Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course AWP’s insistence on how very suspicious this incident was, and their roadside assistance narrative, seem to have evaporated into thin air which is absolutely baffling.
rsbm
I agree, @SMK777. It is baffling.

IIRC, Doug Bishop said sometime after AWP's 9/2 public video release, that they would release more information supporting their suspicion of foul play AFTER the investigation was complete. I wonder if AWP's awkward silence right now is because the investigation is not yet complete. As I understand it from prior LE updates, both the CHP and FBI reports are pending.

So in other words, perhaps the woman with a high BMI has not yet sung. ;)

All IMO.

rsbm
I agree, @SMK777. It is baffling.

IIRC, Doug Bishop said sometime after AWP's 9/2 public video release, that they would release more information supporting their suspicion of foul play AFTER the investigation was complete. I wonder if AWP's awkward silence right now is because the investigation is not yet complete. As I understand it from prior LE updates, both the CHP and FBI reports are pending.

So in other words, perhaps the woman with a high BMI has not yet sung. ;)

All IMO.
Maybe so. They did put out a statement that there would be “nothing further”, but maybe that was just to blow off the flood of requests they were receiving. This case has been very perplexing…

Maybe so. They did put out a statement that there would be “nothing further”, but maybe that was just to blow off the flood of requests they were receiving. This case has been very perplexing…
Yeah, I find it interesting that all we are hearing from AWP is crickets now, after being so vocal that this was foul play. I was anxiously awaiting the hinted at proof that RA guy serviced Kiely's car the morning after it apparently ended up in Lake Prosser. Seems we are supposed to forget about all that now.

I really am in awe of AWP's abilities in sonar recovery. Had they not recovered Kiely's car, we have every reason to believe it would still be lying in Prosser Lake today, and for who knows how long in the future. Having said that, I hope that they learned many lessons about working an active case, that they will use to make them far more valuable to LE in the future. JMO

Last edited:
Yeah, I find it interesting that all we are hearing from AWP is crickets now, after being so vocal that this was foul play. I was anxiously awaiting the hinted at proof that RA guy serviced Kiely's car the morning after it apparently ended up in Lake Prosser. Seems we are supposed to forget about all that now.

I really am in awe of AWP's abilities in sonar recovery. Had they not recovered Kiely's car, we have every reason to believe it would still be lying in Prosser Lake today, and for who knows how long in the future. Having said that, I hope that they learned many lessons about working an active case, that they will use to make them far n=more valual=le to LE in the future. JMO
Yes, they’re to be commended for the wonderful work they do.

But I’ll never understand why they put that road assistance footage in that important video. It definitely made many, many people believe that Kiely had to have been deceased when her car went into the water, and that this occurred after the 6th. And that subsequently it obviously was no accident.

Any time I or hundreds of people on YouTube would ask if it were possible that AWP might have been duped by this guy, we were assured, “Oh, no; AWP would NEVER have included that unless they were absolutely 100 % positive that he was legitimate— their reputations are at stake!”.

So is there an idea of when CHP or FBI will release reports or if they will release anything at all? How can manner of death be put on autopsy report if coroner doesn't have full investigative reports? Also can someone post where to find autopsy report or link it if this wasn't already done? Haven't been able to chec this thread for a while. Thank you!

So is there an idea of when CHP or FBI will release reports or if they will release anything at all? How can manner of death be put on autopsy report if coroner doesn't have full investigative reports? Also can someone post where to find autopsy report or link it if this wasn't already done? Haven't been able to chec this thread for a while. Thank you!
I think CHP had estimated in November they would be done. I am unsure if I am able to post the link to the Autopsy but it should come up pretty quickly if you google "kiely rodni autopsy report"

The manner of death would be what it is regardless of the circumstance (drowning), cause of death is a different story and what's being investigated (homicide, medical emergency while driving [even an OD]). We know how she died (manner), just not how/why (cause). That was all the coroner could determine with the information provided IMHOO

ETA: Some clarification and spelling mistakes ...it's late for me LOL

Nevada County Final Autopsy Report

(from pg. 7)
Case disposition: closed - accident
Cause of death: drowning

Two detectives from the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, two FBI agents, and an investigator from the Truckee CHP are all listed on the last page of the report.

The manner of death would be what it is regardless of the circumstance (drowning), cause of death is a different story and what's being investigated (homicide, medical emergency while driving [even an OD]). We know how she died (manner), just not how/why (cause). That was all the coroner could determine with the information provided IMHOO

ETA: Some clarification and spelling mistakes ...it's late for me LOL
Manner of death is accidental, homicide, suicide, natural causes, undetermined. Maybe others. Things in CHP or FBI reports would be relevant to determining manner of death. Drowning, strangulation, gunshot wound to head, heart attack etc would be a cause of death.

The description of KR's clothing on page 1 of the Report on Autopsy (lines 21-26) list her sneakers as being gray-green. A search for images of gray and green Vans yields a surprising variety. So now we know that the BOLO description of her sneakers (black Vans) was off, or she went home and changed into a different pair, or else she already had that different pair in her car.

The description of KR's clothing on page 1 of the Report on Autopsy (lines 21-26) list her sneakers as being gray-green. A search for images of gray and green Vans yields a surprising variety. So now we know that the BOLO description of her sneakers (black Vans) was off, or she went home and changed into a different pair, or else she already had that different pair in her car.
It is also possible that the black ink was leeched out after prolonged submersion in the lake and faded to gray-green (black faded to gray with some green algae perhaps).

So is this it, then? Nothing new in the past month? No comments, either? Or is there a separate thread I’ve missed? I never heard about the CHP accident report being released, any additional AWP offered, etc. Lots of loose ends on this that we’re never tied up.

So is this it, then? Nothing new in the past month? No comments, either? Or is there a separate thread I’ve missed? I never heard about the CHP accident report being released, any additional AWP offered, etc. Lots of loose ends on this that we’re never tied up.
Yes, I’ve been very disappointed with no follow ups whatsoever.

I was expecting a CHP report but maybe they are not obligated to make it public(?)

Been waiting to hear more as well.
I don't think we will. LE stated that they will continue to work with the family by evaluating additional information related to the investigation. I doubt the accident report will be released to the public, since it was not a criminal investigation. It would be up to the family if they wanted to share more details.

I hope now that all the SM speculation and accusations are over, Kiely's family and friends can focus on celebrating Kiely's spirit. Getting through the holidays is going to be difficult.

I really admire Kiely's mom's strength and words of wisdom she shared with the public. I liked the story she told about Kiely's good friend finally understanding the meaning of the word 'community' as they joined together to help find her. I'm sure it was and will be remembered by many of her friends as the hardest thing they've ever had to go through.

Of course I'd like to know how they are doing now, but I don't think there is much more to say in terms of the actual investigation.

I hope, as Kiely's mom said, they are dancing, reading poetry, sharing stories, and celebrating Kiely's spirit and the gift they had in knowing her throughout this holiday season.

Appparently the AWP channel will release the entire interview with Nick, the tow truck driver. People have been accusing them of fabricating his encounter with KR (or a lookalike) at Boca Lake.
I've seen the 24m AWP member-released video. It is worth a watch, even any skeptics of AWP, Nick the TTD, or foul play theories that still swirl on SM.

I watched the video, although I didnt except any videos to come, since it was ruled accident, and IMO they should have just leave it be. I support AWP, but they should stick with finding submerged cars, not trying to play detectives. Releasing this video is only going to cause hurt for the family and adding to wild rumors, accusations and conspiracy theories all for nothing. They also hint in the comments that they have yet another video, which they'll only release if a certain person is arrested. I'm sorry to say this but it feels like this is only trying to get support and attention to their channel after everything that's been going on with Jared.

IMO they should take this video down. It's just disrespectful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back