Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Look at the post I quoted or the same article here.

Not exactly sure where @LooksSusToMe saw the No alcohol part

That article doesn't say no alcohol, like op claimed.

As for the toxicology results, Rodni had both THC and ethanol in her system -- though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition.

When bodies decompose, ethanol is occasionally detected during toxicology.

Apparently testing couldn't determine if this was related to drinking, or just part of the decomposition process.

It absolutely does not mean she wasn't intoxicated.

Look at the post I quoted or the same article here.

That's not what that means. Ethanol is alcohol. So they're saying that they found alcohol in her system. It's just that since her body had begun decomposing and decomposition can produce ethanol naturally they can't conclusively say whether that alcohol was a result of drinking or decomposition or both.

My most interesting take away from that article was:

“ The final investigation report states Kiely's body was located in the rear passenger section of her Honda.”

given the amount of discussion here about where poor Kiely was located.
BBM and made larger for clarity.

It's been established that Kiely was found in the cargo area, NOT passenger area.

That's not what that means. Ethanol is alcohol. So they're saying that they found alcohol in her system. It's just that since her body had begun decomposing and decomposition can produce ethanol naturally they can't conclusively say whether that alcohol was a result of drinking or decomposition or both.
Exactly, here's a study:

Blood alcohol (ethanol) concentrations in decomposed bodies can mean drinking during life and/or endogenous production after death. The correct interpretation is important in medicolegal cases. In this study, cases with alcohol present were classified as "endogenous production," "ingestion," or "unable to determine."

So sometimes they can determine if the ethanol was due to drinking, sometimes they can determine it's due to decomposition, and other times they simply can't tell. This appears to be the latter.

That article doesn't say what you say it says:

As for the toxicology results, Rodni had both THC and ethanol in her system -- though the ethanol could have been a process of decomposition.

When bodies decompose, ethanol is occasionally detected during toxicology.

Apparently testing couldn't determine if this was related to drinking, or just part of the decomposition process.

It absolutely does not mean she wasn't intoxicated.
BBM

I didn't say it did tbh. I stated that i wasn't sure where OP saw the information.

Questions now,
Why did they not wait until 11/1 like they said they were going to?

Why the sudden release? Why no statement on tox?
What made them change their "plan" for 11/1?

I always viewed it as their anticipated timeframe to complete an investigation and receive toxicology, CHP/MAIT reports as is the case in pretty much every case. Some areas and situations dictate a longer or shorter process. While, I could see Nov. 1st coming and having to tell people they're still waiting on certain things to come back, I don't think this was some special moment setup like Lebron telling the world his decision. This happens on cases every day. They simply all don't catch the attention of the country. Appears the received the information they needed prior to that timeframe.

BBM and made larger for clarity.

It's been established that Kiely was found in the cargo area, NOT passenger area.
Respectfully, WHO established that she was found in the cargo area? <modsnip; snarky>

The final investigation report states Kiely's body was located in the rear passenger section of her Honda. I will choose to believe the people who actually conducted the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I still would like to read the CHP's MAIT team report on this case after watching the fire cam video and today's announcement by the NCSO that there's no evidence of foul play, I have a good idea what happened in this case.

A young woman became inebriated at a party, became confused when leaving the party, accidentally drove into a nearby lake and drowned when she couldn't escape her car. JMO.

<modsnip> Were the passenger seats down? Maybe. Did her body float from the cargo area into the rear passenger area when the vehicle was uprighted & removed? Maybe.

Just because AWP's implication that Kiely and/or her vehicle were seen the day after the party doesn't appear to have been what happened (I've never seen AWP state it as a certainty -- but I could have missed it?), it certainly doesn't negate what we saw when her vehicle and body were discovered. We can't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter. The final investigation report says what it says...and Kiely is still gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
When AWP found Kiely, they had to blur out the rear side window in cargo area so people would not see her body.

Would it not be theoretically possibly for a body to be in the (upside down) rear passenger area, yet for *something*, e.g. a hand, long hair, to be visible through the rear cargo window?

I don’t recall AWP, LE or the media confirming information at the time, therefore I don’t consider it established.

Very IMO

Would it not be theoretically possibly for a body to be in the (upside down) rear passenger area, yet for *something*, e.g. a hand, long hair, to be visible through the rear cargo window?
RSBM

Theoretically, both arguments could be true.

BBM

As has been posted before in this thread and in #9, CA state law requires that information be public record

There may be certain things required by law but what I'm referring to is details that might alleviate some issues friends/family might be feeling that LE is not required to disclose.

Secondly, where is it that they must release this? I haven't follow the CA specifics but coming directly from your post in #9 is this. (Below). seems by your own post that parents are allowed to seal the autopsy of a child in an accident situation. Since we're seeing reports of specifics I'm going to assume they didn't seal it regardless. Again, the public has rights but not rights to literally everything they feel they're entitled to.

Your post

Not sure about the discretion of parent or guardian but many records in CA end up being released for the public to see even in accident situations. I'll have to look into this more to get a more accurate answer.

According to this website:

Vital Records Obtaining Certified Copies of Death Records

www.cdph.ca.gov
www.cdph.ca.gov

"The California Department of Public Health – Vital Records (CDPH-VR) maintains a permanent, public record of every death that has occurred in California since July 1905.

Certified death records are $24 per copy"

I also found this:

"The Deceased Child Victims’ Protection and Privacy Act is not intended to limit access to reports by law enforcement agents, prosecutors, defendants or civil litigants under state and federal discovery laws, but it will deny access to reporters and the general public if the child’s parents choose."

source: California law allows parents to seal child autopsy reports - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Tbh, those of us who watched the discovery video, saw with our own eyes that her body was in the cargo area. Were the passenger seats down? Maybe. Did her body float from the cargo area into the rear passenger area when the vehicle was uprighted & removed? Maybe.

Just because AWP's implication that Kiely and/or her vehicle were seen the day after the party doesn't appear to have been what happened (I've never seen AWP state it as a certainty -- but I could have missed it?), it certainly doesn't negate what we saw when her vehicle and body were discovered. We can't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter. The final investigation report says what it says...and Kiely is still gone.

In some cases it doesn’t seem to matter how the investigation ends or what is determined. When conspiracy theories start going off the rails they keep going even when the investigation is complete and makes sense.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back