Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that at first - in the water. I looked all around this map to figure out where she might have accidentally driven into the lake - where there is a steep drop close to shore. The brown lines in the map illustrate elevation topography.

View attachment 360296

There’s some pretty good photos on these threads showing the area. Locals have stated that If she turned the wrong way upon leaving the party, it dead ends at a boat ramp straight into the water.

Combine that with intoxication, age, and total darkness, I believe that’s a very likely possibility. JMO.

Thank you! I have not kept up with comments.

Assuming that she went to the party, met friends, no drugs or intoxication, she asked to extend curfew, her phone went silent an hour later, people know when she left the party, but she, her CRV, her phone all vanished at the same time.

It sounds like the timeline is that she left the party at midnight. Curfew was 12:30 AM? Did her phone go dead before or after that time? Was it 12:45 AM at the lake that the phone last pinged?
No one saw her leave the party. Phone went off the grid at 12:33 am. jmo

ETA: LE has given us only 2 timeline points. Surveillance video at a local shop at 6:08 pm. Cell phone off the grid at 12:33 am. Nothing in between.

Last edited:
Yea Moonshine Ink is a legit local publication. Truckee used to be a Prohibition era bootlegger kinda town. The historic downtown still has that feel to it. It's a very cool town though recently it's been overrun both by remote tech folks and increasing criminal activity.

I hope AWP coming to join the search will eliminate the Prosser Reservoir water possibility in more people's minds. I personally don't think she's there but having them search will help confirm.

No one saw her leave the party. Phone went off the grid at 12:33 pm. jmo

ETA: LE has given us only 2 timeline points. Surveillance video at a local shop at 6:08 pm. Cell phone off the grid at 12:33 pm. Nothing in between.
We actually aren't sure about that. LE is obviously not releasing everything it knows. Example, they told us she was wearing that Odd Future sweatshirt at the party but did not release any more details nor the actual video.

I've

I've been looking at maps, curious about the big picture.

Do I understand correctly that she lived in Truckee, she was at a party with 300 people, drugs were used, she may have been drugged before she left the party, her phone shut down an hour after requesting a curfew extension. I read that side sonar was used, but could not find any details.

View attachment 360290

View attachment 360286
AWP, Adventures With Purpose, is coming in on Friday to search the water. They have a great track recored so far working on some cold cases, so I am optimistic that if she is in the reservoir, they may be able to locate her. They should be into Truckee on Friday afternoon.

Well, her friends have publicly spoken to media, and said that KR was too intoxicated to drive.

KR texted her mom around 11:30 to ask for an extended curfew, which was granted.

Her friend SS says she spoke to her at 12:36 and that’s the last anyone has heard from her per SS.

KR’s last ping was at 12:33 in the vicinity of the party.
Thank you.

?? - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension to 12:30 AM
12:33 - last ping near lake party
12:36 - friend spoke with her

Did she use her phone to talk to her friend?

There’s some pretty good photos on these threads showing the area. Locals have stated that If she turned the wrong way upon leaving the party, it dead ends at a boat ramp straight into the water.

Combine that with intoxication, age, and total darkness, I believe that’s a very likely possibility. JMO.
It looks like this party spot is not that far from Truckee. If this was her first time at that party location, it is more likely that she drove down a boat ramp into the lake that looked like a mirage in the moonlight. If this is a local party spot where she's been before, it's unlikely that she took a wrong turn.

1660792649081.png

Drunk, drugged, teenagers didn't panic after an overdose and then manage to hide a body and a car so well that no one can find a trace. JMHO

When a vehicle leaves the road and careens into a body of water, there will be evidence of it. The roads have been scoured.

Most likely someone she knew offered to drive her home safely; but had nefarious intent.

Sixteen year olds think the world is safe. They are just babies, really. So sad.

We actually aren't sure about that. LE is obviously not releasing everything it knows. Example, they told us she was wearing that Odd Future sweatshirt at the party but did not release any more details nor the actual video.
I'm absolutely sure LE has publicly confirmed only those 2 points in the timeline. They have not confirmed the time Kiely arrived at the party, or what she was doing between 6:08 pm and the time she arrived at the party. They have not confirmed the time she left the party. They have not confirmed the 11:30 pm text or the 12:36 am phone call. They have not confirmed that Kiely was intoxicated. They have not confirmed Kiely went somewhere else after the party. jmo

Thank you.

?? - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension to 12:30 AM
12:33 - last ping near lake party
12:36 - friend spoke with her

Did she use her phone to talk to her friend?
If you search, poster @RedHaus has gotten a very good start on putting together list with timeline of events and facts that have been verified by LE, and in msm, containing no speculation JMO

I'm absolutely sure LE has publicly confirmed only those 2 points in the timeline. They have not confirmed the time Kiely arrived at the party, or what she was doing between 6:08 pm and the time she arrived at the party. They have not confirmed the time she left the party. They have not confirmed the 11:30 pm text or the 12:36 am phone call. They have not confirmed that Kiely was intoxicated. They have not confirmed Kiely went somewhere else after the party. jmo
Correct. and they also have not confirmed that nobody saw her leaving the party. Friend of mother Marika Beck has said something about her being seen with men and fearing an abduction. That hasn't been confirmed by any official source but nor has it been refuted. We aren't supposed to put other sources here so I won't but suffice it to say LE may know more about what happened to her around 12:30 am than is being reported officially.

Correct. and they also have not confirmed that nobody saw her leaving the party. Friend of mother Marika Beck has said something about her being seen with men and fearing an abduction. That hasn't been confirmed by any official source but nor has it been refuted. We aren't supposed to put other sources here so I won't but suffice it to say LE may know more about what happened to her around 12:30 am than is being reported officially.
All kinds of people make all kinds of statements to media. Those statements could be accurate, they could be inaccurate, they could be hearsay. It's up to LE to untangle that and provide us with the facts. They have chosen not to do so. Until then, I do not take those statements as fact. jmo

All kinds of people make all kinds of statements to media. Those statements could be accurate, they could be inaccurate, they could be hearsay. It's up to LE to untangle that and provide us with the facts. They have chosen not to do so. Until then, I do not take those statements as fact. jmo
It's simple, really. The only social media content that can be discussed here has to come from the victim or police/press release.

6:08 PM - last video image
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension
12:01 AM - left party
12:33 AM - dead phone
12:36 AM - last phone call

It's understandable that investigators want to keep the details of the ongoing investigation out of the media.

It's simple, really. The only social media content that can be discussed here has to come from the victim or police/press release.

6:08 PM - last video image
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension
12:01 AM - left party
12:33 AM - dead phone
12:36 AM - last phone call

It's understandable that investigators want to keep the details of the ongoing investigation out of the media.
It's more like this:

6:08 PM - last video image (confirmed by LE)
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension (unconfirmed)
12:01 AM - left party (unconfirmed)
12:33 AM - dead phone (confirmed by LE)
12:36 AM - last phone call (unconfirmed)

IMO

Hannah Graham comes to mind. She was snatched off the street after having a drink with her murderer. Could that have happened here - where Kiely was at a party with 300 people, someone gave her a drink or drugged her, she became vulnerable, she vanished, and her SIM card was destroyed next to the lake after people thought she had left the party?

It's more like this:

6:08 PM - last video image (confirmed by LE)
11:30 PM - requested curfew extension (unconfirmed)
12:01 AM - left party (unconfirmed)
12:33 AM - dead phone (confirmed by LE)
12:36 AM - last phone call (unconfirmed)

IMO
Right. almost nothing has been confirmed by LE. almost nothing.

that there is a video of her at the party in the Odd Future hoodie was confirmed, but not the time it occurred nor the video released.

Right. almost nothing has been confirmed by LE. almost nothing.

that there is a video of her at the party in the Odd Future hoodie was confirmed, but not the time it occurred nor the video released.
Exactly. Which is very odd. It's been 11 days and we still don't know what happened in that 6 hour span of time before Kiely's phone went dead. Nor do we know what happened in the 8 hours after that when her mother discovered her missing.

Typically by now, some of that is filled in. But it's still a blank. Very strange. IMO

ETA: LE obviously has filled some of that in for themselves, but they aren't telling us about it.

Just wanted to clarify, because I definitely did not want to hurt anyone
when I said that some cultures are not good. I did not mean anything religious. For example, nothing wrong with it, but skateboarding is a culture, with clothes, music, hairstyles, etc.

I went to tons of parties in high school, drugs, yes but never a boxing competition that was ingrained into a coming of age annual party. We were hippies, and cheering on people punching each other for entertainment would be unimaginable. Also, very illegal...no medics there as far as we know.

LE shows no surprise that the ginormous party was there. IMO they
were also probably aware of the fight competition, which even had prizes..So they must also be aware that teenaged drunken and impaired driving on the sometimes perilous roads would occur.
Yet this was a yearly party on the same weekend with young people from all around there attending. Young kids were drinking and drugging with adults with no protection or supervision whatsoever!

An annual, traditional, recipe for disaster IMO.

Last edited:
Where was she parked? It sounds like a big party with 300 people - not that easy to park, and get out of the parking area. Was anyone arriving at the party at 11:30 PM ?

How could she leave and no one saw anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca