, toxicologist are idiots...Ummm, ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
A team of divers with Adventures with Purpose found the Honda CR-V upside down in 14 feet of water with a body inside. The diving group said it had been in the water using sonar boats for 35 minutes when they located the vehicle 55 feet offshore and less than a quarter-mile south of the campground.
My bolding. So it seems that Kiely didn't drive very far at all before having an accident.

RIP sweet girl. Condolences to Kiely's family and friends.

Questions now,
Why did they not wait until 11/1 like they said they were going to?

Why the sudden release? Why no statement on tox?
What made them change their "plan" for 11/1?

Lol, I've noticed. Idiots and social media aren't a good combination.
It seems like there's been a mingling of the online true crime and conspiracy communities in the last few years. Probably a result of the rise of some true crime youtube channels. Crazy conspiracy theories have always been good for clicks and engagement. Unfortunately it often results in harassment of innocent family members and friends of victims.

While I'm a big fan of the work that AWP does, I do hope they learn a few lessons from the aftermath of this case. It seems pretty clear that they never verified the tow truck driver's story before publishing it (despite implying that they had), and that resulted in a very predictable torrent of threats and abuse directed at Kiely's ex-bf and friends.

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

While I know LE owes nothing to the public, the one item I would personally appreciate clarity on is the validity of the video that's been posted here and many other areas as that might calm everything a bit. However, while the family/LE has no obligation to provide any details, I personally think it would benefit not only them, but the friends of Kiely as well. Some of these people have been getting death threats, etc...and it might alleviate some of that. It won't stop it all as many of these people think the FBI, LE, toxicologist are idiots...Ummm, ok.
BBM

As has been posted before in this thread and in #9, CA state law requires that information be public record

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn
Back