Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think they could at least paint BOAT RAMP on it in giant letters with reflective paint or something.
Right!! Honestly thinking more about it now, I think it would be almost easy to mistake it as a normal road in daylight hours. Obviously you’d eventually see the water during the day, but to me and what I’m used to seeing as boat ramps in the Midwest, this one seemed so subtle and paved very normally.

You probably already saw this, but on a previous thread, a local had posted photos of the Prosser Lake Reservoir Boat Launch Ramp and it was indeed paved and looked just like a regular road but led directly into the water. No significant incline or anything, and I believe it would be very easy to mistake it for a road especially in the pitch black of night. I have not been able to get that picture of the boat ramp out of my head ever since seeing it because it looked like such a normal strip of pavement, except that it just went straight into the water. :/
Post in thread 'CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2'
CA - CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

These are the pics of the ramp…

Picture that in the pitch black, drunk, tired, and possibly with your lights off

Edit: if she went that way she had no chance

Last edited:
Right!! Honestly thinking more about it now, I think it would be almost easy to mistake it as a normal road in daylight hours. Obviously you’d eventually see the water during the day, but to me and what I’m used to seeing as boat ramps in the Midwest, this one seemed so subtle and paved very normally.
I'm sure they get tourists who are not at all familiar in that area, I would think someone would have thought by now that would be a great idea. Are we just not seeing the warnings that this goes strait into water. That is scary, out there is a different kind of dark if your not used to it.

You’d think they could at least paint BOAT RAMP on it in giant letters with reflective paint or something.
Yeah. I'm thinking back on all the boat ramps I've used over the years. They were normally short and had parking lots around them where people could park their trailers. They were pretty distinctive.

Having one that looked like an extension of a road/highway without a very visible sign/marking doesn't seem like a very good idea.

This has been discussed here in previous threads. Kiely graduated from this school, but it is still unclear if she actually attended, on campus, daily, or at all, or if she was perhaps a homeschool student, as we know she was in her earlier years. The school offers several learning options. From their website...

Many families in the rural communities of Nevada City, Truckee, Foresthill, Auburn, and the surrounding areas are seeking flexible educational opportunities outside of the traditional public school environment. Forest Charter School allows students more independence and freedom while continuing to adhere to California state standards. Students can explore a wide range of curriculum options and learn in the environment that works best for them, whether that’s homeschool, the classroom, or a mix of both.

Thank you for clearing that up. I wanted to link a source so we could discuss while not having posts edited or removed, or causing a headache for mods.

My point in mentioning school was only to establish that Kiely was as additional confirmation of how Kiely would have been known many people at the party, and not only a handful.

Not to be the morbid one in the group but its been a long time for her to be out there with no food, if say she were lost or hurt somewhere. Perhaps some cadaver dogs should be introduced to the search, I have not seen any mention of them in this case but again I could have missed it and if so my apologies. These dogs have amazing noses, they can detect even a few drops of blood even if buried under cement as well as decomposition many many years later on land an in water. At least maybe a clue of where she is not, or where she is. All I'm saying is it couldn't hurt to try anything at this point nearly 2 weeks later.
LE stated in one of the pressers that cadaver dogs were being used, along with other SAR dogs, in order to cover all bases. I'll go back and try to find it.

Eta - check 12:22

Thank you for clearing that up. I wanted to link a source so we could discuss while not having posts edited or removed, or causing a headache for mods.

My point in mentioning school was only to establish that Kiely was as additional confirmation of how Kiely would have been known many people at the party, and not only a handful.
YVW, but I don't think I cleared anything up. I do wish we could confirm that she actually did regularly attend the school. Even as a homeschooler, she probably would have been physically on campus periodically.

Last edited:
I think when LE gets access to KR’S phone records (texts made and received during party, contact information traded during party, etc) they may find a nice new list of people to interview if anyone has indeed been less than forthcoming (I don’t know how long it takes to get that info from the phone company, I assumed a couple,of weeks at a minimum). When both my sons (now 23 & 30) went to this type party at end of senior year it was up at a friend’s lake house not the woods, a few parents were present who collected keys but there was a lot of alchohol and pot, and kids from all high school grades and on into college who’d gone to the local high schools (three large high schools in area). My sons both came home with phone and social media full of new contacts of kids they’d not known before who’d be going to the same college they were going to/or were already students there which was a state college an hour down the road (GO, GREEN). Both my boys were popular in their groups, mature, social kids much like what KR is described. I think it’s a pretty common way for kids to do when they meet.
As to phone records, I’m wondering who the Carrier is, and whether or not it’s a family plan. I saw that her mom was able to see the phone’s last powered on location. I can access everyone’s record of phone calls and texts online in my family plan, with a slight delay. Text content does not appear, but it’s a pretty good roadmap of who people are talking to.

You probably already saw this, but on a previous thread, a local had posted photos of the Prosser Lake Reservoir Boat Launch Ramp and it was indeed paved and looked just like a regular road but led directly into the water. No significant incline or anything, and I believe it would be very easy to mistake it for a road especially in the pitch black of night. I have not been able to get that picture of the boat ramp out of my head ever since seeing it because it looked like such a normal strip of pavement, except that it just went straight into the water. :/
Yes, those photos were excellent, they really let folks see what it is like. That poster hasn’t been on for a bit so and the discussion has come up again so I just wanted to reiterate, for WS’ers who might have just started following this thread, just how easy it would be for someone to make this mistake.

On a Facebook page dedicated to the search, Kaydee Miller posted that she believes the teen's car went into the water on her way home from the party.
Kaydee Miller lives in Washington state. While her opinion should be valued as much as any of ours...please note...it's still an opinion. This isn't a party witness...

Headlights would reflect off the water though?

And if Kiely left around the same time as the others, it seems odd to me she would have driven into the lake from the ramp without anyone noticing. I don't think it would have been as dark at that time--based on an estimate of the amount of vehicles in the area, and cumulative light pollution from same--as people are theorizing.

She may still have driven her car into the lake, but the ramp seems unlikely to me.

(I'm looking to see if the model of CRV Kiely owns has automatic headlights. I think it may.)

Oh my! I almost cried reading that. The awful realization that you can't put your life on hold to spend the rest of your life looking for your missing daughter.

I'd want to look for a missing member of my family forever and dedicate my whole life to it....but you do need income to pay for your house, and bills, car, taxes etc. and modern life doesn't allow you time off indefinitely. Isn't that just the saddest thing?

I do feel a bit bewildered that Kiely's mom is already starting to talk about getting back to a normal life. It's only been 10 days since she went missing, maybe leave it a while longer?

I just hope this isn't the start of her Mom 'giving up' and starting a downward spiral. Perhaps her disappearance has really started to hit her now?! I hope she doesn't feel hopeless.

MOO.
Yes, sad, but Lindsey didn't quite say getting back to a normal life, she said: "And so as they start to transition their strategy, there’s a little of trying to remember that the sun shines and the days go on and quite frankly remembering that we have bills to pay… And perhaps there’s some healing in getting back to a little bit of a daily routine."

And the writer added: For now, she is just getting by “minute to minute” and is “not counting the days” since she last saw her daughter as that is “kind of heavy”.

Headlights would reflect off the water though?

And if Kiely left around the same time as the others, it seems odd to me she would have driven into the lake from the ramp without anyone noticing. I don't think it would have been as dark at that time--based on an estimate of the amount of vehicles in the area, and cumulative light pollution from same--as people are theorizing.

She may still have driven her car into the lake, but the ramp seems unlikely to me.
If she were intoxicated or under the influence she may not have realized it, or maybe she could have taken her eyes of the road for a moment. Your perception of things is so off when you are under the influence. Have you ever driven mindlessly down a dark road sober, sometimes you end up on auto pilot without even realizing it? Not to mention, if she was speeding she may have realized it, but too late?

Oh my! I almost cried reading that. The awful realization that you can't put your life on hold to spend the rest of your life looking for your missing daughter.

I'd want to look for a missing member of my family forever and dedicate my whole life to it....but you do need income to pay for your house, and bills, car, taxes etc. and modern life doesn't allow you time off indefinitely. Isn't that just the saddest thing?

I do feel a bit bewildered that Kiely's mom is already starting to talk about getting back to a normal life. It's only been 10 days since she went missing, maybe leave it a while longer?

I just hope this isn't the start of her Mom 'giving up' and starting a downward spiral. Perhaps her disappearance has really started to hit her now?! I hope she doesn't feel hopeless.

MOO.
Moving through the post-missing initial discovery days, without an Amber Alert going out must be driving her crazy. KR doesn't meet the criteria, even now, because there's no evidence of "abduction." Moving to the next step means drastic reduction in resources searching. Mom's best hope at this point is that she has been abducted, and trafficked...because that means she's still out there, alive, somewhere. Her "hopelessness" could easily channel to determination to prove she really is out there. What a horrible situation to be in.

If she were intoxicated or under the influence she may not have realized it, or maybe she could have taken her eyes of the road for a moment. Your perception of things is so off when you are under the influence. Have you ever driven mindlessly down a dark road sober, sometimes you end up on auto pilot without even realizing it? Not to mention, if she was speeding she may have realized it, but too late?
There’s always the risk of a “brown out” or passing out at the wheel too. But just the risk of being a new driver at night is enough to imagine her going off-road in to water.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member