Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found in 14 ft. of water! LE should have been able to find her within a couple of days. Do they not have the same equipment as AWP? AWP should be consultants for LE everywhere. All MOO.
Strongly disagree. Water searches are so difficult. Equipment, training, experience, conditions all can affect the search. I don’t like for LE to be shamed with the “should’ve been found”, it becomes a barrier to future collaborations between LE and other agencies and resources. We should be praising them for their efforts and for them asking for help and not allowing ego and power to get in the way. JMO

Found in 14 ft. of water! LE should have been able to find her within a couple of days. Do they not have the same equipment as AWP? AWP should be consultants for LE everywhere. All MOO.
No, local LE would not have their specialized equipment, experienced divers and more importantly AWP's expertise in interpreting underwater sonar.

Prosser Lake is actually a reservoir and described as very murky with little visibility.
IMO LE absolutely did the right thing in not disturbing the water/lake bed further until AWP arrived.

My thoughts are with her family and friends tonight, what a sad and tragic ending.

no. remember this case:

The Teleka Patrick case: One year later - mlive.com

https://www.mlive.com › news › kalamazoo › 2015/04

Apr 6, 2015 — In late January, investigators in Indiana used sonar to search a frozen Lake Charles, which was just a few hudred feet from where police found ...

and that was a little lake... one of the first cases I followed on WS. Not sure what kind of sonar most police deots have but guess it needs to be better. Don't fishing boats have sonar? What kind of pricing are we talking about? If I recall, they had a tough time finding JFK Jr. too, IMO, though that was the ocean... Maybe future cars will send an SOS signal if water gets to a certain level- like a basement flood/leak detector :(

I don't recall seeing it here, but on some sites, I saw people complaining that AWP dropped other commitments to come out to look for Kiely, and likened it to a publicity stunt. I only want to say that while it was anything but a publicity stunt, I hope that they will now get the recognition that they deserve, and donations will flood in. I am far from wealthy, but I intend to try to help support them with a donation regularly. I believe they are angels in diving gear. JMO

Last edited:
I was wondering if they'd be able to pull off the recovery today, and it does seem like that's on the table:

A spokesperson for the Placer County Sheriff's Office said that they are working to confirm the reports and their dive team is on the way to the lake.

I don't recall seeing it here, but on some sites, I saw people complaining that AWP dropped other commitments to come out to look for Kiely, and likened it to a publicity stunt. I only want to say that while it was anything but a publicity stunt, I hope that they will get the publicity that they deserve now, and donations will flood in. I am far from wealthy, but I intend to attempt to try to help support them with a donation regularly. I believe they are angels in diving gear. JMO
Is AWP a private company specializing in water rescues?

I’ve followed this case closely, here, never posting just reading. There was a time when I felt the thread was going far with speculation but I reminded myself if this were my child or family member I would want no stone unturned and I quietly cheered you on and appreciated each of your willingness to sacrifice and give our most precious gift, time, to this case. I also thought this was an obvious case but I reminded myself about the Cleveland girls and how they were living in that house of horrors for years. I want to thank each and every one of you who gave your time, energy into helping bring Keily home. May she Rest In Peace and may her family get the closure they need. God speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98