Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the ongoing investigation, we can only speculate about RA Nick and his encounter. LE hasn't said Jack about whether it's connected or not to K's case. If only they revealed their findings at the speed of SM (which is faster than the speed of light, ya?)!

Personally, I'm still of the opinion that this was a tragic accident that did not involve anyone else, BUT I do think LE needs to consider and investigate all possibilities.

IF KR's vehicle was really seen by a tow truck driver and he has video evidence to back up that claim, the vehicle would have had to have entered Prosser Lake sometime after that incident. So when would there have been a time that this would have even been possible, considering there were searchers looking for it in that area from quite early on?

Taking a look back at a timeline, the first posts from LE about KR's disappearance came around 5:30PM on Aug 6 -- approximately 17 hours after her disappearance and only 5-6 hours after Tow Truck Nick claims to have helped two teens in Boca (LINK to AWP video transcript). It's a half-hour drive between the two locations. But noon to 5pm is the middle of the day; wouldn't someone have noticed a vehicle being dumped, even before the actual 'search' began? IMO, dumping it in Prosser after the search was already underway -- even under cover of darkness -- would have been incredibly risky.

To me the sneakers look white and the belt black and white in the CCTV footage taken at the shop. There was also mentioning of a different hoody; white and pink colored. At first the cross tattoo was left out, later added, so the description has changed a couple of times and it's most likely she changed some clothes before going to the party. (if SS's description was accurate) Borrowed them or maybe she had clothing in her car...Idk.
I wonder if they were like my vans, they are mostly white but the black stands out.

Attachments

• 16629065697312892884369058330090.jpg
    16629065697312892884369058330090.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 2
if the story of the tow truck guy is considered credible then why is the tow truck company not releasing the CCTV footage from his truck's dashcam?
My only thought is because LE has asked them not to? I don’t know what to think - Doug seems to think it’s very credible but if it is, that is a huge development so why would LE keep it quiet?

I thought someone had transcribed Nick the roadside assistance guy’s conversation? I searched for it but couldn’t find it.

ETA: I found the link to the AWP video transcript

MOO

Kiely's mum shares statement made for memorial.

We are so grateful to have the opportunity to join together, today, with our friends, family and community, in Kiely's name. Though we gather together, grief and healing is such a personal and individual thing. Today we will honour Kiely in honouring each other and holding each other up as we grieve in our own ways. We'll laugh, dance, share stories, songs and poetry. Or maybe we'll cry in a corner or at the podium. It's all okay. We'll remember and we'll create new memories we all learn how to move forward in a world where we miss her. We are so blessed to be able to miss her together and to walk together into tomorrow.

The way that she has brought everyone together, even in death, is a legacy that I will cherish forever. I'm hearing stories about people wanting to be nicer to each other in her memory. Kiely's dear friend recently told her mum that before all of this happened, she thought the word community had no real meaning, that It didn't really exist. But after Kylie went missing, the way our community showed up in full force showed her that it in fact is so very real and so, so powerful. That kind of impact on our teens gives me hope. The demonstration of strength and togetherness and the way that they have an army of supporters standing behind them, will carry them far as they enter adulthood.

We would like to thank everyone who has come together to support us in what we hope will be the most difficult time of our lives. There's no way that we'll be able to ever return the kindness, generosity and compassion that has been extended to us over the last month. But we will live the rest of our lives trying. And in that trying Kiely will be with us, reminding us to be kind, laugh and sing, and that sometimes it's even OK to cry.

In closing. I want to thank our media friends for respecting our request to give us privacy while we celebrate my daughter today. Unfortunately, the social media frenzy has become such a monster that our teens are suffering. And we want to create a safe space for them to heal together without fear of something being taken out of context. To anyone who gains pleasure or satisfaction from commenting online - I ask you to take a moment to look inward and to try to recognise your motive. Remember the three gates that all words should flow through. Is it kind? Is it true? Is it helpful? I implore you to remember that there is honour in silence and there is kindness in minding your own business. You are talking about the death of my child. Our communities child. It's time to let our children mourn their friend quietly, peacefully. I hope you can find other more beautiful and helpful ways to spend your time and remember Kiely. Call your mom. Take a walk. Pick up a new hobby. Please know, we got this. Let her rest.

My only thought is because LE has asked them not to? I don’t know what to think - Doug seems to think it’s very credible but if it is, that is a huge development so why would LE keep it quiet?

I thought someone had transcribed Nick the roadside assistance guy’s conversation? I searched for it but couldn’t find it.
LE is receiving a lot of criticism about not finding K's vehicle, and then subsequently their removal of it. As such, IWT they are reticent to reveal much until they have tests and science to back up what they state.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is it strange that Nick the roadside assistance guy remembers specific details about the call but not the day/date of the call? He does remember quite a few details - like his conversation with the girl & the fact that her phone was dead & she was using the guy’s phone and what the guy was wearing — But he doesn’t remember the day of the call, which is a very important detail to us - but maybe not an important detail to him because he’s constantly being dispatched so customer details stay in his mind but days/dates do not? …And of course none of this matters if that wasn’t Kiely and/or her car!

MOO

Is it strange that Nick the roadside assistance guy remembers specific details about the call but not the day/date of the call? He does remember quite a few details - like his conversation with the girl & the fact that her phone was dead & she was using the guy’s phone and what the guy was wearing — But he doesn’t remember the day of the call, which is a very important detail to us - but maybe not an important detail to him because he’s constantly being dispatched so customer details stay in his mind but days/dates do not? …And of course none of this matters if that wasn’t Kiely and/or her car!

MOO
he later said that he did remember the day after he checked his google maps timeline.

LE is receiving a lot of criticism about not finding K's vehicle, and then subsequently their removal of it. As such, IWT they are reticent to reveal much until they have tests and science to back up what they state.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Yes, I agree. I didn’t make this clear but I was talking about before AWP found Kiely’s car - Why would they keep the roadside assistance call quiet (assuming Nick is telling the truth & he did alert LE about the call) unless there was no connection to Kiely — but then why is Doug so sure there is a connection? And of course LE knows more than Doug so that should be my answer but Doug just seems to think that call means something

MOO

he later said that he did remember the day after he checked his google maps timeline.
[ROADSIDE SERVICE ASSISTANT NICK]
9:24
Uh, either Friday, Saturday or Sunday I believe. I wanna- because the weekends I usually cover Truckee, so -and that Friday i also worked in truckee. So yeah.

[DEVON]
9:36
If you were to make a bet on what day it was, what would you say?

[ROADSIDE SERVICE ASSISTANT NICK]
9:41
I mean when I was looking back under my GPS under my phone of where I’ve been, I was there both Saturday and Sunday farther into Boca.

Thanks. I was confused because he first mentions he was in Truckee Friday but then I guess he does specifically mention Boca Sat & Sun. — still doesn’t seem concrete IMO

Taking a look back at a timeline, the first posts from LE about KR's disappearance came around 5:30PM on Aug 6 -- approximately 17 hours after her disappearance and only 5-6 hours after Tow Truck Nick claims to have helped two teens in Boca (LINK to AWP video transcript). It's a half-hour drive between the two locations. But noon to 5pm is the middle of the day; wouldn't someone have noticed a vehicle being dumped, even before the actual 'search' began? IMO, dumping it in Prosser after the search was already underway -- even under cover of darkness -- would have been incredibly risky.
RS&BBM
I can actually envision a middle of the night dump at Prosser perhaps early in the morning of 8/7. The moon was likely still setting in the 11pm - 1am time period (it set at 12:21am on 8/6) so it would have been mighty dark. While I do not know, I suspect the Prosser Lake Campground was not sealed off and who knows if there were officers posted to guard the scene.

All that said, what I can't figure out is where KR's car would have been 'stashed' out of sight after that supposed 8/6 11am sighting by the DA guy, Nick. Of course active searching did not start until after LE announced KR was missing late in the day on 8/6. So its possible once the two strangely acting people got the CRV started they took it somewhere - the garage of a house? nested among dense forest somewhere? drove it to Reno? or drove around the Tahoe mountains all day?

When I listen to the multitude of AWP interviews (i.e. Doug) on YouTube I am convinced Nick's story is true. More and more 'facts' have been shared by them, beyond what we can discuss here (not approved sources). But what stops me fully subscribing to it being true, is LE's investigation is apparently winding down per NCSO's last public statement. And that is in addition to the very challenging logistics of getting KR's car into Prosser Lake without being seen after 11am on 8/6.

ET: fix typos

Last edited:
Thanks. I was confused because he first mentions he was in Truckee Friday but then I guess he does specifically mention Boca Sat & Sun. — still doesn’t seem concrete IMO
RSBM
@EmmieA. Doug from AWP has stated several times since that initial public release of their recovery video, I think even in some videos posted in this thread, that Nick (and/or his DA company) has confirmed the sighting was ~11am on Sat. 8/6. Whether it was KR's car, KR, friends of KR, strangers with KR, etc. is of course still an unknown. But sighting date is set.

Here is a short vid of Kiely's celebration of life that happened earlier today.

What a sweet little girl she was too. :(

The prayer flag idea is nice. We have them here in our garden. If that comforts her family, maybe something people could do, in general? A small thing, but peaceful.

RS&BBM
I can actually envision a middle of the night dump at Prosser perhaps early in the morning of 8/7. The moon was likely still setting in the 11pm - 1am time period (it set at 12:21am on 8/6) so it would have been mighty dark. While I do not know, I I suspect the Prosser Lake Campground was not sealed off and who knows if there were officers posted to guard the scene.

All that said, what I can't figure out is where KR's car would have been 'stashed' out of sight after that supposed 8/6 11am sighting by the DA guy, Nick. Of course active searching did not start until after LE announced KR was missing late in the day on 8/6. So its possible once the two strangely acting people got the CRV started they took it somewhere - the garage of a house? nested among dense forest somewhere? drove it to Reno? or drove around the Tahoe mountains all day?

When I listen to the multitude of AWP interviews (i.e. Doug) on YouTube I am convinced Nick's story is true. More and more 'facts' have been shared by them, beyond what can discuss here (not approved sources). But what stops me fully subscribing to it being true, is LE's investigation is apparently winding down per NCSO's last public statement. And that is in addition to the very challenging logistics of getting KR's car into Prosser Lake without being seen after 11am on 8/6.

Perhaps the initial autopsy results show clear signs of death by drowning and no other evidence of foul play—no trauma, bruises, broken bones. So they are waiting for tox results to make it official, but feel pretty confident it was “just” a tragic accident?

Editing to add: Also, maybe the family is giving signals to LE that they want the investigation wrapped up as soon as possible? I can’t imagine what they have been through/are going through.

Strange little details that may have been mentioned before, but pics of Kiely wearing the belt that day clearly show it within the belt loops of her jeans. Experienced old wood squatter here ... a belt doesn't need to be taken off to unzip the jeans to squat in the woods.

Could that be Kiely's belt hanging outside the hatchback door?

View attachment 365570
(image from sfgate.com/renotahoe/article/Surveillance-photo-of-missing-Kiely-Rodni-17364409.php)

I wondered if it was a fashion belt or a backpack strap too initially, but when enhanced, do you think we would see grommets glinting if it was this belt ? they're spaced so closely together, I'm not sure how her bely would fold in a way it would stick out through the hatch without them being visible.

I don't think so. In my experience, kids don't want their phones to die, especially when they are out all day and it's hard to find an outlet. The only option sometimes is someone's car.

On the other hand, a vehicle is a good place to party without being seen, so there's no reason why they couldn't have been doing both.

I can see a couple of girls congregating in a vehicle too as a space to gossip, fix hair/makeup, warm up if they were feeling chilly.

IF people were swapping clothes, a CRV is large enough to change your outfit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelle90