Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend fall through ice while ice fishing. They found his truck with the drivers door rolled down, but he was still inside. LE felt the pressure from the inflowing water that was put on him was probably tremendous. They felt it stopped him from escaping the truck.
It was devastating.
I'm sure the ice cold water was also a fctor, wheras in this case the water was warm.

Plenty of normal, sober people die in their cars in water. Opening a window while the car is sinking means you now have water rushing in against you. The nose of the car sinks down and your body floats up and to the rear. You have to reorient yourself and dive down to get out of a window. The rear windows aren’t useful since they don’t open all the way. You can’t get the back hatch open becasue of the weight of the water and you have to dive down further to the front windows, and now the car is flipping over.
If all that happened while a person is trying to escape, try now imagining everything while being drunk, or high, or both, or on a psychedelic substance. If she did get the windows lowered in response to hitting the water, that doesn’t mean it would have been easy to get herself out of the car.
Not to mention the shock, panic, disorientation, the darkness, and needing to hold your breath.

I had friends, an entire family with 3 children, who slid on black ice on a road and into a canal. It was many many years ago, and it still haunts me. Even though I am no longer near water bodies (well, except for the Pacific), I have that hammer item in my car to break a window with (useful also for accidents involving fire). It has a fluorescent handle that you can see in the dark, and seatbelt cutter. I insist my daughter has one too.

I only see a dark crack at the top driver side window and the rear view mirror hanging off in the images. I do not see that that the driver side window is broken through at all.

Attachments

• ED3EB88E-7737-4F3A-A507-735ED276363C.jpeg
    ED3EB88E-7737-4F3A-A507-735ED276363C.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 92
It seems odd to me that they found her vehicle on the other side of the reservoir, across from the boat launch that was near the party. That would seem to narrow it down to one of 3 scenarios:

1. She drove into the reservoir in or around the boat launch (on the side of the lake by the party) and then the vehicle drifted to the opposite end of the lake near the shore.
2. She somehow ended up driving to the other side of the lake and into the water.
3. There was some sort of incident or accident and it was covered up by driving or pushing her vehicle into the lake.

Scenario #2 seems highly unlikely to me, as it appears it would be virtually impossible to drive to the other side of the lake without using Hwy 89 first. Even if she went the wrong direction on Hwy 89 and then exited at Hobart Mills Road (which then connects to Old Hwy 89, which eventually leads to the reservoir), it seems that she would have had ample opportunity to immediately get back on Hwy 89 in the correct direction.

How realistic would it be for her to enter the reservoir from the boat lunch (or nearby area) on the side of the reservoir near the party, and then for the vehicle to drift over to the other side of the lake? The map I'm looking at indicates that it's over 1000 feet from one side of the lake to the other (from around the boat launch to where her car was discovered). Even if the distance is narrowed due to drought in that area, it would still likely be several hundred feet. That seems like an awfully long way for a car to drift in relatively shallow water. Occam's razor, right? The car wasn't very far from the shore when it was discovered, so it would seem very likely that it went into the reservoir on that side.

If it's the case that the car went into the water on the opposite side of the reservoir, then I have a hard time believing that it wasn't foul play. As I already stated, it looks like it would be virtually impossible to drive a circuitous route around the lake to get to near where the car was discovered. One would most likely have to use Hwy 89 and even then there would be plenty of opportunity to make a U-turn (if that was even necessary) and get back on Hwy 89 in the right direction.

Remember also that we have no real evidence that KR was heavily intoxicated that night. Think about the source of those allegations.

I think we're still only going to get limited information about this case for a while, unless they determine it was clearly a simple vehicular accident.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Rodni.png
    Rodni.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 108
It seems odd to me that they found her vehicle on the other side of the reservoir, across from the boat launch that was near the party. That would seem to narrow it down to one of 3 scenarios:

1. She drove into the reservoir in or around the boat launch (on the side of the lake by the party) and then the vehicle drifted to the opposite end of the lake near the shore.
2. She somehow ended up driving to the other side of the lake and into the water.
3. There was some sort of incident or accident and it was covered up by driving or pushing her vehicle into the lake.

Scenario #2 seems highly unlikely to me, as it appears it would be virtually impossible to drive to the other side of the lake without using Hwy 89 first. Even if she went the wrong direction on Hwy 89 and then exited at Hobart Mills Road (which then connects to Old Hwy 89, which eventually leads to the reservoir), it seems that she would have had ample opportunity to immediately get back on Hwy 89 in the correct direction.

How realistic would it be for her to enter the reservoir from the boat lunch (or nearby area) on the side of the reservoir near the party, and then for the vehicle to drift over to the other side of the lake? The map I'm looking at indicates that it's over 1000 feet from one side of the lake to the other (from around the boat launch to where her car was discovered). That seems like an awfully long way for a car to drift in relatively shallow water. Occam's razor, right? The car wasn't very far from the shore when it was discovered, so it would seem very likely that it went into the reservoir on that side.

If it's the case that the car went into the water on the opposite side of the reservoir, then I have a hard time believing that it wasn't foul play. As I already stated, it looks like it would be virtually impossible to drive a circuitous route around the lake to get to near where the car was discovered. One would most likely have to use Hwy 89 and even then there would be plenty of opportunity to make a U-turn (if that was even necessary) and get back on Hwy 89 in the right direction.

Remember also that we have no real evidence that KR was heavily intoxicated that night. Think about the source of those allegations.

I think we're still only going to get limited information about this case for a while, unless they determine it was clearly a simple vehicular accident.
I think there is still some confusion as to where she was found. Hopefully it's OK to post this. Another user, Otto, posted this map (post #514 currently). The black #4 dot is where they found her today, right by the party area. :(
found.png

I think there is still some confusion as to where she was found. Hopefully it's OK to post this. Another user, Otto, posted this map (post #514 currently). The black #4 dot is where they found her today, right by the party area. :(
View attachment 361037
Yes! Earlier it seemed folks were saying the car was found near point 6, but it was evidently located near point 4 on this map.

Not amateur at all, but keep thinking that lol..
“ Amateur opinion and speculation”
is RosesfromAngels tagline, not reference to AWP, they refer to AWP as “AWP is the real deal. Superheroes for sure.”

I know it can read like the tagline / sign off is part of the post as I read it like that at first too

Yes! Earlier it seemed folks were saying the car was found near point 6, but it was evidently located near point 4 on this map.
I think because the Google map images look so different from today's images (water line and vegetation were a bit different), but you could clearly see the outlines of the roads. I'm sure we will get 100% confirmation tomorrow.

Ok I see this now too plus another area. It’s definitely busted out! But did she bust it out just as it turned on it’s side?? That’s gonna make me so frustrated !!
I think it's possible too that it was damaged during the recovery, especially if they had to change its orientation.

I think it's possible too that it was damaged during the recovery, especially if they had to change its orientation.
I believe this would be consistent with the broken off mirror and the small dent just below the window, where the mirror is dangling. It doesn’t look like it skidded along, as the paint is intact—looks more like a crush from being turned over, possibly onto a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07