Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some previous comments that some parents may not want their kids to speak with LE because they may be afraid that some things could come out that could affect their standing in sports, academics, etc or with college acceptance, scholarships, etc. But I also wonder if some parents have a history of providing alcohol and/or a place to party and they are afraid this could come out if their kids talk to LE. If parents provided alcohol for this particular party, they could be afraid of being charged with a variety of offenses. But even if they didn't provide alcohol for this party, there could still be repercussions if they have done so in the past - whether legal, employment or even just their "standing" in the community.

Even if there are no immediate legal consequences, anyone involved in supplying alcohol to minors, etc. might still face civil issues at some point, depending on the outcome, right?

Let's say she was drunk and did go off the ramp and into the lake. She's not old enough to purchase alcohol. She's not an adult.

Other things that we have discussed? The age of consent in California is 18.

While many of the people at the party were certainly young, many of them were older than Kiely and could be in some trouble if she is deceased, harmed, etc. Almost certainly something unfortunate has happened here. It almost certainly is not a completely sober 16 year old accidentally driving into a lake or off the road. Anything else probably involves someone who is legally an adult.

I’ll try to find the info, but there is also an older retired couple who do the same sort of work—helping families find suspected drowning victims.

The article I read quite some time ago said their experience makes them successful, that they’ve learned what a drowned body shape looks like (how the body moves, sinks, and settles depending on water factors), and they’ve also been successful finding cars and people in them. They were often times brought in after other searchers had given up, and found victims missed by previous searches.

Sorry I cannot remember their names, I think they were from Wyoming, but that may not be correct. Any of these people/organizations are extremely valuable to employ, IMO.
I believe you're thinking of Chaos Divers on Youtube?

There were some previous comments that some parents may not want their kids to speak with LE because they may be afraid that some things could come out that could affect their standing in sports, academics, etc or with college acceptance, scholarships, etc. But I also wonder if some parents have a history of providing alcohol and/or a place to party and they are afraid this could come out if their kids talk to LE. If parents provided alcohol for this particular party, they could be afraid of being charged with a variety of offenses. But even if they didn't provide alcohol for this party, there could still be repercussions if they have done so in the past - whether legal, employment or even just their "standing" in the community.
There is always anonymous ways to relay info to LE if those kids really have information that could lead to finding her or finding out what happened that night.

We toughed it out, or sometimes we bought them baked into cookies. I was reading an article about the baked shroom goodies could possibly contain "too much" and could be too strong, and imo no doubt eating eating too much is also a concern imo. Especially imo with inexperienced bakers, and inexperienced folks who consume them. Jmo
yes, i would have rather eyeballed what i was ingesting as well! the yogurt was more like a "chaser".

I see a lot of talk about water but what is the actual woodlands like there? The campground photos I’ve seen showed tall trees with plenty of visibility and hardly any weeds or grass. Is there any serious elevation or drops on the ride back to the lodge?

I just got back from VT and the roads were winding with many steep drops. I’m just wondering what her route home was like.

The other couple that went missing the same night KR did were only found last night, and they weren't very far off a busy road.

I haven't in my own mind ruled out the possibility that with the pressure of college starting soon and her life changing that the pressure got to be too much and she just ran off to the coast to surf all day, or something, and now is too embarrassed to come home. Less likely I admit.

Are we allowed to post factual videos from Vimeo?

There's a PI who has posted accurate videos of what it's like driving from the party site back to town. It would give people a better sense of the low scrub brush in many areas here.

I read all the threads of the Rodni case and didn’t see it. Now I know. Thanks.
Yeah.. these threads are moving super fast so it is so easy to miss something as I have a few times also.

You 'all can slow down some -- at least until I get out of work and then I can have time to catch up at night. ;):p LMAO

Carry on-- I am still patiently waiting for AWP to get there tomorrow and follow along this weekend with their search efforts.

Praying Kiely is found soon !! Where the heck are you, Kiely ?????

Are we allowed to post factual videos from Vimeo?

There's a PI who has posted accurate videos of what it's like driving from the party site back to town. It would give people a better sense of the low scrub brush in many areas here.
PM a mod with the link. They sometimes will approve a video from there depending on the content.

So no one saw her vehicle leave the party, her last contact was 3 minutes after her phone was dead, so maybe her vehicle was moved first? Farther down the beach from the main party area?

Was her car moved from point 1 to point 2 while she was on the beach, last ping? I know this is stretching it regarding how no one saw her vehicle at the time she left the party, but maybe two people are involved in her disappearance. That is, one was with her, one got her keys and moved the car down the beach. Is that remotely possible?

View attachment 360305
Just as a point of clarification, we don't know that her phone went dead at exactly 12:33. We just know that's the last ping LE has (likely triggered by the call to her friend IMO). The phone could have been on for a while after that without pinging if she wasn't using it and hadn't traveled far enough to connect to a new cell tower.

Volunteers. Iirc, they asked to have just their expenses covered.

ETA: Found their info, they’re from Idaho:

Article on them:

They don’t charge a daily fee through Ralston Underwater Search and Recovery Services. They just ask for help to cover their expenses, primarily traveling in their camper and towing their boat from their home outside Boise, Idaho.
The Ralstons were very helpful in the Dylan Redwine case. They traveled to Colorado and scanned Vallecito Lake with sonar. They didn't find Dylan because, as we now know, he was never in the lake.

I believe you're thinking of Chaos Divers on Youtube?

Chaos is from Ill. This couple has been doing it for many years, but are out of Idaho Gene & Sandy Ralston

I’ve not heard of Chaos Divers, I’ll look them up. Thank you #megs1477 for mentioning the Ralstons, which is the couple I was thinking of.

My post #417 includes a couple of links about the Ralstons, one to an article and the other to their website.

Regarding the ‘giving tips anonymously’, is that (realy) possibly in this case + do the teenagers know enough about the possibilities?

I read about the police saying so + SS trying/saying to be an inbetween but:

<modsnip>

- these are the kids/teens/young adults growing up with csi/truecrime shows/anonimous/a lot of (untrue) info about digital possibilities of the police and they may be afraid of fake anonimity.

I’m afraid that there would have been more tips would it have been 1979 instead of 2022.

Why i ask: in some countries, The Netherlands for instance, there are anonymous tiplines, by other organisations, that legally promise you anonimity. That convinces more people (and their lawyers).
Is that the case here? If not, is there a possibility getting an organisation like that on this case?

There must be something the police can set up to get the teens & their parents convinced to speak up…

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the ‘giving tips anonymously’, is that (realy) possibly in this case + do the teenagers know enough about the possibilities?

I read about the police saying so + SS trying/saying to be an inbetween but:

- what if they don’t trust/believe her honesty
- these are the kids/teens/young adults growing up with csi/truecrime shows/anonimous/a lot of (untrue) info about digital possibilities of the police and they may be afraid of fake anonimity.

I’m afraid that there would have been more tips would it have been 1979 instead of 2022.

Why i ask: in some countries, The Netherlands for instance, there are anonymous tiplines, by other organisations, that legally promise you anonimity. That convinces more people (and their lawyers).
Is that the case here? If not, is there a possibility getting an organisation like that on this case?

There must be something the police can set up to get the teens & their parents convinced to speak up…

Interesting speculation.

I know LE has promised anonymity for those who call the tipline, and also has assured the kids and their parents that they are not looking to bust any kids for underage drinking, driving, or for drugs.

They just need truthful info to find Kiely.

Maybe it's true that the kids and/or their parents are not fully satisfied that any illegal behavior will not be noted, in service of locating Kiely.

In 1979, before Caller ID and cell phones, it's possible someone would have felt more truly anonymous calling a tipline. The police have so much more to go on now, though, due to all the technology we have now that we didn't have then. Not just cell phone tracking, but cameras at front doors and stores, etc.

I wonder if there is some kid or young adult out there who is truly culpable in some manner, and they have lawyered up.

It's my opinion, though, that LE genuinely just wants to locate Kiely and has no intention of arresting anyone for illegal activities that went on at the party, unless of course someone hurt or abducted Kiely.

ETA: it was previously at the bottom of my list, but now I am having just a teensy amount of wondering if Kiely did actually choose to disappear. I know her mom says they were so close, but as a teacher I've seen plenty of teens do things that their parents swear they wouldn't do, and I had problems with my own daughter that way, as well.

For example, Vicki White, a middle-aged woman releasing her boyfriend Casey White from jail, abandoning her elderly mother and all her colleagues who were completely shell-shocked Vicki had this in her. Take that and times it by someone being a teenager, and no one can really be certain yet.

Although it's not actually my theory, at this point I'm starting to expand my thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members