Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has also been five days since Rodni’s boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, has heard from her.

Westfall said they exchanged text messages before she left for a senior farewell party at the Prosser Family Campground which was the last place anyone, so far, has reported seeing her.

“And so I was just like, OK. Be safe. Don’t like, do anything stupid,” Westfall said.

Westfall said he complained about his day as she listened.

“Then at 10:30, she responded to what I was saying, and just said, ‘Oh, I’m sorry that you’re going through that,” Westfall said “And that was the last time I heard from her.”

Rodni’s close friend, Kate Cuno, said they spent the afternoon together on Friday, just hours before she disappeared.

“The day of the party, I hung out with her,” Kate Cuno, Rodni’s friend, said “We made creme brulee. Everything was normal. I don’t think she ran away or anything.

Cuno said they were in Reno the day before the party. Reno is a place where Westfall and Rodni could go for some alone time.

“I definitely feel like that in this current situation that she’s safe,” Westfall said. “I don’t know where she is. We don’t have anything to go off of at this point. But, I fully believe that she’s alive and well. And I fully believe that the two of us, three of us or other people are gonna bring her home safe.”
Why would Kiely's boyfriend text her “OK. Be safe. Don’t like, do anything stupid.” ??

As to Site 4 Lakeside Campground - could that be the source of this speculation?

We have reason to believe she might’ve left that party spot to go to another campground with a smaller group of people,” said Marika Veck. “All signs point that somebody took her and probably drugged her and has her.”

Who is the Markia Veck that makes this claim about drugging and kidnapping? Is this person vetted by LE?

What credentials does she have to make this horrible allegation?

A friend showed NewsNation the area where an estimated 200-300 young party goers gathered.

“There were cars up in here and all back in there,” friend Sami Smith said.

A lot of older people started showing up that people didn’t know,” friend Mags Larson added. “A lot of drugs were involved, like drugs that we don’t typically have just in parties, and our parties also just aren’t normally that big.”
Kiely-Rodni-Helicopter-Search-Pic.jpeg
Helicopters search for Kiely Rodni from above. (Credit: Placer County Sheriff’s Office)

“They searched into the forest, they searched into the water. They’ve searched in every single place, and there’s no tire tracks or anything from what I know,” Sami said.

“She’s just a beautiful soul. You know, she’s so sweet and so vibrant,” Larson said
BBM
Darn it.. I worried about this since beginning and I don't like hearing there were people not known to them with drugs in attendance.

I fear she tried to drive home and is off the road or in water somewhere
OR
she accidently OD'd and there is a cover up.
Not saying she willingly did drugs, someone could have slipped her a mickey in her drink.

I sure hope they find her soon. Kudos to the SAR teams out looking and family and friends.
My heart breaks for her mother :(

Why would Kiely's boyfriend text her “OK. Be safe. Don’t like, do anything stupid.” ??
This sounds so much like a young kid. He knows she’s going to party and must know of the possibilities of partygoers. I could see my daughter’s boyfriend saying this. He’s not thinking seriously but he does care.

Has Sami said whether she tried to stop Kiely from driving? I thought it was weird she said Kiely was too drunk to drive and she didn't want to get in the car with her but apparently didn't try to intervene and stop her???

The (ex?) boyfriend's interview was interesting - the fact he decided to go looking for her in Reno and was going to one specific spot made me think she'd done something like this before...although if he thought she might have gone to Reno, who does he think she might have made contact with between then and now or when she arrived (which would have been the middle of the night).
Try not to overthink these kids actions. If my daughter was missing (she’s newly 18) I’m sure her not super smart but trying to help boyfriend would go somewhere random/unexpected. He’d want to be involved and would be hoping for a simple solution but may not be intuitive or have tons of brain power. He’s a kid.

I agree - was day before party. But who was there? Do you think it was Kiely and JW in Reno? Or KC and Kiely? I’m confused about who went.
I think when KC said it she meant she and Kiely were there in Reno. To me, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for her to be talking about where she (KC) and JW were the day before the party.

It has also been five days since Rodni’s boyfriend, Jagger Westfall, has heard from her.

Westfall said they exchanged text messages before she left for a senior farewell party at the Prosser Family Campground which was the last place anyone, so far, has reported seeing her.

“And so I was just like, OK. Be safe. Don’t like, do anything stupid,” Westfall said.

Westfall said he complained about his day as she listened.

“Then at 10:30, she responded to what I was saying, and just said, ‘Oh, I’m sorry that you’re going through that,” Westfall said “And that was the last time I heard from her.”

Rodni’s close friend, Kate Cuno, said they spent the afternoon together on Friday, just hours before she disappeared.

“The day of the party, I hung out with her,” Kate Cuno, Rodni’s friend, said “We made creme brulee. Everything was normal. I don’t think she ran away or anything.

Cuno said they were in Reno the day before the party. Reno is a place where Westfall and Rodni could go for some alone time.

“I definitely feel like that in this current situation that she’s safe,” Westfall said. “I don’t know where she is. We don’t have anything to go off of at this point. But, I fully believe that she’s alive and well. And I fully believe that the two of us, three of us or other people are gonna bring her home safe.”
Interesting that it's day 5 and were just learning about a new BF....especially after both KR's mom and SS have publicly said KR was single. From the Fox 40 interview it sounds like JW / KR have been together awhile per JW..."spending hours together...including time in Reno." Did KR not tell anyone about the relationship?

Also interesting, the female friend KC in the interview says she was with KR Friday before the party. This is the first report of this as well. Previous interviews have said KR was with her best friend Mags...and that's why she rode with KR to the party.

Not doubting their accounts, etc...just find it interesting that these 2 just seem to "pop up together" out of nowhere in this search for KR.

Last edited:
Interesting that Lakeside Campground 4 is or was of interest. I literally ran right past it last night along the shore on my way to the boat ramp.

The LE and I did discuss my neighbors observation of the pickup truck stuck in the mud without plates the morning after the party. The LE acted like they had already followed up on that lead.

LE and I also discussed the various ways out of the Prosser Campground area and I clarified for them that there was NO "dirt only" way to go and someone would have to go either North or South on 89 for a couple of miles to get on different fire roads with unobstructed backroad access to Reno, Loyalton etc.

I would like to clarify there are definitely 2 different BFs involved... one that is local and from the Bay but has long local ties. Which is current and which is ex?!? I dunno....
Can you confirm that what look like roads to get to Hobart Mills Rd from North end of campsite areas, don’t actually connect….

1660186324169.jpeg
1660186535042.jpeg

There has been a lot of speculation about shrooms being eaten and hitting late. Typically shrooms can hit 90-150 minutes after ingestion. Kiely made a comment about getting "f'd up" that night which may indicate more than just drinking. Shrooms are more and more popular with this generation, especially in this area.
I did a very stupid thing at a party when I was 18 — I went “candyflipping” (which is what it’s called when you combine MDMA with LSD). I was not a heavy drinker or drug user. I’d never used LSD before that night because I knew that acid trips largely depend on your mood and personality and knew they could be bad news bears for an anxious person like myself. But I had taken MDMA a handful of times and really enjoyed the experience. So—I agreed to candyflip when my friend said the MDMA muted the hallucination/paranoia effect of LSD and really just felt like a more intense “rolling experience”.

But… SHE WAS INCREDIBLY MISTAKEN. It was one of worst nights of my life.

(Full disclosure: another friend with us that night only took the MDMA and said it was a dud—that she never felt anything. More likely than not, ours were too.)

If you looked up “bad trip” in the dictionary, my experience could be listed there. First of all, we were in Walmart when the drugs kicked in and I thought I was a rat trapped in a maze because I couldn’t find my way out of the aisles. Then, I got behind the wheel and drove like the dumb teenager I was. I had two Mardi Gras beads hanging from my rear view but it looked there were 50 of them. I grew fascinated with them and nearly drove us off the road until the friend who didn’t take the hit of acid made me pull over to let her drive. When I got out the car, I threw up like 10 times. We arrived at a small house party about 30 minutes later and I was so thankful because I had to really, really relieve my bladder. This is where I ran into my first problem. As I sat there trying to desperately to pee, I could not get my brain to concentrate long enough to make it happen. Instead, I was examining the tiles on the floor that looked ten feet tall. Or the shapes blooming out of the wallpaper. I finally gave up and rejoined my friends only to repeat this process several times over the next half hour. By this time, I was in legitimate pain and majorly FREAKING OUT because I couldn’t go!

My night only went downhill from there. We left and went to a club some time later and I thought everyone there was an alien. I believed my brain was going to be stuck in its current state forever. After I’d been high for TWELVE HOURS, I laid in bed and prayed to God to make it go away and swore that I’d never do drugs again. (A promise that I kept, BTW.) As I prayed, the flames of hell were reaching up for me from underneath my bed. It was truly a living nightmare.

I pray KR is okay.

Who is the Markia Veck that makes this claim about drugging and kidnapping? Is this person vetted by LE?

What credentials does she have to make this horrible allegation?
No idea. KOLO-TV would have to answer to that.

I haven’t been impressed with media or LE the first few days, having another teen taking the lead etc., but LE involvement has since been stepped up.

ETA: I’m thinking media isn’t asking many pointed questions. Just getting people on camera to say what they know. May be by design. Just keep everyone talking and the pieces may fall into place. JMO

Last edited:
I’m sorry if I missed it - do you know where on the map “The Sanctuary” was? Also do you think cars parked on a road or further away at a lot?

UpdatedMap2.jpg
Based on the pictures I have seen of the party The Sanctuary is at the yellow star, and what I took pictures of last night. It also had serious amount of car traffic through it recently... with many cars parked right there. Interestingly in my convo with the LE, they insisted the party was at the green star which is a dirt area between the shore and an "island" which is not an island right now because of the low water. We did talk about how shallow that area is and there was very minimal chance that a car could be there. The green star area could also handle a lot of parked cars as well. Who knows, maybe there were 2 groups of parties.... I could see 200-300 kids between the both of them. This is definite just my opinion....

Anyhow I was not going to debate with the LE that based on pictures etc, I believed The Sanctuary was a few hundred yards away. The LE is just focused on trying to figure out where KR is...

I did a very stupid thing at a party when I was 18 — I went “candyflipping” (which is what it’s called when you combine MDMA with LSD). I was not a heavy drinker or drug user. I’d never used LSD before that night because I knew that acid trips largely depend on your mood and personality and knew they could be bad news bears for an anxious person like myself. But I had taken MDMA a handful of times and really enjoyed the experience. So—I agreed to candyflip when my friend said the MDMA muted the hallucination/paranoia effect of LSD and really just felt like a more intense “rolling experience”.

But… SHE WAS INCREDIBLY MISTAKEN. It was one of worst nights of my life.

(Full disclosure: another friend with us that night only took the MDMA and said it was a dud—that she never felt anything. More likely than not, ours were too.)

If you looked up “bad trip” in the dictionary, my experience could be listed there. First of all, we were in Walmart when the drugs kicked in and I thought I was a rat trapped in a maze because I couldn’t find my way out of the aisles. Then, I got behind the wheel and drove like the dumb teenager I was. I had two Mardi Gras beads hanging from my rear view but it looked there were 50 of them. I grew fascinated with them and nearly drove us off the road until the friend who didn’t take the hit of acid made me pull over to let her drive. When I got out the car, I threw up like 10 times. We arrived at a small house party about 30 minutes later and I was so thankful because I had to really, really relieve my bladder. This is where I ran into my first problem. As I sat there trying to desperately to pee, I could not get my brain to concentrate long enough to make it happen. Instead, I was examining the tiles on the floor that looked ten feet tall. Or the shapes blooming out of the wallpaper. I finally gave up and rejoined my friends only to repeat this process several times over the next half hour. By this time, I was in legitimate pain and majorly FREAKING OUT because I couldn’t go!

My night only went downhill from there. We left and went to a club some time later and I thought everyone there was an alien. I believed my brain was going to be stuck in its current state forever. After I’d been high for TWELVE HOURS, I laid in bed and prayed to God to make it go away and swore that I’d never do drugs again. (A promise that I kept, BTW.) As I prayed, the flames of hell were reaching up for me from underneath my bed. It was truly a living nightmare.

I pray KR is okay.
Reminds me of karlie guse

I agree - was day before party. But who was there? Do you think it was Kiely and JW in Reno? Or KC and Kiely? I’m confused about who went.
Abbott: Who's on first?

Costello: One base at a time!

Abbott: Well, don't change the players around…

I thought Mags and Kiely hung out most of the day of the party. Did they all three hang together.

“The day of the party, I hung out with her,” Kate Cuno, Rodni’s friend, said “We made creme brulee. Everything was normal. I don’t think she ran away or anything.”

Last edited:
Boyfriend and friend interview

10th Aug.

Boyfriend - So, that's why we came here today, because I wanted to have a look around for myself because I haven't been here yet.
Reporter - This is a place (talking about Reno) where Kiely and her boyfriend J spent many hours together. He and a close friend described her as a very smart young woman, a tough girl and they are confident she is still alive.

It's been five days since Kiely's boyfriend JW has heard from her, he said they exchanged text messages before she left for a senior farewell party at the Prosser Family Campground. The last place anyone so far has reported seeing her.

Boyfriend - And so, I was just like 'ok, be safe and don't, like, do anything stupid'.

Reporter - He said he complained about his day and she listened.

Boyfriend - At 10.30, she responded to what I was saying and just said 'Oh I'm sorry that you're going through that', and that was the last time I heard from her.

Reporter - Kiely's close friend, KC, says they spent the afternoon together on Friday, just hours before she disappeared.

K - The day of the party I hung out with her, we made creme brulee. She was...I mean everything was normal. I don't think she would run away or.... (I think there was an edit here) I mean, I would have noticed if something was slightly off.

Reporter - While law enforcement, including the FBI, continue their search in and around the Prosser Campground and Reservoir, J and K and another friend went to Reno to search for themselves for Kiely.

Kate says they were in Reno the day before the party and Reno was a place J and Kiely could go for some alone time. We followed them to a location in the hills, where J and Kiely spent some time in the past.

Boyfriend - I definitely feel like, that, in this current situation that she's safe. I don't know where she is, we don't have anything to go off of at this point, but I fully believe that she's alive and well, and I fully believe that the two of us, three of us or other people are going to bring her home, safe.

Reporter - More later....

On an unrelated note but something I haven't seen asked and have wondered about- what is the significance of law enforcement not releasing the location of the surveillance video image from 6pm Friday? I would think it would be fairly obvious to locals if they had been there before, so just curious why you guys think they wouldn't say where she was at in the surveillance image?

Last edited:
Boyfriend and friend interview

10th Aug.

Boyfriend - So, that's why we came here today, because I wanted to have a look around for myself because I haven't been here yet.
Reporter - This is a place (talking about Reno) where Kiely and her boyfriend J spent many hours together. He and a close friend described her as a very smart young woman, a tough girl and they are confident she is still alive.

It's been five days since Kiely's boyfriend JW has heard from her, he said they exchanged text messages before she left for a senior farewell party at the Prosser Family Campground. The last place anyone so far has reported seeing her.

Boyfriend - And so, I was just like 'ok, be safe and don't, like, do anything stupid'.

Reporter - He said he complained about his day and she listened.

Boyfriend - At 10.30, she responded to what I was saying and just said 'Oh I'm sorry that you're going through that', and that was the last time I heard from her.

Reporter - Kiely's close friend, KC, says they spent the afternoon together on Friday, just hours before she disappeared.

K - The day of the party I hung out with her, we made creme brulee. She was...I mean everything was normal. I don't think she would run away or.... (I think there was an edit here) I mean, I would have noticed if something was slightly off.

Reporter - While law enforcement, including the FBI, continue their search in and around the Prosser Campground and Reservoir, J and K and another friend went to Reno to search for themselves for Kiely.

Kate says they were in Reno the day before the party and Reno was a place J and Kiely could go for some alone time. We followed them to a location in the hills, where J and Kiely spent some time in the past.

Boyfriend - I definitely feel like, that, in this current situation that she's safe. I don't know where she is, we don't have anything to go off of at this point, but I fully believe that she's alive and well, and I fully believe that the two of us, three of us or other people are going to bring her home, safe.

Reporter - More later....
Good stuff. So... “Kate says they were in Reno the day before the party”. Who is they? Her and Kiely? All 3 of them?

This sounds so much like a young kid. He knows she’s going to party and must know of the possibilities of partygoers. I could see my daughter’s boyfriend saying this. He’s not thinking seriously but he does care.
Ok, thanks for your point of view! I would have expected something more like "Ok, have fun. Be safe/drive carefully." Given the circumstances the phrase "Don't do anything stupid" stood out to me and made me wonder if he was concerned about Kiely going to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee