Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops release chilling image of sweatshirt Kiely Rodni was wearing before going missing

The boyfriend of missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni has revealed he told her to “be safe” just hours before she vanished from a party at a California campground — as cops released a chilling image of the sweatshirt she was wearing at the time.

A frantic search is underway after Rodni was last seen at an end-of-school party near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee, just north of Lake Tahoe, at about 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, authorities said.

Her boyfriend’s revelation came as the Placer County Sheriff’s Office released an image on Wednesday of the sweatshirt Rodni had with her at the party when she went missing.

The sweatshirt had a disturbing Lana Del Ray song lyrics brandished across that read: “You don’t want to be forgotten, you just want to disappear.”

Does anyone else's theory change from one moment to the next? I have been so convinced this was an accident and she would be found, but with no car being found after 6 days I am starting to doubt this. When I go down the rabbit hole of if not an accident, than what it gets messy and overwhelming. Please let today be the day this girls poor family gets answers.
My theory of what happened doesn't change from moment to moment, but what we think we know, based on interviews and reporting certainly changes, moment to moment.

I still believe she was inebriated and had an accident, most likely in water, and has not been located yet. JMO

“The Amber Alert should have already been issued immediately," her mother, Lindsey Rodni-Nieman said Wednesday while speaking to members of the community and a group of law enforcement officers at a town meeting.

She called on the public to go to state legislators to change policies surrounding missing kids, such as when Amber Alerts are issued and for whom, but added that those hoping to find her daughter should focus on the positive.

"Please understand that the lack of any information, the lack of any new movement forward with this case, is not for a lack of resources, it's not for a lack of want, it's not for a lack of determination from everyone who I'm looking at," she said. "…So let's work together and let's focus on asking questions that will lead to positive results."

Rodni's father, Daniel Rodni, also spoke the town meeting, saying his daughter is now the "community's daughter."

"She is no longer just our daughter. This is your kids. These are the parties that your kids are going to,' he said. "We need answers, and you need answers because when your kids turn 16, where are they going to go? … Kiely is your child, too."

Is there anything to be read into the fact that the link seems to classify this as a kidnapping, or is that standard for how the FBI shares flyers for a MP case?
This has been treated as an endangered person from the git go...I think they have some evidence. I am wondering if they didn't find the sweatshirt somewhere around the campgrounds (possiblly site 4?...see my comment #302)

Does anyone else's theory change from one moment to the next? I have been so convinced this was an accident and she would be found, but with no car being found after 6 days I am starting to doubt this. When I go down the rabbit hole of if not an accident, than what it gets messy and overwhelming. Please let today be the day this girls poor family gets answers.
The (ex) bf comments have me scratching my head a little.... With the phone turning off at Prosser, I felt pretty confident that she might be found at Prosser, but now I'm not so sure. If comments about two different BFs (or ex BF's) being in the mix are true, that could be cause for concern... someone developing jealousy.

One can only hope that one of these more obscure scenarios did play out and she didn't have an accident, as 6 days out... chances are very slim of that having a positive outcome.

My theory of what happened doesn't change from moment to moment, but what we think we know, based on interviews and reporting certainly changes, moment to moment.

I still believe she was inebriated and had an accident, most likely in water, and has not been located yet. JMO
I waver between that, and the suspicion that she met with some type of foul play (drug mishap or sexual assault) which was covered up.

I still believe that’s a possibility, though veering off into the water while driving is more likely. I guess only time will tell.

I’m still hung up on the fighting. Organized fights?! Like amateur boxing? Ultimate fighting? So maybe this wasn’t the peace and love “full moon gatherings” we used to have in Southern California, with tons of ecstasy lsd and shrooms.

Rather, this sounds aggressive and testosterone fueled? I don’t think I would ever let my teenage daughter go alone, in the woods at midnight, with dozens of aggressive juiced up fight boys?!

And maybe that’s part of the point, she went as a group with her teenage girlfriends…but they all quickly split off with boys.
I wouldn't think into the "organized fights" comment too much. My 18 year old son always has a ton of friends over and they do this, not in a "Fight Club" way but more like "Ok, Mike wrestle John and then I have winner." They're not knocking each other out, just rough-housing. He has a large group of friends and any given weekend night when they are over the night ultimately ends up with this kind of "play". I could see how a teen who wants to sound more sophisticated would label it as such to MSM.
Sidenote just for FYI: there is never any kind of drink or drugs involved at our house. This is just their normal behavior.

I haven't posted on this topic at all, but I have been following along. I wanted to add that to anyone who is snapchat savvy, if you go to Snapmaps and put in Prosser Lake, there are a lot of snaps still up from Friday and Saturday. None appear to be of the party, but there do appear to be lots of other campers at the campground. It also gives you a really good perspective of the terrain and what the area looks like.

I waver between that, and the suspicion that she met with some type of foul play (drug mishap or sexual assault) which was covered up.

I still believe that’s a possibility, though veering off into the water while driving is more likely. I guess only time will tell.
I think, if not an assault, an accident on way home. The car is off the road in a ravine with possibly no tire marks or indicators of the accident.

Do we know her location when the phone was turned off?
Can they tell if a phone was manually turned off, or just died for other reason?

Still catching up but had a new thought and I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the possibility yet.
Someone up thread asked if anyone was staying in Kiely's parents lodge during this time.
I think that's a good question. I can imagine having a bed and breakfast type place like that, there is tons of interaction between the family and staying guests. What if it wasn't someone at the party but a possible guest or past guest that developed an interest in Kiely. They might have even found out about the party and intercepted her somehow before she got home that night or maybe even was home but hadn't made it inside.
I'm sure LE is all over any possible guests or previous ones that might have had interaction with Kiely.

Section of donner pass rd is closed on maps.

I saw the closure on google maps while I ran off to search for reasons it might be closed, but by the time I got back to the google map, it appeared reopened? It could have been a rolling traffic stop for this major project on I-80? CALtrans doesn't list any closures in the area. All to say, this is likely unrelated.

Still catching up but had a new thought and I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the possibility yet.
Someone up thread asked if anyone was staying in Kiely's parents lodge during this time.
I think that's a good question. I can imagine having a bed and breakfast type place like that, there is tons of interaction between the family and staying guests. What if it wasn't someone at the party but a possible guest or past guest that developed an interest in Kiely. They might have even found out about the party and intercepted her somehow before she got home that night or maybe even was home but hadn't made it inside.
I'm sure LE is all over any possible guests or previous ones that might have had interaction with Kiely.
It’s definitely a possibility that needs to be checked out, and I agree with you that they must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme