Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kiely normally has a curfew to be home by 11.30pm but sometimes messages asking to stay out until 12.30am if she is at a party said d Ms Rodni-Nieman. "
According to SS, Kiely arrived at the party at 10pm, and her journey home was 40 mins.
So, if she had pre-arranged with her mother to be back home at 11.30pm, then it would've only given her just 50 minutes at the party which seems ridiculous!

This can't be right!

Even the extended 00.30am curfew would have only allowed her 1 hour 50 minutes at the party.

These times just seem too...odd. And short. And not quite right. It doesn't add up.

So .....

Maybe there was another party or get-together somewhere else Kiely went to, before the one at Prosser Lake....?

Perhaps going to Prosser Lake was only decided at the last minute?
Is that why she arrived so late, and had to be back so soon?
Because she was supposed to be somewhere else that evening, and her curfew time was worked out from that location?

We still don't know her whereabouts between the last CCTV sighting of her in the store and her arrival at the party 4 hours later.

MOO.

According to SS, Kiely arrived at the party at 10pm, and her journey home was 40 mins.
So, if she had pre-arranged with her mother to be back home at 11.30pm, then it would've only given her just 50 minutes at the party which seems ridiculous!

This can't be right!

Even the extended 00.30am curfew would have only allowed her 1 hour 50 minutes at the party.

These times just seem too...odd. And short. And not quite right. It doesn't add up.

So .....

Maybe there was another party or get-together somewhere else Kiely went to, before the one at Prosser Lake....?

Perhaps going to Prosser Lake was only decided at the last minute?
Is that why she arrived so late, and had to be back so soon?
Because she was supposed to be somewhere else that evening, and her curfew time was worked out from that location?

We still don't know her whereabouts between the last CCTV sighting of her in the store and her arrival at the party 4 hours later.

MOO.
What sort of store was this? Do we know if someone procured alcohol for the under 21s here?

This is speculation by me, but they may well have already been partying at this point. This sounds like it was quite a big deal socially.

Is anyone in the thread local? Perhaps a local could better explain what young people do for fun.

In the rural area where I grew up, there was a "loop" everyone would "cruise". It pretty much involved driving around in a large circle, stopping at either a gas station or the the lone pizza place, repeat as necessary. You could also drive too fast down a nearby highway and then off on dirt roads into the middle of nowhere, including "racing."

In addition to the usual stuff teenagers would get up to if anyone had a house without parents around prior to a party out in the woods. The out in the woods stuff was more a see and be seen, a place to hook up, blow off steam. Way too much drunk driving happened afterwards. Kids would often drive an hour away to a town with a 24 hour McDonalds, and sadly a lot of fatal car accidents still happen in this area, since the parties are a "tradition."

I would lean towards a bunch of young people cruising around, probably drinking, but JMO.

I noticed SS mentions they drank out of the same containers. I found that very specific. Not sure what it means, if anything, but I noticed.
If true, that would rule out any theory that Kiely's drinks cup was spiked with drugs....if they all drank from the same container, they would have all been spiked with drugs.

If true, that would rule out any theory that Kiely's drinks cup was spiked with drugs....if they all drank from the same container, they would have all been spiked with drugs.
Right, but the fact remains that her friend states she was in no condition to drive and was going to camp with friends. Who were those friends.? Did they have a place for her to sleep? A sleeping bag? Seems most, if not all of her friends ditched her

Agreed. Here’s a video showing how quickly a pickup truck can sink in shallow water. No one was inside - it slipped down an algae-coated boat launch. But it shows if there’s any momentum, the vehicle will float like a boat and drift in the direction of momentum before sinking. Truck sinks in lake
45 seconds

Right, but the fact remains that her friend states she was in no condition to drive and was going to camp with friends. Who were those friends.? Did they have a place for her to sleep? A sleeping bag? Seems most, if not all of her friends ditched her

The only thing that males me kind of believe the possibility of SS finding it plausible Kiely was "going to sleep there" is the plans she apparently had to go camping the following day with the group of friends she was supposed to meet at Starbucks. I don't remember if SS was one of these friends, but if she was, or if she knew about the camping plans, then it doesn't seem as odd. (i.e. she may have had basic gear in her SUV)

The only thing that males me kind of believe the possibility of SS finding it plausible Kiely was "going to sleep there" is the plans she apparently had to go camping the following day with the group of friends she was supposed to meet at Starbucks. I don't remember if SS was one of these friends, but if she was, or if she knew about the camping plans, then it doesn't seem as odd. (i.e. she may have had basic gear in her SUV)
KR’s Mom states she called SS around 8 a.m. when she woke and discovered her daughter wasn’t home to see if she spent the night there. So no. Don’t believe SS was one of the hiking crew

Right, but the fact remains that her friend states she was in no condition to drive and was going to camp with friends. Who were those friends.?
Yes, her friend (SS) said Kiely was going to be camping over there during the night.

Yet her mother was expecting Kiely home and the last communication with her was about that, and what time she was leaving and would be due back home.

Hmmmm. Contradictions.

MOO.

I noticed SS mentions they drank out of the same containers. I found that very specific. Not sure what it means, if anything, but I noticed.

I think SS is trying to imply there was no date rape drug or other dangerous additive that would have harmed KR because they were all drinking the same thing out of the same containers

Although I personally DO find it a bit odd to assume your female friend would overnight ALONE while drunk.

Methinks one may set up a defense for people potentially pointing fingers at why no one discouraged KR from driving while intoxicated. jmo. I'm not taking a stance either way on the decisions KR and friends made that night, but I don't think the friends actually assumed she was going to stay overnight or hitch a ride with someone else

Again imo

it means she was not "poisoned" because SS is still around... or at least she was not poisoned while SS was there. Though K also seems small and thin, so possibly alcohol poisoned with only a small amount of alcohol and/or other substances. remind me again why teens do this stuff...

The camping trip was for the next day. Nothing points to KR planning to stay overnight except for comments thrown in by SS when talking about KR being too intoxicated to drive home.
All other conversations ie. Telling her mom she was designated driver, planning on telling her mom she was gonna be late because she couldn't find her friend she was driving home, actually telling her mom she was headed home in 45 min, calling SS to see if she still wanted a ride, and having 9am plans to meet at Starbucks the next day ... it all points to her never planning on staying overnight IMO

The camping trip was for the next day. Nothing points to KR planning to stay overnight except for comments thrown in by SS when talking about KR being too intoxicated to drive home.
All other conversations ie. Telling her mom she was designated driver, planning on telling her mom she was gonna be late because she couldn't find her friend she was driving home, actually telling her mom she was headed home in 45 min, calling SS to see if she still wanted a ride, and having 9am plans to meet at Starbucks the next day ... it all points to her never planning on staying overnight IMO

It also sounds to me like she wasn't very drunk. Which doesn't fit with other parts of the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX