Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if she was driving after 11, driving others under 20 and drinking alcohol or more at 16, i dont think she will only drive 15 mph at all times there. when i think of ppl leaving the party there is usually a fair amount of peeling out.

also i believe the ramp is around a corner from where they were, if im not mistaken.

There are a ton of short cuts and other paths. When I look at google maps, there are endless wrong turns to take. I know from experience, if you don't know your route, and are just looking for signs it is easy to take the wrong road. Being impaired and possibly foggy weather to the mix, and I can see her going anywhere. I even see there is a road marked old 89, its east to assume that it is the new 89 as well.
The maps show all kinds of USFS roads that interconnect all over that peninsula... It depends how many times she's driven the area.... And if she has the survival sense she's been credited with, she didn't get "lost." And yet, if she was unconscious....all bets are off. Old 89 is the other side of an arm of the reservoir from where they were. KR shouldn't have met up with Old 89...

It does remain possible KR ran away or is taking some time away.

We haven't really discussed it as possible, at least not that I have seen, since she seems to have a good relationship with her mom and has other strong social ties.

We do know she has income, she has a vehicle, and while she was academically motivated to graduate high school early, she is also out drinking and partying. Completely within the norm for teens, and I'm not judging by any stretch, only agreeing there is a slim chance something like what you have posted could be going on.

Her friends may not have any knowledge, IF this was the scenario.

Teens with no apparent reason to do so, DO sometimes leave home, and she did have opportunities to meet people her family and friends may not have known about.
<modsnip - sleuthing family> So maybe this caused some turmoil? But the close relationship with her Mom is what brings me to think she would have connected back already if it was just a basic family fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - sleuthing family> But the close relationship with her Mom is what brings me to think she would have connected back already if it was just a basic family fight.
Right? Although sometimes teens head off with people who turn out not to be who they think they are?

I don't think this scenario is particularly likely, but she seems very independent, and in some ways mature for her age. She could have gotten in over her head, met a guy online, at work, and connected again at the party or after and maybe she isn't able to contact anyone?

This kind of thing has happened to fully adult women, so it's possible?

Edited to add: the last few years have been difficult for most people, in one way or another. I think it is fair to question if people are really OK, even if everything in their life might seem as though it's amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE

True Crime Misfits is not an approved source.

Sleuthing social media of any individual other than victim or an LE officially named perp is not allowed.

Disparaging or criticizing the family in any way is not victim friendly. Just don't do it.

Don't say you read or saw something somewhere. Unless you can provide a link to "somewhere" that is an approved source, don't even mention it.

Admin has warned before about trashing/bashing SS and that we have a zero tolerance in place where members who do so will be banned from this discussion. Don't ignore Admin or Mod notes or warnings. Members won't be warned again. You'll just find yourself unable to post.

ETA: Admin edited to remove reference to Moonshine Ink

Last edited:
Hey folks ... my error about Moonshine Ink not being approved. I didn't realize it was a local publication and didn't see that Knitty had already approved it. Sorry for any confusion.

We'll reinstate the posts that were removed as a result and I've edited my Admin Note in that regard.

Last edited:
I've
The maps show all kinds of USFS roads that interconnect all over that peninsula... It depends how many times she's driven the area.... And if she has the survival sense she's been credited with, she didn't get "lost." And yet, if she was unconscious....all bets are off. Old 89 is the other side of an arm of the reservoir from where they were. KR shouldn't have met up with Old 89...
I've been looking at maps, curious about the big picture.

Do I understand correctly that she lived in Truckee, she was at a party with 300 people, drugs were used, she may have been drugged before she left the party, her phone shut down an hour after requesting a curfew extension. I read that side sonar was used, but could not find any details.

1660789157407.png

1660788561414.png

Last edited:
I've

Do I understand correctly that she lived in Truckee, she was at a party with 300 people, drugs were used, she may have been drugged before she left the party, her phone shut down an hour after requesting a curfew extension. I read that side sonar was used, but could not find any details.

View attachment 360286

View attachment 360287
Yes... I think that’s pretty much the gist of it!
Glad to see you here. You always provide excellent maps and information!

I've

View attachment 360290

View attachment 360286
The Placer County Sheriff official social media has not released details of the sites that were searched. They did say in a press conference this was for protection of the investigation and not to keep secrets or hide anything. jmo

Yes... I think that’s pretty much the gist of it!
Glad to see you here. You always provide excellent maps and information!
First gut feeling, without knowing enough, if it's true that she was drugged when she left the party, is that someone had an eye on her at the time she left the party and that she was not alone when she, her CRV and her phone left the party. Her phone appears to have been turned off at the lake one hour after she phoned her mother to request a curfew extension.

I don't see how she could vanish on the roads from the party to home - I don't see enough steep cliffs and, if a car did go over a cliff, the headlights would be on. Anyone else leaving the party would have seen headlights in the trees an hour later. Road accident and water accident seem unlikely.

That leaves one possibility - that she did not leave the party alone.

First gut feeling, without knowing enough, if it's true that she was drugged when she left the party, is that someone had an eye on her at the time she left the party and that she was not alone when she, her CRV and her phone left the party. Her phone appears to have been turned off at the lake one hour after she phoned her mother to request a curfew extension.

I don't see how she could vanish on the roads from the party to home - I don't see enough steep cliffs and, if a car did go over a cliff, the headlights would be on. Anyone else leaving the party would have seen headlights in the trees an hour later. Road accident and water accident seem unlikely.

There have been no allegations from LE that she was, or may have been drugged by someone else, only speculation here that she may have used drugs, JMO

ETA...300 is on the high end of the estimate of the number of people who may have been there, but it seems very likely that there were not that many there at the same time, as people came and left over the course of the evening, probably much like a floating shower JMO

Last edited:

Do you think it’s possible she could be in water?

There have been no allegations from LE that she was, or may have been drugged, only speculation here that she may have used drugs, JMO
Thank you! I have not kept up with comments.

Assuming that she went to the party, met friends, no drugs or intoxication, she asked to extend curfew, her phone went silent an hour later, people know when she left the party, but she, her CRV, her phone all vanished at the same time.

It sounds like the timeline is that she left the party at midnight. Curfew was 12:30 AM? Did her phone go dead before or after that time? Was it 12:45 AM at the lake that the phone last pinged?

Do you think it’s possible she could be in water?
I thought that at first - in the water. I looked all around this map to figure out where she might have accidentally driven into the lake - where there is a steep drop close to shore. The brown lines in the map illustrate elevation topography.

1660791151112.png

Thank you! I have not kept up with comments.

Assuming that she went to the party, met friends, no drugs or intoxication, she asked to extend curfew, her phone went silent an hour later, people know when she left the party, but she, her CRV, her phone all vanished at the same time.

It sounds like the timeline is that she left the party at midnight. Curfew was 12:30 AM? Did her phone go dead before or after that time? Was it 12:45 AM at the lake that the phone last pinged?
Well, her friends have publicly spoken to media, and said that KR was too intoxicated to drive.

KR texted her mom around 11:30 to ask for an extended curfew, which was granted.

Her friend SS says she spoke to her at 12:36 and that’s the last anyone has heard from her per SS.

KR’s last ping was at 12:33 in the vicinity of the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca