Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched AWP video several times to clarify, and he states one window is all the way down, and back window halfway down. And we know LE broke the front Driver window. When the car is towed out, you can see through the front windows, the drivers side broken, but passenger is all the way down. I know there was confusion, but MOO I am clear now that front passenger was down, NOT broken. Only the driver's side window was broken by LE.

When did we receive confirmation that LE broke out a window?

I also found this very confusing. I think it matters to a degree if the passenger window was "broken out", as that seems to indicate someone in the vehicle may have broken it. It gave me the impression they saw shattered glass, etc and not simply an "open" window.

Thanks!

AWP diver DID state the passenger window was broken out. See CC in screenshot below:
View attachment 363651
I am so frustrated about this as he said two different things, and I would really like to know as it makes a HUGE difference when speculating as to what happened. I watched AWP video several times to try and clarify. He does say it is broken during this screenshot, but when he comes up to the surface he states one window is all the way down, and back window halfway down. He repeats this again, and never says it was broken again. It doesn't look broken to me as I do not see any shards of glass in the frame like on front Drivers window that we know was broke by LE. I have watched it several times and paused it And, when the car is towed out, you can see through the front windows, the drivers side broken, but passenger looks all the way down. Anyone with clarification????

Mags doesn't look anything like Kiely though? She is blonde, but she has a very prominent nose ring and generally different appearance? (Much lighter blonde, very blue eyes, more "Nordic".) I don't see how anyone would confuse Kiely and Mags?

Edited: this is an interview with her, for context. Friend of Kiely Rodni hopeful in finding missing teen
True. I had thought of Kate, but then was thinking Mags is just more thoughtful, and may have come across as out of it or spacy? But she would be hard to confuse with Kiely :/

When did we receive confirmation that LE broke out a window?

I also found this very confusing. I think it matters to a degree if the passenger window was "broken out", as that seems to indicate someone in the vehicle may have broken it. It gave me the impression they saw shattered glass, etc and not simply an "open" window.

Thanks!
I don't remember exactly where it was confirmed, but if you watch AWP video you can clearly see the Driver's window in tact when he looks into the car. It is the first window the diver approaches.

Nick the diver's exact words regarding the right passenger window are: "Passenger window is broken out ... it appears." So he's saying he's not sure if it's broken, just that it looks that way. It's covered in different frames in the vid. edit: spelling

Attachments

• Untitled-1_0001_Layer 1.jpg
    Untitled-1_0001_Layer 1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Untitled-1_0000_Layer 2.jpg
    Untitled-1_0000_Layer 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
So passenger window was broken - I wonder if they found a window breaker tool in her car? Although why would she break the passenger window & not the driver’s side window?
That's what I was trying to figure out. So confusing!

But she was in the back before it was flipped back over
I haven't been following every minute detail of the recovery but even if this is the case it can easily be explained if in going into the water the car spent some amount of time in an upright position on its nose before flipping the rest of the way over and coming to rest on its roof. If there was in fact an air pocket in the cargo area for some time it would have facilitated the vehicle standing upright like that until the air gradually escaped. Horrifyingly, this would also support the theory that she was alive and trapped in the car for some time.

True. I had thought of Kate, but then was thinking Mags is just more thoughtful, and may have come across as out of it or spacy? But she would be hard to confuse with Kiely :/
JMO, but I do not feel like any of Kiely's friends really look like her enough to be mistaken for her.

I forget who mentioned it yesterday, but I also feel concern over the hat and people reaching conclusions over who that may be.

It could be ANYONE. He may have seen ANYONE in a silver CRV.

We need to keep this in mind, until we know more.

I say this as someone who feels Roadside Nick comes across as a credible guy. I did not get "weird vibes" from him, at all.

Tow truck/service van could certainly gone out to help people in a silver CR-V -- but we may never know which people.

If he had a camera on his truck, and the footage gets released, we may do.

Although he worked for a company and wasn't self-employed, otherwise he might have already released the footage to the public.

MOO.

Last edited:
Was she? How do we know that?
We know where Kiely was when AWP found her--in the cargo are of her SUV. So prior to law enforcement flipping her car over.

We do NOT know where Kiely was when her SUV entered the water and flipped on its roof. She may have been driving, a passenger in any seat, or as awful as it is to type, in the cargo rear.

Was she? How do we know that?

The condition of the car (upon finding it) was documented in the AWL via Video and Audio. The confusion is coming from one or more of the non-diver AWP team later contradicting/miss-speaking. During the segment with the Father/Grand Father, Doug starts answering question re: windows and realizes he should call Nick over to clarify. Nick (the Diver) then correctly restates what was seen in the original condition of the vehicle film which contradicted what Doug started to state (incorrectly).

I remember watching the recovery in full and before they started pulling the vehicle there were 2 very hard yanks on the chains. It was so hard that they snapped like a whip. I recall thinking 'what in the world was that?!'

It then occurred to me seeing the vehicle coming out of the water, that the movement of the chains was what LE did to flip the vehicle over. From there, I assume attaching the chains to the back and pulling would cause the vehicle to spin which would eventually lead to it straightening out being pulled out backwards.

I'm trying to find video to show what I'm talking about.

(In regards to the damage on the vehicle, it's apparent the flipping of it caused the driver's side window to bust out along with the broken mirror. In AWP's video, those were in tact). IMO
I found the video to corroborate what I said. I believe around 36:20. The buoy yanks around. I can't tell if the chains move because the playback on my laptop is grainy, buy it was clear when I was watching it in real time.

Full video of vehicle recovery

While rewatching this video I noticed the orange cones again behind the taped off area. I also saw that there are actually more cones beyond that set. Then another set closer to the tow truck. I know there was talk about this in other threads, but this is the first time I actually noticed the other cones. The way they're set up, it looks like the potential path the vehicle went into the water.

Last edited:
Would you buckle yourself in to do drugs?

And in this case, why would you get in her car and touch everything implicating yourself? Why put her in the water? It was a huge party with 400 ish people, and it sounds like drugs were everywhere?

I understand theories, since I have put forth a few that are out there.

Roadside Nick looks preppy, and barely out of his teens himself. I wouldn't describe him as a "sketchy older guy", would you? He certainly could have done something sketchy, of course. Anyone could. Just thinking if he was at a party, he looks pretty clean cut. (unless he changed his appearance?)

When you say manuals require the depression of the clutch do you mean in order to start the vehicle?. I'm.just checking because that's not the case.
Sorry, I should have been more specific, @Kiranerys. For older model manual transmission cars in the U.S. you are correct. But for newer model manual transmission cars sold in the U.S, the depression of the clutch is required to start ("safety").

"2. Newer cars have a clutch-pedal switch that has to be pressed to allow the car to start..."

Hold on.

Go to 44:06 in the AWP video. Am I not correct that the female sheriff has put her hands through a totally lowered driver's side window as she helps push or steer the car?

Yes!!!!! I noticed that as well!!! Huge mistake imo. I would think everything should have been left as is for the investigators…but the drivers side window was broken during the recovery process. It was the passenger front window that was discovered broken when AWP visually inspected the vehicle.

Nick the diver's exact words regarding the right passenger window are: "Passenger window is broken out ... it appears." So he's saying he's not sure if it's broken, just that it looks that way. It's covered in different frames in the vid. edit: spelling
Yes, then when he is out of the water, he says one window is all the way down, and the rear drivers side is halfway down. He repeats that. So now I don't know which it is. I was so excited to watch the AWP as I thought we would finally know for sure, and when he said it was broken I was so relieved. However, he then said all the way down, and another poster said he may have made a mistake. Which is the mistake though, broken or all the way down?

Correct. LE broke the driver’s side window and mirror when they pulled out the car. Usually when AWP does it, they seal the open windows so evidence doesn’t escape and slowly and methodically pull the car out.

I’m not sure if CR-Vs have the same issue, but my 2013 Pilot has an issue with the automatic headlights. When that feature is on it drains the battery. My battery has died because of it, and so my husband told me to turn that feature off and turn on my headlights manually. I guess it’s a common problem with Pilots.

If kiely was indeed found in the trunk area behind the back seat and head rests (small gap} did she climb through to get out? Or was she put there by another party. Because i find it difficult to believe that she would float there given the car was upside down. If she had passed away. How did she get there. Is it possible for someone to float back there when the car was upside down. Would she not float upward which would be the floor area of her car not the roof making it virtually impossible to get to were she was found.

MOO
When cars "turtle" (go onto their backs) they do so nose first. That puts the rear of the car up in the air, and the last to go down, so it's not surprising to me that she'd end up there since it's apparent her seatbelt was off. Eventually autos continue their roll onto their backs due to the air in the tires. The air-filled tires are trying to float and the weight of the car ends up pulling it down onto it's back tires up. MOO

This video from experts at the Collier County sheriff's department show's the rear in the air (and their water is not as deep as Procer so it only goes at an angle and not straight up). It's a great vid on how to save yourself if you end up in this situation. I might add that some may be sensitive to watching because it's pretty graphic and finding Kiely is so recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member